[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, it's 2016 and I'm still waiting for translations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: Far_East_of_Eden_logo.png (13KB, 230x80px) Image search: [Google]
Far_East_of_Eden_logo.png
13KB, 230x80px
So, it's 2016 and I'm still waiting for translations. I bet fucking Segagaga will get translated before any Tengai Makyou game.
Should I just give up and play it in Japanese already?
>>
The fighting game that was released in the west as Kabuki Klash is pretty damn good.
>>
What do you lose from playing it in Japanese? You lose from playing translations.
>>
>>3423578
Play the Japanese one
>>
>>3423728
>>3426480
vr could host one of those japanese learning threads that occasionally appears on /a/. Given the low population of vr, it would fit better.
>>
File: 32424.gif (365KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
32424.gif
365KB, 500x275px
>tfw no translation for ZERO
>tfw no translation for Manjimaru
>tfw no translation for the PSP port of Apocalypse

I heard that some group is translating Ziria, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>3426520
Learning Japanese the retro way?

There's a classic NHK series from the 80s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hZ_jn9j0y8&list=PLD4C5B65A10143C15

For games there is Emit which is actually supposed to teach English to Japanese speakers but since you can freely switch between both languages for text and audio it also works the other way around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9-HwRDkDDo

And of course the Kanji quiz for the PS1.
Can you remember all your fish kanji?

Maybe throw in a vocabulary trainer for DOS.
>>
>>3426523
>Manjimaru
I'll never understand why this RPG of any does not have a translation.
>>
>>3423578
>So, it's 2016

WHAT
>>
>>3423578

learn Japanese you fucking mong. Fan translators do a shitload of work absolutely for free under immense pressure and do it for some of the most fickle "consumers" in the world. It's incredible that anyone would still be willing to do such a thing.

And if learning Japanese is too much, at least people could be proactive about getting games translated, for example by setting up a Kickstarter and finding people willing to do the work for pay. Its so goddamn easy to get organized these days.
>>
File: tengai4_55.jpg (28KB, 540x153px) Image search: [Google]
tengai4_55.jpg
28KB, 540x153px
>>3423578
The America one is hinted to be done and the translator said it was in editing on his blog, but he asked not to source it back to him until a formal announcement. I hope they meant the PSP port or we will all be dead before it's out.
>>
>>3426719

Someone in a very old thread said the DS port is the only one that can house all of the text in the animated scenes but that version has hundreds upon hundreds folders to look through and bullshit file formats.
>>
Which version is better, PCE-CD or 360?
>>
>>3427867

I should mention he made the post last month so it could be a while before anyone sees anything from it.
>>
>>3427887

If you don't know moon and want to get your feet wet, there are Tengai Makyou OVAs worth hunting down. 360 is very slow-paced for the wrong reasons like a low budget and loading. PCE feels slow because the world is big but it gets old before it gets charming. Don't skip it before playing Manjimaru or Kabuki's game because Ziria's characters show up in the latter.
>>
>>3427897
I do know moon though.
My main problem with the 360 would be that I don't have one and emulation is iffy for it.
>>
>>3427912

Oh if you know moon then just get the PSP collection. That with the 3 on PCE games ( very slightly censored, nothing to write home about) and the Kabuki Den fighter goes for the same price as the 360 port alone anyway.

If you don't want that, each of the PCE games goes for dirt cheap anyway and/or work wonderfully in Mednafen.
>>
>>3427912
You should play zero on the SNES first tho
>>
>>3428246
Can anybody second that?
My normal experience with prequels is that they best work in release order.
>>
>>3428859
Not him but, imo, ZERO is the most accessible RPG game of this series (If you don't count non-/vr/ titles as the PSP collection, PSP port of Apocalypse plus PS2 and DS remakes of Manjimaru) and a bit more comfy to play than the old ones.
>>
>>3428859
Other anon here. ZERO is accessable and welcoming to new players, but it isn't a proper prequel to the other series. If I remember correctly(insert grain of salt here), ZERO was only really made because the developers' kids were all playing their SNES more in lieu of Final Fantasy and they got sad their own kids weren't really playing their games.

Otherwise, if you want the proper adaptation of the Far East of Eden "story" by P.H. Chada, you would play Ziria, Manjimaru then Namida on PS2. Everything else is extra fun, including ZERO and Kabuki Den.

By accessable though and "aimed at kids", after minimal grinding the game is so easy it's absurd.

PSP Apocalypse IV I autobattled through after getting to the California arc and steamrolled it. Alaska is the funnest part because you are mostly alone and you are mostly going to die. I feel maybe the diffoculty was lightened from rhe Saturn Version.
>>
>>3429092
>>3428915
I'm not really concerned about accessibility since I've beaten over a dozen 80s RPGs but I'll give it a try.
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (494KB, 1196x1060px) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
494KB, 1196x1060px
>>3429181
Just play Zero first man, it's legitimately good
>>
>>3429632
Fuckin' A, we'd be best friends
>>
>>3429632
what is this, a 3x3 of great games i will never ever play?

(it hurts so bad)
>>
>>3430037
Linda is said to be mostly done. The translator is just too fucking lazy to work on it and wants to start new shit all the time instead.
It is the same dude who finished the Apocalypse translation in the meantime.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.