[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm playing SoR right now and I play as Blaze even though

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 384128-blaze_large.png (33KB, 300x210px) Image search: [Google]
384128-blaze_large.png
33KB, 300x210px
I'm playing SoR right now and I play as Blaze even though she is considered the hardest character, and I never played this game before, but she is just too cool and cute.
In other genres(such as jrpgs) I frequently pick lame characters/classes if I like how they look.
Anyone else here prefers style over usefulness?
>>
I hope you're playing the japanese version
>>
>>3442046
what's the difference?
>>
>>3442046
>Bare Knuckle is identical to Streets of Rage except obviously for the title screen and the Japanese writing in the intro.
>>
>>3442076
That alone should be reason to play it.
>>
>>3442040

The fact her sprite is recycled for baddies is a bit of a disappointment desu
>>
>>3442040
>Blaze
>hardest

What? Who the fuck told you that? Stop making shit up, bitch.

She's the best character in SOR1.

She's the worst in SOR2.

She's pretty good in SOR3.
>>
>>3442154
>She's the best character in SOR1.

Hmm no, her hits are weaker than the 2 others, it takes longer to kill eneimes with her. Her speed and jump really don't make up for that, although jump can be useful against some bosses, but even with Axel which has the worst jump, if you time it right it's not a problem. Her speed can be useful but only Adam is slower, and when you the game well it's not an issue.

Honestly Blaze is better when you're new at the game, because her speed and jump can save you, but once you know the game Axel and Adam are the bests.

This being said, I used to play this game all the time with my co-op buddy, we've played it over a hundred times, doing 1 life playthroughs, and I'd still use Blaze all the time because I enjoyed her style.
>>
>>3442167
Damn I think I got confused with SOR2 for a while. We used to play both all the time, and often back to back, and it's been several years.

>this game is all about infinite jabs.
Yeah I know. Stun locking everything in your path. Still the jumping can be useful against some bosses, the ones which are harder to stun lock with a jab, like IIRC against Abadede, it's easier to stun lock him when he gets up after being hit by a jump kick.
>>
Is there any legitimate reason why they changed the title of the game?
>>
>>3442154
>What? Who the fuck told you that? Stop making shit up, bitch.
the character select screen told me that. she has b for power, a for jump and speed. obviously she was intended to be a generic "weak, but fast" character by the developers(which are usually the hardest ones to play), but something went wrong and she became the best one.
>>
>>3442057

She gets naked in the Japanese ending.
>>
>>3442157
Adam has a move that doesn't function properly, only doing 1 point of damage.
>>
I always pick Blaze mainly because i like a woman beating the shit out of everyone
>>
>>3442040
I like playing as her (or women in games in general) because if I'm going to be spending hours staring at a screen, I'd rather be looking at a pretty lady than a buff dude.
>>
>>3442583
This is the usual excuse people give when playing mmorpgs.
>>
>>3442583
>if I'm going to be spending hours staring at a screen, I'd rather be looking at a pretty lady than a buff dude.

that's pretty sexist, man

buff dudes deserve to be stared too
>>
File: gayer response ham helms.jpg (192KB, 707x540px) Image search: [Google]
gayer response ham helms.jpg
192KB, 707x540px
>>3442594
>>
>>3442583
>>3442593
its because theyre insecure virgins who need to express how straight and masculine they want you to think they are.
>>
>>3442645
i play as females because games are fantasies where we pretend to be stuff we arent so i try out to be female characters most of the time

i'm still an insecure virgin trying to express how straight and masculine i am?
>>
Blaze reminds me of Misato, seeing Misato kick ass is always delightful.
Maybe Misato's design was even inspired by her.
>>
File: guy-ffmoves.gif (17KB, 125x108px)
guy-ffmoves.gif
17KB, 125x108px
>>3442040
>Anyone else here prefers style over usefulness?
I like to play Guy in Final Fight.

Though to be fair, I think he's "mid tier" in this game. Cody is the best obviously, but Guy has better crowd control skills than Haggar.
>>
>>3442856
Some guy who made videos of 1cc with each FF character thinks that Haggar > Cody > Guy
>>
>>3442889
people like haggar because he's a big bugg mayor in suspenders punching thugs of his city in the face

but he's objectively the worst character of FF series gameplaywise
>>
>>3442940
>but he's objectively the worst character of FF series gameplaywise

Haggar is the strongest character by far. Anyone who can 1cc the game with each character knows this as a fact. But Haggar is also the hardest character to use properly, because you have to get used to certain quirks like not being able to grab immediately after a throw, or needing different strategies against specific bosses.

People who think Haggar sucks probably think "derp he's the only one without an infinite so he must be the worst", but...

(1) he DOES have an infinite and it's the most damaging one in the game
(2) even without using his infinite he's STILL the best character
>>
>>3443028
Yeah agreed. I think Cody is on par with Haggar because of the knives, but without it Haggar would be much better.
>>
>>3442040
I try to pick the coolest looking character as much as I can but I also want to win. So if it's just too hard I'll say fuck it and pick the one with the best stats even if they look worse. Especially true in RPGs because I don't want to get 50 hours in and fuck myself over by leveling up the worst character in the game and not being able to finish.
>>
>>3442487
>She gets naked in the Japanese ending.
CITATION NEEDED
>>
>>3442940
Using Haggar in FF2 is easy mode. You want hard try Maki. Weak af.
>>
>>3442889
Was it this guy or someone else?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm3OqLXBt2I

I ask because this video is cool as shit and inspired me to practice 1ccing FF.
>>
>>3443809
He used save-states though.

>Button 3 - Release (Release from enemies grip - check Haggar's game play where I used it on Andore, Rolento and Abigail. It works for every character but I don't need it for Guy and Cody.)

This button is cheating, I don't even know why it's on MAME. As far as i know the only legit way to release is mashing joystick/buttons, which is impossible for Rolento/Abigai.
>>
>>3443824
>He used save-states though.
Sheeeeit. I need to read descriptions next time. He was my spirit animal for a short time.

At any rate, the video HAS given me some tips on how to play properly.
>>
As for the best Final Fight replays on youtube, I nominate these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulCvAZsNDk4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzIRgOpZczU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v5R0AAQjl8
>>
>>3442040
yes
>>
>>3443809
No.... If the word "longplay" is in the title, then it is NEVER a 1cc.

He's talking about this guy's channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelpf08
>>
>>3442940
>haggar
>the worst

wrong. he's the best. you need to get better.
>>
>>3443874
>using crutches like autofire and button 3
shit player 2bh
>>
>>3443224
Not naked. Just wearing a bikini instead of a one-piece swimsuit.
>>
File: 1433340256129.gif (993KB, 340x191px) Image search: [Google]
1433340256129.gif
993KB, 340x191px
>>3442040
>tfw you always pick Axel in every game
I am a boring person.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.