[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a game you're proud to know everything about and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 25

File: bully-teen_180.jpg (6KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
bully-teen_180.jpg
6KB, 180x180px
What is a game you're proud to know everything about and can play flawlessly?
>>
Revenge of Shinobi and pretty much every classicvania.
>>
Star Fox 64.
>>
File: ecco_lqyqh0g3MR1qk26dzo1_500.gif (473KB, 500x310px) Image search: [Google]
ecco_lqyqh0g3MR1qk26dzo1_500.gif
473KB, 500x310px
>>3421592
Ecco the Dolphin and King of Fighters '98

Also Monster Hunter 1, but that's not retro.
>>
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
>>
Eh, i'm not very proud of this - this game is too easy - but I have everything from Banjo-Kazooie in my head. Jiggies, Treasure Trove Cove's cheats, notes, empty honeycombs, you name it.
>>
>>3421592
I can complete Castlevania 1CC
>>
>>3421592
That used to be Conker's Bad Fur Day. These days I can barely do the beehive run.
>>
Contra
Might & Magic VI
>>
>>3421592
At the moment, not much of anything. There are a few games I had more or less mastered at one time, but I'm out of practice with all of them.

I've 1CC'd several of the Metal Slug games, though, and cleared Super Ghouls n' Ghosts on expert difficulty without dying once.
>>
I found that 2D games were the easiest to master.

When things moved to 3D with the PlayStation and N64, everything felt 'looser'. From hit boxes to the collision detection, it just never felt as tight.
>>
File: bm-boss2.png (37KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
bm-boss2.png
37KB, 400x350px
>>3421592
Motherfucking Blaster Master. I always pause grenades on top of the bosses that glitch works on, though. Haven't been able to break that habit since childhood.
>>
>>3421592
Marble Madness
>>
File: tetris-attack-04.png (248KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tetris-attack-04.png
248KB, 640x480px
It's lonely at the top.
>>
I 1cc'd link to the past once, but I wouldn't say I know everything about it
>>
>>3422480
>1CC'd LttP

... Dude, what?
>>
literally none what kind of manchild would feel pride over playing a videogame
>>
>>3422486
I didn't die or save and quit
>>
>>3422502
There aren't credits in that

Also it's a kids game.
>>
Not retro, but the first 3 ratchet and clank games are pretty well implanted in my brain.
>>
I don't know about flawlessly, but I know where to get all the items and shit in Mega Man X and can 100% it in a couple of hours.
>>
>>3421891
>tfw I still have never even beat Death
>>
>>3422490
the kind who post on retro game boards
>>
>>3422581
A better question is what kind of insecure person with issues calls a person a manchild.
>>
>>3421648
my nigga
>>
UFO Enemy Unknown. What I like about the game is even being really good at it it still manages to be fun.
>>
I used to know everything in Killer Instinct.

Now i don't even bother. If i can complete a game with just what's needed, that's enough.
>>
All of the OG pokemon games
>>
Ocarina of Time
>>
>>3422685
This unfortunately. It's not even fun anymore.
Also Rayman 2 The Great Escape
>>
Legend of Zelda. I feel like that simple-ass design evoked another land better than any other.
>>
>>3421892
If the n64 joystick is worn out, the beehive run is impossible
>>
Masturbation.
>>
Age of Empires
Final Fantasy IX
>>
Perfect Dark
Yoshi's Island
Super Mario World
Prince of Persia
>>
I can beat Sonic 2 without dying and collecting all the Chaos Emeralds.
>>
>>3422508

anon...

I don't know how to tell you this but,
all video games are kids games
>>
Megaman X, only thing I never figured out before internet was the hadouken.
>>
I can 1CC each course in Neo Turf Masters if you don't include Scotland. The 2D Megadrive Sonic games I can also do with emeralds.
>>
Mega Man X FTW
>>
Dino crisis 1 & 2
>>
LttP
MMX
FF6 & 7

Ask me literally anything.
>>
I used to be able to 100% LttP and Link's Awakening without dying entirely from memory. It's been about 10 years since I played either. Didn't see a point in continuing to play them after I'd mastered them.
>>
>>3425252
FF6 or 7?
>>
File: Toocool.png (361KB, 455x432px) Image search: [Google]
Toocool.png
361KB, 455x432px
I can 1CC Alien Soldier consistently.
>>
>>3421592
Final Fantasy 1, 4, 5 and 6
Sonic 2 (IOS for hidden palace zone)
and Sonic 3 (& knuckles)
I one time tried for fastest completion world record of Sonic 3, managed to beat it but my "footage" is beyond shoddy using a camcorder on an old CRT tv is awful kids and Guinness world records didn't accept it and i'm too lazy to try it again
been to lazy
>>
>>3421592
Darkwing Duck.
Yeah, I know, not impressive at all, but I like it alot.
>>
>>3425508
>>3425508
Both.
>>
>>3425714
think he means "what is..." over "which...?"
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
Crash bandicoot 2 is my most played game i think.

Also a version of tetris for the casio classpad didnt randomly generate the next tetronimo (was it the same on the gameboy?) so i memorised the best patterns that could be done for the first 30 minutes or so.
>>
>>3422313
I finally beat Very Hard Vs. mode with no deaths a couple weeks ago. Feels good.
>>
>>3426301
By most played im implying i can speed run it 100%
>>
Super Mario World. I know every fucking nook and cranny, every glitch and trick and strat. Feels good being a wizard.

Yoshi's Island ALMOST, though. I can 100% levels easily but Kamek's Revenge always fucks me.
>>
dedicated a lot of time to certain games but there was a point me and a few friends nailed mario kart 64, it got to the point once every few weeks one of us would beat the time trial record by milliseconds
>>
>>3422685
this. seriously i can have the spiritual stones all done and dusted in 2 hours.
>>
>>3421602
My nigga
>>
>>3421597

Dino City, honestly.
>>
The only two games that I actually destroy at are Madden '98 for PSX and Twisted Metal 2 for PSX. Need a new PSOne and I'll set the records for TM2, already have it for Madden '98.

Back when it was released I was in the top 25 for NFL 2k5 on Live and the top 15 for both Fever NFL games.
>>
>>3421592
Is Dark Souls retro yet?
>>
File: contra-usa.png (4KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
contra-usa.png
4KB, 256x240px
>>
File: eightiesnerd.jpg (56KB, 584x576px) Image search: [Google]
eightiesnerd.jpg
56KB, 584x576px
>>3421592
Your Mom
>>
>>3421592
>proud to know everything about
anon.... i think you might have autsim
>>
>>3426926
>>3427879
>>
Crash Bandicoot.

Fuck you, I know /vr/ hates Crash more than anything.
>>
Entire MOTHER series, not retro but Cave Story too.

I once beat MOTHER 3 in Japanese, didn't need a walkthrough once. Just waiting to meet that cute girl I can say this too and deeply impressive them, any day now.......
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZYOBck6WfI
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZU-jRvXO0g
>>
>>3427961
You can speedrun them or something? because jrpgs require 0 skills
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGh4zrBNyyk
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DqGwOjjXAk
>>
File: 1470521217856.jpg (124KB, 400x553px) Image search: [Google]
1470521217856.jpg
124KB, 400x553px
>>3428001
I just know a lot about them. Things like glitches, probabilities, how certain coding works, dialog, ponitless trivia.

As for your jrpg comment...well even I don't disagree. I like certain jrpgs but I quite agree with you, most are dull gameplay and storywise. Few games have any real usefullness, we just find ones we particularly like and study them.
>>
ZAMN
>>
>>3428004
I wasted my life on video games and I'm pretty happy about it.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (27KB, 357x411px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
27KB, 357x411px
Alex Kidd in Miracle Whip.
I knew every secret from money bags to the undisclosed continue code, then insist on finishing it using none of them.
>>
None really.
>>
File: t2.jpg (18KB, 256x252px) Image search: [Google]
t2.jpg
18KB, 256x252px
>>3421592

I can ironman ghost Thief 2 (No detections, no kills, no knockouts, no saves, on Expert difficulty)
>>
None. I am extremely well versed in the development of several games - Sonic 1, OOT, Pokemon GS, Pokemon RG - but I am either "average" at playing them or just suck. I can't even get past Marble Zone.
>>
File: sakevi-yokoyama.jpg (12KB, 481x359px) Image search: [Google]
sakevi-yokoyama.jpg
12KB, 481x359px
-Crash Bandicoot
-Super Punch Out
>>
Megaman classic
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10
and Megaman X
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and sadly 6 network
5 any version, protoman, colonel or the DS one but not necessarily the game but the inner workings, i could never figure out the Xbass and action replay/gameshark codes would either crash or not work, so i actually looked into coding specifically for these games just to be able to get it, learned a lot
>>
File: tetris.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tetris.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
I used to play Tetris game type B on level 9, 5 high every night. It was my way of getting to sleep, just zone out doing that until I cleared it and then go to sleep.
>>
>>3428459
Why not type A?
>>
File: tetris type b hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tetris type b hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>3428462
Because game B is a limited time thing, so it made it good for going to sleep to. Also level 9 with 5 high in junk is really intense and fun, gets you the biggest rocketship when you clear it as well.

Back when I was petering out in doing it because it was getting boring I'd not be satisfied if I got at least 1 tetris while doing it either.
>>
>>3421592
Fantasy Zone, it's an amazing game and I love it.
>>
File: kera.jpg (33KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
kera.jpg
33KB, 600x345px
>>3428440

g.i.s.m rules
>>
>>3428683
what loop do you reach
>>
File: Destroy.jpg (39KB, 468x346px) Image search: [Google]
Destroy.jpg
39KB, 468x346px
Thrasher skate and destroy.
Ghouls n ghosts.
>>
Used to be me with the n64 smash bros. Then I saw how tourneyfags were taking over & dictating the entire culture of my game, and I threw up my hands. Now I'm pretty shitty at it, being years out of practice.
>>
>>3428810
>Then I saw how tourneyfags were taking over & dictating the entire culture of my game

How so? I never payed a lot of attention to smash tourneys.
>>
>>3428818
https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Tourneyfag
>>
>>3428832
I'm not reading an ed article. If you can't be bothered to talk about what you mean just don't bother replying.
>>
>>3421592
Phantasy Star for the SMS.
I still have all the goddamn dungeons imprinted in my brain and get out of them fairly quickly
>>
>>3428867
If you can't bother to read the evidence which has been catalogued and presented to you in a condensed format then don't bother asking.
>>
>>3425487
Woah, that's pretty good.
I suck at LttP,
>>
>>3426814
This but DKR.
>>
>>3428001
Mother 1 is pretty brutal, but short if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>3422591
A redditor.
>>
>>3421891
That's impressive as shit.
>>
The first couple of DDR arcade mixes, I could probably AA every song in one go. beyond that, not sure. I can't even 1-ALL dodonpachi :(
>>
>>3429286
Are you that guy from Grandma's Boy?
>>
>>3421592
megaman zero 2
third strike
fire emblem
demon's souls
pokemon

probably the only games I've really mastered.
>>
Actually picross in general.
Also mine sweeper.
I'm one of those dudes who goes hardcore with ridiculously large game boards and hundreds of mines.
>>
proud's the wrong word, but i could play the spyro trilogy backwards and forwards, inside and out. i love it and play it annually.
>>
Driver 1 & 2 for Ps1.

I can beat the training stage in less than 20 seconds
>>
>>3424892
Same on Mega Man X. Also goes for the first 3 classic Mega Man games.
I can beat Mega Man 1 in less than half an hour.
>>
File: VcN1NRX.png (51KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
VcN1NRX.png
51KB, 320x240px
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
>>
>>3429686
What do you do when you reach that point in minesweeper when you're forced to guess?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (596KB, 1418x1388px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
596KB, 1418x1388px
i can 100% this game in a couple of hours with little effort
>>
At what point do you
>know everything about
a game?
Is it when you have developer commentary, insights, and secrets?
Know about every person involved in the making of the game and their other works?
Know and can exploit every bug in the game?
Etc.

The closest I've come to is SOTN. It's too generous with secrets: there's lotr references out the yin-yang, a secret elevator, a whole second castle some people won't find, a chair you can sit in to listen to a ghost confess her sins, a singing faerie, a rod that makes gradius shields(iirc), a secret soundtrack for PC, hidden words in a certain sword, the list goes on!

I've seen the hidden entrance to a saturn-only area, gone where you aren't supposed to go thanks to the heart refresh glitch, leveled all my familiars to 99 and alucard to 72, but do I know everything about it? Nope, and that's okay, I know more than I probably should, and am always excited to learn more.

Been having trouble with the scylla boss on my naked pacifist alucard run(no killing except bosses, fists only, no spells, pots, glitches, subweapons, or transformations, unless required, and also no relics), did you know you can stand just offscreen enough on that boss and throw daggers and it'll eventually keel over without a real fight?

>>3429793
f2
>>
Lufia II, to the point that I was able to do a blind ancient cave run with no monsters and only Maxim and Selan. I would seriously love to see someone do an updated romhack of the ancient cave with new monsters or spells or equipment or something, but until then I'll have to content myself with having run a 4-person tabletop campaign that was basically an ancient cave rip off.
>>
>>3429793
A lot of times you aren't actually at that point. You just think you are. You have to start thinking abstractly. Sorta like, "Okay, if it is under tile A, then that would mean these tiles above wouldn't be correct because there wouldn't be enough mines left over. So it has to be tile B because that is the only solution that lets the tiles above match up."

And sometimes you just flip a coin.
>>
>>3429937
>>
Not exactly sure if I really know everything about them, but here goes:

>Third Strike
>KoF 98
>Contra: Hard Corps
>Battletoads
>The first 3 Tony Hawk games
>Gunstar Heroes
>Earthworm Jim 1 and 2
>Shadowrun (Genesis)
>Comix Zone
>Rings of Power
>Crash Bandicoot 3
>Sonic 3&K
>Time Crisis 2 (I go everynow and then to a local arcade just to 1CC it)

Probably forgetting some games, but those came to mind just by looking around my room.
Working on getting Alien Soldier and Dynamite Headdy up there.
>>
>>3421592
Simpsons Hit and Run for the PS2 and Gamecube.

Criminally underrated racing / platformer that that I 100%'d twice.
>>
File: mine.png (345KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
mine.png
345KB, 615x409px
>>3429946
That's one of those situations where you have to play the odds.
I'd probably go with the 2 highlighted in my picture because you have an 80% chance of not selecting a mine.
>>
File: braun-strowman.jpg (21KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
braun-strowman.jpg
21KB, 600x400px
Streets of Rage 2.
Rayman 2.

Basically almost any game on the Dreamcast. All of my friends, and I mean all of them, moved at the beginning of one summer so I was left with my console, and with some of them, I got frame perfect because I just kept going through them over and over again. I got oddly good at reading any animations and predicting movements in game as a result, kind of caused me to get good at FPS and some fighting games as a result.
>>
Kirby's Dreamland, Dreamland 2, Adventure, and Kirby Super Star/Ultra
Super Mario Bros 1, 2(not japanese, jesus), 3, World, and NSMB DS
The Legendary Starfy

I know, easy games.
>>
>>3430007
>I know, easy games.
Same here. SMB 2 and 3, (but not 1 sadly, I just beat it for the first time last year), Super Glove Ball, Journey to Silius, Pinball Quest (both the regular tables and the RPG), Final Fantasy 6, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Final Fantasy Adventure, the original (NES) Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior.
>>
>>3429986
> Criminally underrated

How retarded can you get?
>>
>>3423193
>all video games are kids games
Since Nintendo, yes.
Most Atari games were pretty much for everyone.
>>
>>3431025
>Super Glove Ball

what
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.