[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any reason to play Soulblazer or Illusion of Gaia before I play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: terranigma.jpg (107KB, 620x340px) Image search: [Google]
terranigma.jpg
107KB, 620x340px
Any reason to play Soulblazer or Illusion of Gaia before I play Terranigma? Other than release order, but from what I understand there's only vague connections between the 3 story-wise and from I've read, Terranigma is by far the best. Unless I should save the best for last?
>>
>>3430315
I actually prefer Illusion of Gaia. But yeah play them in whatever order you want.
>>
You'd be missing out on the best game.
>>
>>3430315
Play Soul Blazer before you do anything else for sure.

Illusion of Gaia is a little bit hit or miss, it's a very strange game with a sort of odd and surreal type of storytelling. It's like Gulliver's Travels and Charles Dickens and the story of Buddha all wrapped up together.

On the other hand, if I were to be forced to liken Soul Blazer to anything I'm not sure I could. I'm not sure I'm really aware of anything like it. It's some sort of creation or apocalypse myth, or maybe some sort of heroic saga, or simple love story, or cautionary tale about the abuses of power. I almost can't even liken it to anything else mechanically, it reminds me of Gauntlet, of Ys, of Zelda, but isn't really entirely like any of those.

You can enjoy playing Terranigma without playing IoG or SB, but if you play them in order the appreciation of everything that Terranigma is will be enhanced significantly.
>>
>>3430315
I only played Soulblazer and Illusion of Gaia

the only connection between the two that I can recall is there's a dog with the same name in both games
>>
>>3430408
What about the mythology of the spirit that lives beyond the physical body, talking to those spirits to gain wisdom, correcting the imbalance in the world by fighting manifestations of negativity, the duality and equal necessity of absolute forces of creation and destruction?
>>
>>3430426
shut the heck up nerd lmfao
>>
>>3430428
your fat wife doesn't love you
>>
>>3430315
Soul Blazer is the best of the trio.
>>
>>3430315

No.

You'll miss out on some references maybe. Theres a direct reference to Soul Blazer in IoG but you'll probably miss it unless you have a guide.
>>
>>3430348
This +1 , legend of Gaia is the shit. Dark will for life my nigga.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.