[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the best way to safe guard consoles at a con ? Don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0456.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0456.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
what's the best way to safe guard consoles at a con ?

Don't want console , controllers or games stolen
>>
>>3442251
>>
Make sure you or your crew stand by it? If you've got it set up at a con, chances are people are gonna want to ask about it or talk to the owner anyway.
>>
Speaking as someone that has worked for/at both big expos and also done his own small scale thing for a good few years I can say this on the paranoid types.

If you dont want it to get damaged? Dont stick it out.
Dont want it to get nicked? Dont stick it out
Dont stick out expensive games, use bootlegs, most work the same and to most look the same

Rare/obscure stuff is interesting to stick out, but most the time it will get ignored unless its the only thing left to play.

Also know how to quick fix things on the go, keep a mini tool kit to hand with some alcoholic wipes

if you are doing it at a venue scout the place first, check the locals and what they are like.

Dont stick expensive things near a busy area.

Always have somebody overseeing the machines,

Generally most people going to these things are ok types, they wont nick stuff, you an tell the dodgy types a mile off, so keep an eye on them.

On my own thing I have had a Mario Kart and Perfect dark stolen (the latter was almost 100% unlocked)
The closest to damage ive had is a pint being spilled near my Vectrex, glad those things have a handle and that time somebody didn't turn the power off before removing a game on a 2600 then trying to force the game in the wrong way.
Thats been in the 6 years ive been doing it.

These days I use mutli carts, flashcarts and modded machines. Harder for them to nick something without somebody noticing.

At the likes of huge expos last year its been both a gamecube controller and a copy of Goldeneye, considering the scale of it all
>>
>>3442279
Only for kids parties
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.