[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I play Chrono trigger? Or final fantasy 6 first? Looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg (118KB, 700x640px) Image search: [Google]
Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg
118KB, 700x640px
Should I play Chrono trigger? Or final fantasy 6 first? Looking for good story/bosses. Or if theres suggestions for any other rpgs, doesn't have to be JRPGS. I really enjoed baldurs gate 1&2 as well.
>>
>>3444147
Neither.

Shin Megami Tensei.
>>
If you're coming from baldur's gate get ready to be disapointed, jrpgs are the lowest common denominator. Japanese rpgs are trash, and shouldn't be played by anyone.
>>
>>3444154
lame should I just do another baldurs run then?
>>
>>3444147
I'm currently playing through hardmodes of both at insane difficulty.
FF6 Brave New World is amazing.
CT Lavos' Awakening is pretty hard.
>>
>>3444147
Well, good story is OPINIONS (all I can tell you without spoiling it is that it revolves around time travel and paradoxes, in case the title hadn't hinted you), but this one has some fun/smart bosses. The game in general is pretty easy and you can overlevel easily if you try. The DS version is the best, whoever tells you otherwise is a troll. In general it's not a great investment as getting into CT is pretty easy, there aren't 1290812309123 mechanics to get used to, the game in general feels pretty natural.
>>
>>3444147
>Looking for good story
Read a book.>>3444398
>The DS version is the best,
Chrono Trigger? Nah SNES is better, the added caveman world in the DS version blows.
>>
>>3444398
I agree. If nothing else, just play CT cuz you'll get a quick rpg fix as it will take you 22-24 hours tops to beat.
>>
>>3444147
Chrono Trigger is a lighthearted adventure through time. It has some serious concepts but overall the mood is upbeat and positive. It has the faster gameplay the two and overall feels like a more complete game in a lot of circumstances.

Final Fantasy 6 is a story that deals with the idea of examining multiple character's motivations and ideals to why they are trying to stop the big bad. It is more experimental in a lot of ways in comparison to Chrono Trigger. It still worth checking out.

If you're looking for a good story both games have a better story than BG1/2 so you should be okay there. They're not masterpieces of story telling by any means but they can be engaging and enjoyable regardless.

If you want something focused on narrative completely look into Planescape Torment.
>>
>21 years old today
>>
>>3444147
chrono trigger first for the story/bosses

but FF6 is a must play right after
>>
If you're someone like me, looking to create a story one day (regardless the medium) that's both chipper and has a lot of complexity if you look for it, Chrono Trigger is a must play. Everything about it lore-wise is rather wonderful.

As for the actual game, it's really only that fun the first time through it.

FF6 is a little different. And by that I mean it's better. It's got the best score of any video game I've ever played, the monsters are all well designed, it doesn't get boring unless you can't figure out what to do next, and the bad guy is fun.

Problem is, the game is easy. Like, super easy after a certain point. You can level one character to be strong enough to solo any encounter in the game. I haven't played Brave New World tho.
>>
irrelevant both are classics. There is no wrong choice. If my last digit is even trigger, if odd 6
>>
>>3444147
If this is your first JRPG then FFIV first, FFVI and finally Chrono Trigger.
You won't respect Chrono Trigger and what separates it from it's contemporaries until you've played a few JRPGs around that time period.
If you really want to see the evolution of the genre then play the first final fantasy. A non-square RPG would help too, Dragon Quest V is good and helps you understand how Chrono Trigger is a really a mix of the good parts of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.