[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you guys get your screwdrivers from for opening up Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: gameboy cartridge screwdriver.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gameboy cartridge screwdriver.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Where do you guys get your screwdrivers from for opening up Nintendo 64, GameBoy, DS, GBA, 3DS, Wii U, SNES, etc. from?

What are some trusted sellers and brands? Preferably on eBay or anywhere that accepts PayPal.
>>
>>3422338
Amazon
>>
>>3422348
Any particular brand or seller?
>>
>>3422349
No. They're cheap as fuck. If one breaks, just buy another. That said, I bought a pair 4 or 5 years ago and I've had no problems with them.
>>
Search for them not as "gaming security bit" or whatever the fuck, but rather just by their stock identification numbers. In which case you want 22-1145 and 22-1150. That way you'll get like hardware stores selling them who won't try to gyp you via the retro gaming bubble.
>>
>>3422376
Uhhh...

https://www.retrobitgames.com/nes-repair-part-game-bit-3-8mm-part-22-1145
>>
>>3422389
For the most part, anyway.
>>
>>3422395
I found this on Play-Asia. Looks trust-worthy and cheap.

http://www.play-asia.com/gamebit-45mm-opening-screwdriver/13/70140
>>
>>3422397
Make sure you know what you are getting. The 4.5 mm bits are for opening up consoles. The 3.8 mm bits are for games.
>>
>>3423353
Yes, thanks.

What about the Triwing screwdriver?
>>
It's a screw driver bit , wtf would be untrustworthy about it?

eBay or AliExpress
>>
> trusted sellers

Its $1 part.
>>
>>3422338
Amazon
>>
>>3423525
This, I needed one of the special bits to take apart Gameboys and paid $.75, will be here sometime before the heat-death of the universe because china shipping but with items like that I just buy and forget so they show up randomly one day.
>>
>>3423613
You are such a fucking douche holy shit. They share the same hardware, fuck you.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>3422376
> Spelling gyp correctly...
>>
A buddy of mine told me he opened up his snes by taking a regular plastic fountain pen with a flat cap on the non-writing end, heating it with a lighter, pressing it into one of those security screws so that the pen molds to the screw head, letting it cool for a bit, and using it as a screwdriver once it's cooled down.
>>
>>3423613
Nice selective reading. Lynch yourself, you stupid nigger.
>>
mortoffgames.com
>>
Word of advice: get the screwdrivers, not the bits. Some consoles have deep-set screws and bit drivers are too wide to fit.
>>
>>3422338
You already mentioned eBay
>>
>>3423407
Some screw drivers are made of cheap metals and damage easily, hence the untrustworthy.
>>
>>3428941
I bought the first and cheapest ones I found straight from china(both gamebits and the tri-something that is used on some consoles/handhelds/carts) and they have lasted me years on moderate usage.
>>
>>3423380
I know Gameboys use them, but I'm not sure what else does.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.