[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your opinion on Famicom Tantei Club: Part II? Why didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

Your opinion on Famicom Tantei Club: Part II? Why didn't this game get localized in the west? I'm sure it would of been praised for it's point and click like adventure feel.
>>
Suppose they didn't feel like it would make them enough money.
Translators want to get paid so adventures and the like have a higher investment than other games.
>>
>>3442025
One of the best games I've ever played. And I don't even like adventure games usually.
>>
Because tranny
>>
I said this in the thread you made on /v/, and it's because it came out in 1998. There's no way anybody in the west would have bought a new SNES game in 1998 (likely later considering translation delay).
>>
>>3442025
West only likes adventure games full of dad jokes.
>>
>>3442025
I really liked it a lot. It's a shame part I has never been translated.
>>
Really, really hope that one of these days a project on the first game actually sticks and it gets finished. I'd love to check it out. Tomato did such a fantastic job on FTC2, I really wanna check out the first one
>>
>>3444176
But it is.
>>
>>3442025
Probably because it was too short a game with niche audience to warrant a cartridge release
>>
>>3444574
No it isn't.
>>
Why part 2? I haven't played any but I'm pretty sure if this series was gonna be localized at all they'd have to do part 1 first.
>>
>>3444212
>I really wanna check out the first one
You are the main thing stopping you.
>>
>>3444742
But Part II is a prequel and comes before the first game plot wise.
>>
>>3444616
http://www.romhacking.net/translations/850/
>>
>>3445658
Can someone upload an already patched version of the rom? I don't know how to patch the hack to the rom.
>>
>>3445658
That's part II retard
>>
>>3445470
So? Do you really think a prequel invalidates release order?
>>
>>3446091
My bad didn't read it good.
>>
Detective club is great.

Are there any other translated VNs on retro consoles that are similar to it?
>>
>>3446330
Try "The Portopia Serial Murder Case" on Famicom. It has the same style of Detective Club.
>>
>>3446330
>translated VNs on retro consoles
There's next to none to begin with.
J.B. Harold series might be what you want.
>>
>>3442025
I find that game kinda unfortunate. The presentation is absolutely top notch. It would be a great vn/adventure, if it wasn't for the way the Japanese often design these games. Progress is based on tedious nonsense rather than figuring things out. You must examine, re-examine, and think various things (using a think command, not actual thinking) until your main character catches on to what must be done, rather than just being able to do it. Sometimes these things must be done until a new event triggers. The problem is it's mostly just useless fluff to have it like this. If all this text is important in this order, then surely it would benefit everyone to streamline it a bit? The way it is, it just feels like they figured out how to implement grinding into a fucking adventure game to bloat the playtime and that's completely unacceptable.

I had the same experience with Yu-No recently, which was also really unfortunate because the premise and presentation are great. It's such a waste to bring them down with such stupid game structure.
>>
>>3447537
Both those games are old as fuck though, don't expect modern stream lined gameplay.
>>
>>3447537
Sounds better than Western p&c adventure games where you have to use a guide or try every possible item combination, only to figure out you missed trading a sock to a character at the end of the map for a jug of milk that you need to combine with a lemon in order to progress?
>>
>>3448107
>don't expect modern stream lined gameplay.
Why is it that expecting things to be intuitive is "modern"?
>>
>>3447537
>if it wasn't for the way the Japanese often design these games
Yeah, those silly japaneses. Why can't they learn from the great non-Japanese VNs (hurr) or adventure games (durr >>3448365)?
>>
>>3448378
The fact that old games like these exist means intuitive is modern? You could just play a VN which is nothing but reading text instead.
>>
>>3447537
>I had the same experience with Yu-No recently, which was also really unfortunate because the premise and presentation are great. It's such a waste to bring them down with such stupid game structure.
YU-NO has a completely unique structure compared to most Japanese adventure games so I've got no idea what you're talking about.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.