[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, my PS3 broke along with all my save data. I'm resorting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: xeno.jpg (56KB, 562x490px) Image search: [Google]
xeno.jpg
56KB, 562x490px
Hi guys, my PS3 broke along with all my save data. I'm resorting to emulation to try and get my game back.

It was the Japanese version of Xenogears and I got to the place called 'Sky City Shevat'.

I've never downloaded a save file before. How do I do it? Also, does anyone know where I might find the Japanese save file?

Thanks
>>
>>3449387
Why were you playing the Jap version? Don't you think a Jap site would be a better place to ask for a Jap save?

Better yet consider yourself lucky for missing out on the ending of that game. Spoiler alert, the dev team ran out of time and money and the second disk is nothing but filler and Fei sitting on a black background describing the various dungeons and story segments they cut for time. Ohh yeah and when all the revelations are said and done the whole thing is a nonsensical mess.
>>
>>3449393
>Why were you playing the Jap version? Don't you think a Jap site would be a better place to ask for a Jap save?

I really don't know ay place where I can ask this question. Also I don't know how to download and play a save file.
>>
>>3449396
Well if you're playing a story based game in Japanese, one presumes you are at least semi-fluent in the language. Looking on Japanese sites may well help you better.
>>
>>3449396
Is there anything you know or can do?
>>
>>3449406
Well I can emulate PS1. But I've never downloaded a save file. Is it relatively easy to do?

>>3449405
True. I guess I'll search around.
>>
Oh man I hope you can find it - if you can't you will have to do fucking Babel Tower all over again.

That level - HOOOOOO BOYYY. For anyone who never played Xenogears:

Xenogears tried to do many, many things. It was an amazing game, in my opinion one of the greatest PS1/ hell one of the greatest games of all time. There were some things that were rough about it though. The aforementioned disc 2 was a huge jump back in quality from the first disc but towards the end of the game it all comes together. This is still an amazing game to play through and for its time it was absolutely groundbreaking.

Babel tower though....oh my fucking god this level.

You have to platform jump to ascend up the tower. There are random encounters throughout this and they can totally fuck up your jumps. If you miss one jump, you go all the way back to the beginning. IT IS HORRIBLE. The only good part is you will probably level up 3-5 levels from forced grinding.

OP's save is after this part. Hope he finds it!
>>
>>3449590
Thanks for the encouragement, hope I can find it.

You guys can just talk about Xenogears if you want
>>
>>3449590
I have a friend who stopped playing the game because of Babel Tower. He fell one too many times and then just said fuck it. Which I totally get. The controls in that game are terrible.

I got lucky, never fell and got random encounters at good times so the whole thing only took a couple minutes and I barely even remember it. But it's a crapshoot.

At least that's where the game starts really going downhill so you may as well just watch youtube videos of the rest of it. It's not much different from playing.
>>
>>3449639

I actually sold the game the first time I got to Babel Tower. Spent 4 hours and said fuck it.

I rebought it a few years later and FINALLY got through it. I'm glad I did, because I leveled up much smarter this time around. I think the game as a whole is great.

You got SUPER lucky!
>>
File: 1403222917528.jpg (283KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1403222917528.jpg
283KB, 650x650px
You might as well give up now.

There's a boss in Disc 2 that literally softlocks your game with one of his attacks (which is almost unavoidable even with save states) unless you're playing on a genuine PS1. PS2s/PS3s and even Emulators fail to it.

Just read the plot synopsis or read/watch a Let's Play and you'll get just as much enjoyment out of it. Really, all you're missing is Chu-Chu becoming best party member.
>>
I actually like Babel Tower

I also like teleporter mazes and illusion forests though so
>>
>>3450764
babel tower was cool as fuck

how many dungeons do you get to climb the hollowed out remains of a city on an old civilization ship?

you're crazy for liking teleporter mazes though. those things are the epitome of bad game design
>>
File: climatrol.png (563KB, 3102x3332px) Image search: [Google]
climatrol.png
563KB, 3102x3332px
>>3450818
Does this trigger you?
>>
>>3450671
wrong beat it on my psp git gud
>>
>>3450671
>There's a boss in Disc 2 that literally softlocks your game with one of his attacks (which is almost unavoidable even with save states)

I beat Xenogears on a PS2. The battle you're talking about was annoying but doesn't stop you from progressing. You can avoid the bug by killing the boss fast enough before it hangs the game with its attack.
>>
>>3449590
>Babel Tower
It's nowhere near as bad as the entire second disc.
>>
>>3450931
thanks for reminding me why phantasy star is an awful series
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.