[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saw this while getting gas this morning. Konami really is dead,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: IMAG1293~01~01.jpg (119KB, 800x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1293~01~01.jpg
119KB, 800x475px
Saw this while getting gas this morning.

Konami really is dead, aren't they? I didn't want to believe that they don't care about the fans who made them what they are today...
>>
I don't think there's anyone from the 80s and 90s Konami still at Konami. It's Konami in name only.
>>
>>3429081

I wish they'd just sell off the rights to their franchises, but that won't work because they want to make sweet gambling funds off of them Silent Hill and Metal Gear gamblin' machines. Can't wait for the inevitable rape your wallet Pyramid Head scratchoffs!
>>
>>3429074
The ceased to to make many console games. They exist like most old companies or defunct ones, to lisence old games or make pinball and stuff.
>>
>>3429081

This, from everything I've read Kojima was the last of the old guard to leave. It's just another standard phoneshit and pachislot developer now. Rare is in a similar situation but I think they at least have one or two originals and some newer staff that still like games.
>>
>>3429074
So rather then be happy that video games are finally being accepted into mainstream culture and gamers are being less stigmatized, you would rather just bitch and complain?

Also I don't know where the fuck you been for the past 6 years but its been common knowledge Konami has gone to shit. They even said they're going to a more mobile focus.
>>
>>3429138
>Konami has gone to shit. They even said they're going to a more mobile focus.
The "mobile focus" wouldn't even be a bad thing if developers (not limited to just Konami) didn't immediately start putting microtransaction bullshit in every hole instead of just bringing known IPs over to smartphones and making decent games with them. Same reason we have Pokemon GO and not a proper Pokemon game for phones, which would be awesome.
>>
>>3429279
I agree with you in that. Also I think their infrastructure had something to do with it. Supposedly its ran like some kind of family dynasty.
>>
Should I buy a bunch of these frogger scratch-offs and then sell them for mad dosh in a decade?
>>
>>3429279
Free games with micro-transactions are way more profitable/popular than good games that cost money.
>>
Konami is still putting out the best arcade rhythm games which holds a very thriving community with the eAmusement passes.
>>
>>3429465
Capcom will prob be next.

In japan the console market isnt doing so good.
>>
>>3429495
Only the portables are doing ok in Japan.

Probably most people are grown up now and gave up on video games.

But its one of the declining industry's around the world. Tv, arcade, etc. Most hobbies are becoming niche markets.

I expect the console war to end up with one machine in the future, smaller industries mostly are monopolies.
>>
>>3429391

Although it's still technically their music division Bemani seem to be associating themselves with Konami less and less, the Konami logo is nowhere to be seen in recent games compared to playing DDR ten years ago or whatever. Wouldn't surprise me if they split completely.
>>
>>3429465

Since 1889, they're doomed.
>>
If nothing else at least frogger doesn't look like this anymore
>>
>>3429081
>there will never be another good Goemon game again
>>
>>3429085
This. Konami needs to sell off their OPs to someone who is actually going to do something with them.
>>
>>3429528
>Wouldn't surprise me if they split completely.
It'd be surprising because, like you said, Bemani is a Konami division. And even if they could, why would they? Konami pretty much treats Bemani as their holy grail. People like to joke about Pachinko, but Konami is mostly rhythm games now. Their online Japanese page is mostly rhythm games (and some Yu-Gi-Oh), their Japanese twitter (which they use to update you on the latest info for their games) is like 90% rhythm games.
>>
>>3429074
Who gives a shit. This is /vr/ we have all the classics. Don't give two fucks what they're currently doing.
>>
>>3429074
>Konami really is dead, aren't they?
They died half way into the 7th generation. That's when they mostly started outsourcing their IP's to other developers:

Castlevania (Mercury Steam, M2)
Contra (Arc System Works, WayFoward, M2)
Metal Gear (Platinum Games)
Silent Hill (Vatra Games, Double Helix, Hijinx Studios, WayFoward)

Like, what the fuck happened to their actual developers? Did they all get merged with Kojima Productions? Konami and KCET/KCEJ (Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo/Japan) all made games for the Famicom all the way up to the DS, Wii and PSP, and then they suddenly disappear.
>>
>>3431798
Outsourcing is cheaper.

In this day and age there's only 12 big publishers while small team are from outsourced companies.
>>
This topic was kind of prophetic, considering the Metal Gear Zombies announcement. I mean, it was going to happen but man...
>>
>>3434051
Had to look this up. Fucking wow. Konami is literally raising metal gear from the dead and shambling its corpse around for money.
>>
>>3434549
Now Metal Gear Solid fans will feel the pain of Silent Hill fans. Konami could put the series to rest and leave it be, but instead they will just develop countless of shitty sequels that will hurt the series history. Much like what happened with Silent Hill. That series should've died after 4.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.