[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have ten seconds to explain why your main FFVI party wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: edgar-chainsaw.jpg (273KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
edgar-chainsaw.jpg
273KB, 900x675px
You have ten seconds to explain why your main FFVI party wasn't Edgar/Sabin/Cyan/Shadow.
>>
>>3446178

>not having a waifu party with Terra, Celes, Relm, Mog

why do you hate fun?
>>
>>3446192
Because waifufags are cancer.
>>
My team was Locke/Terra/Sabin/ Edgar sometimes switching Locke for Shadow. My opinions and tastes are objectively superior and right.
>>
>>3446178
Cyan? Really? Why would you play with him?

I like to use almost every character except for Cyan or Setzer. Hell, even Gau and Umaro are better to use just for the lulz
>>
Cuz I like having equal amounts of grills and buoys in my JRPG parties.

Terra/Locke/Sabin/Celes

Also FF6 is extremely overrated.
>>
>Edgar
Sure.
>Sabin
No doubt.
>Cyan
Yeah, lets fucking cripple myself.
>Shadow
Meh.
Switch out Cyan and Shadow for Gogo and the old man or Gau, and then we'll talk.
>>
>>3446192
my nigga
>>
Setzer for the reverse joker doom in any% no sketch
>>
I never understood why they gave a ninja a western-style theme song.
>>
>>3446178
I'm not gay
>>
>>3446440
>current year
>not having a vagina
>>
Because I never played it
>>
>>3446308
Because he's cool old guy with the strength and courage of a hundred man?
>>
>>3446353
Because ninjas were japan's cowboys apparently. See Wild Arms and Boomerang.
>>
>>3446178
>Sabin
>Cyan
>Locke
>Umaro
Snowflake/10?
>>
My general team is usually Edgar/Sabin/Terra/Celes because the game's plot pretty much revolves around those four.
>>
>Locke
Only useful for Steal. His character was garbage. Boohoo, my girlfriend is dead, move the fuck on.

>Terra
Waifubait mary sue.

>Edgar
How often do you get to play as a fucking king in Final Fantasy? Also his tools were pretty cool.

>Sabin
Manly guy. Street Fighter inputs to do commands kicked ass.

>Cyan
Probably has the most motivation out of the cast. SwordTech wait time kinda sucks though.

>Celes
Waifubait mary sue.

>Shadow
Kinda boring, but badass in a way. He should've known Steal since he used to be a thief.

>Gau
Annoying as fuck character. People only use him because of his broken rage magic.

>Setzer
If you used this guy, you were a homobutt.

>Strago
Possibly the shittiest character in the game.

>Relm
Pedobait.

>Mog
Who cares.

>Umaru
Who cares.

>Gogo
Who cares.
>>
>>3446723
>Hmmm, okay, I disagree but there is some merit
>Okay
>I knew you have some potential anon-kun
>Yes yes yes
>Not bad, he's someone you choose for character, not mechanics
>Why do this now? You were doing well
>Okay, that makes sense. He should have had that.
>Yeah, he was an odd one. I guess one can find him annoying
>...what
>Oh shit, anon, I'm gonna have to go and slap a bitch. Stopped reading.
>>
Yeah my team is Edgar Sabin and Cyan my fourth was usually determined by something like what do I need for this dungeon or what do I feel like right now.
>>
>>3446178
Too many guys, it's way too gay
>>
I really liked Cyan as a character, but I couldn't fit him into an endgame niche that any other character would fill better. His gear preference means I can't just load him up with powerful endgame swords and spam fight command. Using SwdTech optimally would mean picking other characters that can fight without commands (Umaro, Gau, Mog? Gogo?) just so I wouldn't be losing out on damage
>>
I always rolled Sabin Cyan Mog Umaro.
>>
>>3446723
>If you used this guy, you were a homobutt.
Kind of crummy reasoning there, anon. Did your Dad have a gambling problem?
>>
>>3446178
Because I liked switching out so I can use everybody

Except the Yeti.
>>
>>3446178
They weren't my favorite characters. Edgar was neat but I didn't like his abilities. Cyan is mopey and his abilities are actually kind of bad. Shadow is meh.

Sabin was always in my party if I had the chance though. Sabin, Terra, Gau, Mog. That's my go-to FFVI party. Not the most powerful, but the most fun because I like them all the best.
>>
>>3446723
Hot trash edgetard opinions here kiddo. You win a /vr/ gold star.
>>
>>3446178
As a kid my main party was always Sabin/Celes/Locke/Edgar. Mostly because I liked their stories the most. Locke/Celes had to be together obviously, and Sabin/Edgar were the two strongest characters in my mind.

Replaying the game very recently.. Locke is very much a weak character. Celes is still pretty strong, and Runic is an underrated move. Sabin is ridiculously OP as always, but Edgar isn't as good as I remember him being. His chainsaw is strong, but only when it does regular damage, and not the instant death move. I dunno.

My most recent playthrough has seen a lot more Terra and Shadow than I've used in the past. Terra's Trance ability is crazy strong, though later in the game it isn't quite as useful as damage will cap out at 9999. Shadow has some pretty damn high attack damage and can use a ton of daggers that none of my other party members can, so I gave him a Genji Glove and have him attack quite a bit. His throwing items are really damn strong, too.

Umaro with a Berserker Ring is pretty fun to use. Gogo is pretty fun as well.

Mog is awful.
Not sure what Rage commands will make Gau good.
>>
>>3447065
>Not sure what Rage commands will make Gau good.

I love chicken lip or something like that (it's been years) was one of my favorites. He pretty much just cases Quake constantly. Put float on your party and it's pretty awesome. But then I also like using Mog cause the dances are fun.
>>
File: 599075.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
599075.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Terra, front row, dual wielding Lightbringer and Ultima Sword.

Edgar, back row, using techs

Sabin, back row, using broken as fuck blitz moves.

Shadow, back row, throwing fuma shurikens.

Also, dualcasting Ultima with Terra and mimicking her with Gogo is pretty fun.
>>
>>3447090
Terra
>Quick-Ultima, Ultima-Ultima

Gogo
>Mimic

Nothing stands any chance at all. Kefka dies so fast it's sad.
>>
>>3447078
My problem with Mog (and Gau too) is their main moveset locks them into an uncontrollable state. This isn't great for boss fights.
>>
>>3447110
The game is pretty easy anyways, and I find their abilities useful enough that it outweighs them losing control. Gau is basically auto damage, all you have to do is pick the right rage for what you're fighting and make sure he doesn't die and he'll nuke constantly. I think he's actually pretty great.

Mog is less useful in reality, but I like using him anyways. Efficiency is less important. Plus I usually have Terra and she can nearly solo everything if she wanted anyways. Other characters can be just window dressing when one them of casting Ultima 3 times every round.
>>
>>3446178
Because I let shadow die
>>
>>3447065
I don't really remember any world of ruin rages, but for WoB, stray cat for 4x damage nearly every round is good. Marshal consistently does AoE wind damage. Either one makes Gau an early murder machine.
The game is easy so it doesn't matter anyway.
Sabin and fire dance can solo half the damn game.
>>
>>3447065
Chainsaw is shit. Drill and Flash are the two that matter. Drill seems to never miss, and Flash does decent damage. Have Edgar Drill a Cactaur, Cactaur is dead.

As for Gau's Rages, I stopped by after fighting the Pearl Dragon, and encountered it in the wild. Pearl Dragon Rage is powerful as fuck, since it makes him shoot Pearl/Holy pretty much every turn, plus does some buffs if I recall.
Intangir is fucking OP as fuck. Mute Gau before letting him Rage, and he'll be Haste, Safe, Shell, Clear, Float, protected from every status ailment except slow and stop, and elemental absorbing.
Tyranosaur shoots Meteo. Vectaur does Pearl Wind, as do Peepers. Stray Cat's Catscratch is a very powerful physical attack. Chimera does Aqua Rake and is immune to damn near everything. Magic Urn turns Gau into a Cure3 healbot with massive protections from everything.

>>3447090
I usually went like this:
Edgar, front row, dual wielding Atma Weapon and Illumina, with Offering. Drill/Flash only in special situations.
Sabin, front row unless final boss fight, dual wielding two Tiger Fangs.
Gogo, front row, Rages, Lores, Throw, sometimes Magic instead of Lores. Usually give him Merit Award and two Tiger Fangs.
Gau, back row.
>>
>>3446827
Nah, he just looks like a prototype for Sephiroth, who as we all know is one of FF's biggest gayboys. Also he stole the role from Cid as the airship guy.
>>
>>3447420
Makes sense, seeing as both he (and Shadow) were designed by Nomura, who ruined the Final Fantasy franchise.
>>
>>3446178
Because I've never played FFVI.
Only FF I've played was the first one on NES and I didn't finish even that.
>>
>>3446723
>using Sabin's blitzes instead of just casting magic
Blitzes are weak, brah. Even phantom rush only hits for 9999. Just dualcast ultima/quick instead
>>
terra/edgar/sgadow/relm

i liekd the setup, probably wasnt optimal, but they were my favorites, and thats all that mattered to my 11 year old ass

also, terra is cute
>>
>>3446178
Switch Cyan with Setzer and you have my party.
>>
Locke, Figaro Bros., Shadow. Unstoppable rape train.
>>
>>3446178
Because Setzer + Fixed Dice + Master's Scroll = GET FUCKING REKT
>>
>>3447438

>Nomura
>ruined the Final Fantasy franchise

That's a funny way to spell Momotu Toriyama.

Oh wait, he's post-2000 so he doesn't exist.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.