[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bought this to play retro shit, loving it. snes is perfect with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 3d.jpg (180KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3d.jpg
180KB, 1000x1000px
bought this to play retro shit, loving it. snes is perfect with the official nintendo emulator. psp go to hell
>>
also colored sufami buttons are godlike
>>
>>3427050
It's good.
I wish retroarch weren't the only good emulators. The Wii had beautiful emulator interfaces, the 3DS has a green and black mess.
>>
>>3427050
>snes is perfect with the official nintendo emulator
What's its accuracy? bsnes tier, snes9x tier, zsnes tier? Does it support 100% of the SFC/SNES library, including all custom chips, as later bsnes/higan does?
>>
>>3427086
Last I checked, no custom chips until an official VC release uses it.
>>
>>3427050
>a green and black mess.
Isn't that what ZSNES made people accustomed to with its DOS-style dialogs and whatnot?
>>
>>3427050
>buy new 3ds xl
>find out it's going to have hardware exclusive games
>I already own an eshop version of the only games I wanted

Fuck you Nintendo for not taking full advantage of the New 3DSs
>>
>>3427086
From what I could tell, it's about snes9x tier not exacatly snes9x though. Still, it's pretty good. Especially if you consider the specs of the device.
>>
>>3427050
>snes is perfect with the official nintendo emulator
How well does PSX stuff run?
>>
>>3428060
>Fuck you Nintendo for not taking full advantage of the New 3DSs
Meh the new DSi
Its a better system over all with added CPP. Some games take advantage like MH and Smash.
Plus better emulation. For someone getting a 3DSfor the first time its a no brainer.
>>
How do i hack these things?
>>
>>3428162
Read the guide in >>>/vg/hbg and you can start. Note however that you can't hack it (unless you know how to solder or have a friend with an already hacked one) if you are on 11.0.0-33.
>>
>>3428153

No seriously, fuck Nintendo for releasing these upgraded handhelds and not fully taking advantage of
them. The same week the DSi XL was released they also confirmed the 3DS and it was to release in about a year.
I was so pissed, not only was the DSi XL just a big DSi (mind you I only had the phat DS) but it was going to be fazed out
in a year... a year !
>>
>>3428164
Most companies do the same to squeeze every bit of life out of the current product and gain as much money they can. Not a new practice here. It's odd it triggers you so much. Just dont buy the product?

Just think of it as a finial good bye enjoy this product with extra features. Again nobody is forcing you to buy it.
>>
>>3428112
>OP says it's perfect
>it's not actually perfect
>>
>>3428259
DELETE THIS
>>
I bought some Famicom and SFC games on 3DS VC but I regret it. Resolution is not very good for scaling to the appropriate display AR. And anyway, if I'm going to play a console game, I may as well do it on a PC emulator with a proper controller (such as Buffalo ones for Famicom/SFC). GB/C VC is alright though, native resolution with frame, definitely better than emulating on PC or trying to find some dirty old Gameboy nowadays.
>>
>>3427050
>that game card location
>that stylus location
>that power button location
>those start/select button locations
What the fuck were they thinking? It was perfect before.
>>
>>3427050
Is there a way to install emulators on it while still having access to the Eshop and other normal features? I'm thinking of getting one but already like the 3ds and would want to use it for that also.
>>
>>3428372
Putting any kind of CFW on it will still grant you eShop access.
But yes, you can have emulators on your unhacked one if the programmer compiled it into a 3dsx (or at least put a recipe in the Makefile to do so). But keep in mind that while you can run RetroArch, its installed version (a cia, which you'd need to put CFW to be able to install it) is superior thanks to kernel access.
For further infos take a look at >>3428163 (Part 1 of the guide would be sufficient for your needs)
>>
>>3428418
Cool thanks! Been waiting to upgrade from the PSP.
>>
>>3427050
T. Nintendo marketer
>>
>>3428187

Back then I was a kid. 250 was a lot for me to have spent on something that was going
to be obsolete in about a year. I'm older now but I hate having buyers remorse.
>>
File: image.jpg (468KB, 1430x2199px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
468KB, 1430x2199px
So from what I read on this thread SNES is good. How about NES GB/GBC and GBA? I'm thinking about picking one up just so that I can have a portable Nintendo emulator. I've been using a PSP and if this is Better then that it'll be worth it.
>>
>>3429213

N3ds (small) is my current portable machine, good for some FFV before bed.

One thing to keep in mind is that it really only looks "good" to me if I keep it at "pixel perfect" 8:7 mode. Like the PSP, the screen doesn't have enough resolution to stretch it out into 4:3 and still look good.

-NES = great. basically 99%. Lagrange Point (extra sound chip) runs slow.

-Genesis = great, basically 100%

-SNES = great, basically 95%. Special chip games run, but slowly. Everything else is great

-GB/GBC = small image, pretty good. had some sound issues last time I checked in (retroarch cores circa march). I like my DS Lite/DSi better for GB/GBC.

-GBA = I haven't tried it, because I have a GBA flashcart + 101. Apparently it's great, because it can run native, but requires some extra setup when CFWing to get it to work. Screen is on the small side though due to the resolution mismatch.

It's like a hundred times better than PSP, only thing I use the PSP for now is PS1 and occasional NES.

You should NOT buy used, get one brand new so it'll likely be on a low enough firmware. Get the n3ds, the old one can't do SNES well. Know that it's going to be a pain in the ass to get it set up, usual quote is about ~5 hours for your first time. Most of that is waiting for installs and reading documentation though, active time is only about an hour.
>>
>>3429251
Nice! Tyvm anon.
>>
Whats better retroarch or the native emulators?
>>
>>3429251
>GBA
I heard RTC just doesn't work. Couldn't get it to work with Boktai anyway.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.