[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is every Ocarina of Time 2D fan game a piece of shit with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
Why is every Ocarina of Time 2D fan game a piece of shit with ugly repurposed sprites made by a faggot?
>>
>>3417201
There's more than one?
>>
Because that's about 90% of the Zelda fanbase.
>>
>>3417201
Because it's the easiest way to do it: take someone else's work and edit it minimally to suit your needs, that way you can focus exclusively on your shit coding.

That is actually exactly how AM2R did it.

>>3417204
There have been a couple of separate attempts over the years.
>>
What do you expect from the same retards who try to make Ocarina of Time in 2D? When they aren't faking their deaths, they're programming a shit 2D adaptation of the game that introduced 3D to the franchise.
>>
Why would you even attempt to make Ocarina of Time in 2D? The whole point of that game was to bring Zelda in 3D and have it do things a 2D overhead game couldn't like verticality and the targeting combat system.
>>
>>3417262
Because 2D Zelda is better than 3D Zelda, of course.
>>
>>3417272
Then play A Link to the Past.
>>
>>3417262
Did you list the targetting comb at as a pro, and something 2D can't do?

what the actual fuck?
2D can use it, they just don't because it's boring, and is only used in 3D to counter the obstacle of understanding the range of your swords and the depth of how far away your enemy is due to a 3D camera point of view
>>
I don't see why a fan of OoT would shit on the idea of it being in 2D. You don't have to play it all the way through.
>>
>>3417201
There was a OOT2D project that was styled like the GBC zelda games.

I like how it handled the deku stick: it worked like the sword, but you can hold it like you're holding a charge. Then you can light it.

I found a video, but it doesn't demonstrate that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LylWu4z1sw
>>
File: best_hair.png (185KB, 462x700px) Image search: [Google]
best_hair.png
185KB, 462x700px
>>3417201
I don't even get why anyone would like to want that.
A original hack, a prequel, sequel to OoT, whatever would be a lesser waste of time.

Autistically clinging to every detail and downgrading it to 2D seems kind of backwards.
>>
>>3417509
Please, post more Zelda fan art from your tumblr folder. Faggot.
>>
Did that 3d link's awakening fan game ever get released/c&d'd?
>>
>why do fan games look like fan games
I'm done. I pray for a crazy fucking deadly virus that targets every single person under 30 years old and kills them all. Wipe this fucking earth clean of this retarded, unintelligent, entitled, brainwashed, garbage generation so we can try again.
>>
>>3417201
well it stands to reason that someone with real ability would simply make their own games instead of making use of someone else's intellectual property
>>
>>3419339

Found the Wizard.
>>
>>3417201
because gamedeving is hard and thus most people aren't good at it
>>
File: a.jpg (121KB, 2032x820px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
121KB, 2032x820px
>>3419339
>>
>>3419351
Nah I don't think it has anything to do with real ability. At times some people justs wants to do exactly that regardless of skill or original ideas.

Also the fanart situation comes into play, original works have far less audience unless fucking exceptional.
>>
File: 135px-445-SonicTotem.jpg (16KB, 135x180px) Image search: [Google]
135px-445-SonicTotem.jpg
16KB, 135x180px
>>3417509

>tumblr

I didn't read anything you wrote nor do I care to, I just want you to know you are a faggot
>>
>>3419339
Amen brother.
>>
If the point is to remake one game in the visual style of the other game, of course it is going to look like the other game... That's kinda the point.
>>
>>3422317
As for the "made by a faggot" part, I've never really followed drama surrounding fan games, but I'd imagine that a lot of people who put effort into something that they plan to release for free are doing it to get praise from strangers on the internet. People who put effort into artistic things for internet attention are probably a bit more prone to having and expressing social/emotional/dependency/esteem issues than your average internet poster, especially when they have a dedicated channel to do so.
>>
>>3417201
Because pieces of shit get remade by their faggot fans with other people's sprites.
>>
>>3417201
Why would they want to ruin a classic game like OoT with a terrible game like LTTP?
>>
>>3417201
Someone's a bitter sack of shit.

If you ever plan on interacting with real human beings remember to take that chip off your shoulder and try not to shit yourself in unchecked discontent.
>>
>>3422317
A 2D version of OOT doesn't HAVE to use A:TTP sprites, the two games look nothing alike as they are, yet all fan projects use ALTTP sprites mainly when making their games. Why is this?
>>
Why the fuck do people make romhacks anyways?
>>
>>3417201
I'm still waiting for Demo 4.
>>
>>3417201
Because its a fan game?
>>
>>3417201
>Why is every Ocarina of Time 2D fan game a piece of shit with ugly repurposed sprites made by a faggot?

>Why is every Ocarina of Time 2D fan game made by a faggot?

>every Ocarina of Time 2D fan is a faggot

Your answer was right in your question, anon. Pretty simple really.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.