[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /vr/'s thoughts on OpenXcom? Also, general X-Com

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Hidden Movement.png (91KB, 485x363px) Image search: [Google]
Hidden Movement.png
91KB, 485x363px
What are /vr/'s thoughts on OpenXcom? Also, general X-Com thread, because why the fuck not.
>>
What's the best settings/mods to use for a first playthrough? I'm afraid of fucking up the balance.
>>
>>3420673
What is it with kids wanting to mod a game on their first fucking playthrough of it?

It's pathetic. PLAY IT LIKE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE, FOR FUCK'S SAKE.
>>
>>3420673

xcom doesn't really need any mods. I guess you could get the mod that makes managing your troops inventory easier but it isn't that big of a deal.

The only must have fix isn't even really a fix, you just need the right settings for DOSBOX to make the game run right. I think you can find them on the steam forums.
>>
>>3420693

ah, here it is:

Change the following lines in your Dosbox .conf file
It should be located in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\XCom UFO Defense
Or something to that effect

fullscreen=false (*change to false unless you want to play in fullscreen*)
fullresolution= (*enter whatever your preferred resolution is*)
windowresolution= (*enter whatever your preferred resolution is*)
output=ddraw
cycles=auto limit 16000
blocksize=1024
prebuffer=10
>>
>>3419995

This fucking screenshot still triggers me.

God damn I love this game.
>>
>>3419995
I wanted some help shopping for a round 2 kit.
I've played maybe 50 hours, but I haven't finished a run yet. I get destroyed by paperwork. Does openXcom help with macromanaging bases, and flight groups?
>>
>>3420673
No psyonics. If you use psyonics against the enemy it becones very easy and boring.
If you dont use psyonics the alians will and so the game will become frustrating and very difficult
>>
>>3421295
LOS Psionics is a much better fix.
>>
>>3421191
>Does openXcom help with macromanaging bases,
Yeah you can have a pre-arranged base made to increase defense agains alien retaliation attacks
>>
>>3421296
Psionics is a game ruining feature for me
>>
What can I do to deal with terror missions? Like I start a new game and literally the first thing of consequence that happens is a terror mission with floaters and reapers and I haven't even researched laser weapons yet.
>>
File: doom marine.jpg (628KB, 800x1008px) Image search: [Google]
doom marine.jpg
628KB, 800x1008px
It's great mang. With widescreen resolution and game zoomed out 2x it looks fantastic. I always got claustrophobic from the tiny view area the original had. Definitely one of the greatest games of all time.

>those faceless world leaders breathing down your neck
>naming your squad all with crazy individual names and then getting attached to them like the pussy you are
>dat micromanagement
>ignoring civilians, blow everything up
>getting mind raped by ethereals
>mind raping ethereals in return
>protecting your base

And of course the eerie soundtrack. You know, that "dun dun dun dun dun" music while on nightly terror mission.
>>
I wish there was an option to just nuke the infected/invaded city. You would obviously lose that city and some points, but it would also ruin the plans of the aayyyyliens. If I can't have the city, no one can!
>>
i want open tftd to be done already
>>
>>3421738

Your early laser weapons aren't that great anyway.

Use rockets, grenades, and rifles. Floaters and Reapers are WAY easier than Sectoids and their cyberdisks.

And you fight the way you normally do, use cover, smoke, try to avoid fighting at night, line up shots and take them. Don't worry about keeping the civilians alive, they're not likely to do so, and it's more important to save your own people.
>>
>>3421162
this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.