[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this hobby you usually find yourself with a bunch of consoles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Y2NEvlK.jpg (83KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Y2NEvlK.jpg
83KB, 960x720px
In this hobby you usually find yourself with a bunch of consoles you have to store and swap out often.
Has anyone found a reliable tv stand/display case to display and make it easier to play?
I am thinking about just taking the drawers out of a dresser.
>>
First world problems.

Storing or taking out consoles and connecting the cables isn't something terrible, in fact I'd say it's part of the charm.

I just use one or two consoles at a time.
>>
>>3434217
Thats actually a good idea anon, if you can find one with a board in between the drawers. Usually theyre hollow.
>>
File: 1468667840192.jpg (23KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1468667840192.jpg
23KB, 500x285px
>>3434217
>>3434217
>Having those attached to an lcd
>>
>>3434331
>using a boxy power-sucking antique
I understand why you would use a CRT, but sometimes it's just not practical.
>>
>>3434331
This is just a google search image. Ideally we will have Flatscreen and CRT on the same platform.
>>3434228
Well, my wife would like something that looks better than stuff scattered around and I like the idea of being able to display them.
>>3434295
We might end up trying this, if we do I will post the results in a few months.
>>
>>3434347
Then don't play old consoles. Framemeister, emulation, CRT. Pick one.
>>
>>3434228
I love having to pack and unpack something every time I want to use it. Part of the charm.
>>
>>3434217
>>3434295
>>3434352
Really though, God tier is making it yourself. Everything fits, looks exactly how you want it and is about the same cost as IKEA shit assuming you have tools but no materials.
>>
>>3434459
I keep all mine in shoe boxes
>>
>>3434467
>making it yourself.

remember, real wood or plywood on top board, the rest can be particle boards.

have a foot under every vertical like in OP pic, or make bottom horizontal real/plywood as well.

particle boards/MDF/OSB cannot sustain much weight horizontally, they bend in few months with the weight of a CRT.
>>
My ideal set up would be a corner TV stand with about 4 to 6 consoles underneath in the shelves and a tower filled with whatever is left nearby. I was thinking something like in the image but glass and not so ugly looking. Of course I don't have the room for this unless I move the 2 arcade cabinets out of the office.
>>
>>3434217
>Not using a vr approved television
Fuck outta here
>>
redundant af op, ps2 and 2 ps1s? 2 ps3, wii and a gamecube. cant even properly open saturn gc or ps in the shelf, hdtv. nigga plz

>>3436395
faggot led computer fans are unnecessary. vrpcmr detected
>>
>>3436398
OP here, that is a google image. I game on a trinitron.
>>3436410
I agree, I am not one of those people that needs every make of each console, I have one of each in working order.
>>
>>3436441
I'm the same

Use ps2 for ps1 and 2, bonus; ypbpr output

Use wii for gc games, bonus ypbpr output for $190 less

and the old consoles get less wear.
>>
File: 1454486157794.jpg (425KB, 1296x925px) Image search: [Google]
1454486157794.jpg
425KB, 1296x925px
>>3436395
+5 internets to you sir. Laying the last gen on the side to reduce the drive wear and elevating them with fans to keep them cool. It could be a bit sexier but still very sexy
>>
>>3436495
>>3436410
I forgot to mention that that is not my tower. Lol
>>
>>3436469
Nice, I still have a ps 1 for those few games that dont work on ps2 and I do have a gamecube because I like its aesthetics.

I should say that when I have it all set up I will use mostly composite so that I can get a switcher and just select which one I want to play at a time. I think the dreamcast is the only one I have s-video outputs to.
>>
File: 1439645201442.jpg (227KB, 1060x1883px) Image search: [Google]
1439645201442.jpg
227KB, 1060x1883px
Some anon posted this in a thread a while back, but I've been meaning to try to copy this. I really need somewhere to put all of my controllers.
>>
>>3434217
>no Dreamcast

Disgusting.
>>
>>3437008
That is badass. Were those racks made to hold something else or is that made from scratch?
>>
So, so many questionable decisions.

Why do you have 2 PS1s?

Why do you have 2 PS3s?

Why do you have a Genesis 3, the shittiest "Sega" Megadrive in existence (yeah yeah, but you guys know what I mean)

You don't have a GB Player for that GCN, so why even bother with it? Heck you don't even have space to open the topped pop a disc in. The Wii and lack of GB Player makes having the GCN there completely redundant.
Now that you know you can easily slim some stuff out, you can make the most of that space, AND put a tiered rack to the left or right of the setup, that's what I did.
>>
>>3437213
"OP here, that is a google image. I game on a trinitron."
>>
>>3437213
dude this is an old ass google image
>>
>>3437213
Said a few times throughout this thread that the image is not mine.I literally just googled video game console storage.

The consoles that I do currently have are NES, SNES, Gamecube, Genesis model 1, dreamcast and ps 1-4.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.