[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with this system can I >plug in Japanese cart >play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: retrofreak.jpg (26KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
retrofreak.jpg
26KB, 600x400px
So with this system can I
>plug in Japanese cart
>play game with English patch
>backup rom, patch and save to micro sd card
>plug sd card into android device
>load up game in emulator, save
>Then plug the sd card into system, plug in cart, and continue where I left off?
And do this relativity seamlessly?
>>
Do you want to bring shame over your family?
>>
>>3430236
Don't question my insanity
>>
>>3430234
>>plug sd card into android device
>>load up game in emulator, save
>>Then plug the sd card into system, plug in cart, and continue where I left off?
>And do this relativity seamlessly?

HAHAHAH then WHY should i have to insert a cartridge to even play this fucking emulator?

if i had cartridges i would buy a real console and not an emulator that requires cartridges, that's ultra retarded.
>>
>>3430234
You sure can, O.P.!
I got one for me and my wife's son, we love it!
>>
>>3430234
My wife's son reckons this is possible. We both enjoy it.
>>
>>3430358
So does hubby.
>>
File: 00000.jpg (41KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
00000.jpg
41KB, 620x387px
>>3430234
I tried posting about this the other day anon. There's some sort of meme going on about it. It lets you upscale for cheap and you can use nearly all your cartridges with HDMI out. You can dump your savedata and do savestates on the fly. After a friend told me about it I picked one up I haven't had time to go to my storage and pick up some of my games yet but I'm excited.

It's like a multi game emulator for hobbyists who don't want to fuck around and build their own android emulator. You can get the controller adapter and use your old controllers too. I don't know what the meme is all about and it costs less than getting all the original hardware you don't have and a functioning high refresh CRT.

For me dumping save data off my old carts was the biggest selling point. Shilling for free because it's a product that fits a very niche need I had.
>>
>>3430642

scanlines would be a plus. How much was it?
>>
>>3430647
its like 200 bucks
>>
File: snesctl_wii0[1].jpg (225KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
snesctl_wii0[1].jpg
225KB, 800x600px
It's like 20 bucks
>>
>>3430663

>burger colouring
>>
>>3430663

>raphnet.com pics

Post your own if it's so easy and "like 20 bucks"
>>
>>3430642
>who don't want to fuck around and build their own android emulator.
What hobbyist wants Android?
Everyone uses real GNU/Linux or Windows on a IBM compatible PC.

You can get a Retrode if you want to dump your carts and saves without your father being electronics. It only costs $85 and has controllers converters build in.
>>
File: 20160816_090118.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160816_090118.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>3430670
I don't know what a pic of my Wii and like $20 proves but okay...

If you can't letter bomb a Wii you are literally retarded and should probably look for a more idiot friendly forum than 4chan.
>>
>>3430670
I got a wii for $9.99 at a thrift store, letter-bombed it and now it's a one stop emulation station that also plays GCN and Wii games as a bonus.
>>
>>3430663
>GC Super Nintendo controller

How much? Where?
>>
File: 2n207f7[1].jpg (15KB, 550x329px) Image search: [Google]
2n207f7[1].jpg
15KB, 550x329px
>>3430735
Just use an adapter. All it does is pin-mapping so it doesn't introduce any delay.
>>
>>3430663
>>3430670
>>3430685

I was referring to the GC mapped SNES controller. All options for getting a SNES controller onto the Wii cost more than $20 by itself.

The Club Nintendo Super Famicom controller for Wii is ~$45.

Those raphnet adapters are available for ~$20, but you don't know shit about electronics if you think that all those adapters do is "pin mapping". The GC uses a bidirectional 1-wire type protocol while the SNES controller uses a standard shift-register type pinout with clock, latch, and data. This means there's no way around it, you HAVE to buffer inputs.
>>
>>3431159
>Seriously debating whether $20 is much different from $40 vs a $200 shit-by-definition multicart emulator box
Okay then use a $2 HID USB SNES controller - or use a free Wii
>>
>>3431202
How is it shit by definition? Since it's android? Since it upscales? I dont get it. Is this some you're not hardcore if you use or like it type of shenanigans? If someone who isn't neet moved out to a new place and job and didnt bring a wii this is instantly a garbage cart player?

What's the basis? And before someone (you)s me T. Cuck etc someone already did it. I'm about to get one for all my old gameboy carts to keep the save data and play with HDMI.
>>
>>3431392
The basis is that it's fucking stupid to require the carts to emulate the roms.
>>
>>3431402
You dont need the carts to play the roms.
>then just emulate roms from pc or wii
Its an alternative multi cart player if someone cant find or didnt bring the hardware.
>then why have the carts in the first place
The caveat is you can then dump your own carts and savedata as well as play your carts with savestates.

I don't get why people are getting hostile over an android emulator with controller ports.
>>
>>3431438
Because a Wii or Android mini-pc does it at a fraction of the cost. My quick browsing did show that these type of consoles may become the defacto cart dumpers for people that actually want to dump carts but that's a small fraction of the market they're trying for.
>>
>>3431392
Because video game players have to be edgy and angry online
>>
>>3430234
Me and my wife's son are loving it!
>>
>>3430234
Or you can skip to this step
>load up game in emulator, save
and stop there.
>>
>>3431685
My sons wife brings it over every weekend
>>
>>3432875
>I don't understand the cuck meme
>>
>>3433014

>not knowing rephrasing meme posts has been around before cuck
>>
>>3433052
>not being funny in any way

>>3432875
>My sons wife brings it over every weekend
Oh, that sounds like a nice family activity.
>>
>>3433014
Did you know the cuck meme was started by a gay british alt right coal burner who wanted to be the face of white mens rights.

That said i actually have this device and it's very reliable for when i want to play some obscure game when a friend comes over. I always have some goofy issue with wii when we want to download and play something on the fly this is almost a plug and play as far as pop in the micro sd card and its ready to play. Even easier if a friend comes over with a game and i can dump the rom its literally plug and play at that point.
>>
>>3433121
>micro sd card and its ready to play.
what, didnt it REQUIRE a cartridge to play?

as for dumping the ROM, moot point, you should already have the so easy to download ROM dumps from the web archive org

try to hide your identity better mr. manufacturer
>>
>>3433121
The cuck meme started when moot was trying to purge /pol/ in order to make 4chan more appealing to prospective buyers like Hiroshima Nagasaki. Moot started it. Memes are just the natural result.
>>
>>3433418
No you can either play off of the original cart or use roms. If i was a manufacturer i wouldn't have had to have bought one the other day after hearing about it. I wanted to ask if anyone else had one and could vouch for it but it seems like everything is viral advertising for the son of of someones wife.
>>
>>3433565
But how sad would your life have to be to continue it? Very.
>>
>>3433565
But that's wrong. A /pol/ poster milo yammanopolous was the one who forced the meme because he thought it was a funny word and could be a good insult.

>>3433646 T. Cuck with no cartridges other peoples savedata, and no upscaling

Memes aside this device isn't for everyone. If you had carts but no hardware this could save you space in a living or playing area but those types arefew and far between. If you want to dump your own saves then by all means go ahead. If you just need an out to tv emulator there are way better alternatives for cheaper that do better.

I actually ordered one off amazon since i got paid i might review it and then give it as a gift though once the novelty wears off. I find it strange it reads nearly all carts EXCEPT for american nes cards.
>>
>>3433418
Yeah i can get a rom from nearly anywhere but i cant copy my own savedata from anywhere. Enjoy changin your batteries.
>>
>>3430663
This is what I use in my living room. Use it everyday, works flawlessly.
>>
>>3433760
Are you retarded?
Milo isn't a /pol/ poster, he's a breitbart journalist.
The cuck meme started to gain traction when pathetic people in video games started to push a liberal agenda, like Anthony Burch and Jim Sterling, and they turned out to be cucks. People 4chan didn't like let other men have sex with their wives, so they of course made fun of them for it. Eventually it became a common insult, and eventually a meme.
Anthony Burch being a cuck predates moot selling 4chan and Milo's rise to 'fame'.
>>
>>3433565

>when moot was trying to purge /pol/ in order to make 4chan more appealing to prospective buyers

So I guess you don't remember when /new/ was nuked?
>>
>>3434509
Surprised that people in media post content anonymously on the internet?

Its like you really are a small picture kind of person. Perhaps thats why someone posting a device you arent interested in triggers you so much. I just got mine in the mail i need to go to my storage to get some games out for it since there are some saves i want backed up. Of course i could just emulate something but my most of my SD cards are in storage as well.
>>
>>3434509
Well he's a "journalist".
>>
>>3435343
Milo Hippopopolous isn't allowed to retroactively declare himself "the Anon who blah blah" any more than Al Gore invented The Internet. There was just a period that coincided with Moot getting a girlfriend and wanting to unload the site in which there was an aggressive leftist shift in the moderation. When you get banned for expressing your disapproval then the organic Anonymous reaction to that is to ironically adopt it and act as lame as possible which isn't very hard with models like Burch.

The "My wife and I sure love our Retron 5!" meme was separate in the beginning and actually grew out of me talking about my actual new wife a lot in the early days of /vr/ and making the mistake of very slightly supporting the wireless controllers by saying that she likes when I use the Wii to play retro games in the living room because she doesn't have to vacuum around/over controller cords (although I've since switched to using the GC ports). Then that guy who made the toaster threads ran with that joke "Buy a Retron and make your wife happy!" like Retron was such a thing for normies then of course because it had anything to do with a wife it got turned into a cuck thing which is fine. Again, memes are just natural progressions of Anonymous forces.
>>
>>3430739
that shitty gtron adapter has lag issues
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>3431159
>The Club Nintendo Super Famicom controller for Wii is ~$45.
counterfeit is $15 supposedly not bad too
>>
>>3435727
I can tell those buttons are junk just from looking at that
>>
File: 20160818_173515.jpg (674KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160818_173515.jpg
674KB, 2048x1152px
Oh look what one of my wife's son's bull's who call me daddy brought in today.
>>
>>3435724
I beat Rondo with it
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.