[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey friends, So I didn't really know how to start this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: Itwillbeokay.jpg (204KB, 386x475px) Image search: [Google]
Itwillbeokay.jpg
204KB, 386x475px
Hey friends,

So I didn't really know how to start this thread; all I could come up with was a simple statement & question. I've been kinda bummed about life in general for the past six or seven years or so... and instead of getting the willpower to finish games or read books, I've kinda just finished in the middle. My sole literature for the past 24 months has been nothing but strategy guides. Ogre battle 64 to Dark Cloud to Dark Forces II. I can't stomach games for more than an hour at this point and I don't usually read a book past the first 100 pages. But strategy guides consume me. I love getting copies with notes, with ear marks and tear-outs... Idk. It just feels like I'm there with someone, enjoying a memory long passed. Do you guys have any good strategy guides you remember hanging onto as a kid?
>>
>>3416382
WAT

take up I Am Legend, the book, its nothing like any of the 3 movies, and its a short 100 page read that will glue to the book past the first chapters.

as for not being able to play games and just reading game related stuff, that both a symptom of visiting 4chan, and also of your age and stagnation in life, nothing feels good anymore because you know you're being left behind while your highschool friends are all parents now and you're still a college dropout.

to lose yourself best to get into multiplpayer matches, cs16, day of defeat classical might be too dull for you if DF2 didnt do it, but you'll probably be ok with RTS's, SC broodwars at Game Ranger and AoE the conquerors at Voobly.

Just dont end up playing Ultima Online, you'll find yourself thinking about house decor and waking up in the middle of the night to check IDOCs, ITS NOT WORTH IT!!!!

as for your RL predicament

get a daily sense of accomplishment, every day.
if you know another language already, do translations works for game hacks, or even for freesoftware, i think theres a GNU centralization of softwares looking for translators.

if you have any skill that can be sold remotelly and in small bits, get some easy small freelance works just to fill your weeks or months with a medium term accomplishment.
>>
>>3417648
>get a daily sense of accomplishment, every day.
and if you didnt accomplish nothing today, get your but out the door and do a 2Km walk, i say 2km because its a 30min only even if youre ultra obese, but if you're not you will make 4km without noticing it by the time youre back home.

its not doctors bulshit, it does clear the mind, you'll only notice after 2 weeks of at least leap day walks.
>>
File: 8735068.jpg (32KB, 318x411px) Image search: [Google]
8735068.jpg
32KB, 318x411px
same here, can't get myself to finish games anymore. I mainly play dm with bots now. games like quake1 with frogbots, and ut99. I even got rbots working in darkforces2. While i frag the bots i start thinking of the good old days when i still had friends, and then contemplate on what to do with my shitty life. its pretty sad, but what can you really do our generation is fucked.

pic related is the strategy book i used to death when i was a kid
>>
>>3417652
On this note I'd say get a FitBit or whatever and set progressively higher step goals every couple days. I've found that, and Pokemans Go have been fun distractions to motivate me to move more. As dumb as it sounds it might work for you. In any case, getting more exercise is the best cure for feeling down.

As for books, check out "A Feast Unknown." It's an easy but fun read IMO - if you've got the stomach for all the sex and graphic violence it you'll love it, I guarantee.
>>
File: GUIDE_METAL_GEAR_SOLID_VB.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
GUIDE_METAL_GEAR_SOLID_VB.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
The Versus Guides are really, really entertaining and informative. I still have all of them! Their Metal Gear Solid guide includes TONS of stuff. Full character bios, interviews with young Koji, and an insanley interesting article at the end about the (at the time, 1998) real world technology that inspired the game.

They also made the only good FF7 guide. That's why it goes for a hundred on ebay, while the shit ass Brady Guide goes for next to nothing.

Some other good, fun guides are: More or less any of the Nintendo Power strategy guides, Alone in the Dark ( classic version, pc), the Fallout Guides ("One girls adventure through the Apocalypse" was a fun read). Arcanum guide was fun too.

>>3417648
I am legend is fucking amazing. I'm still waiting on a legit take on the material (Omega Man is fucking RAD though, holy shit).

I'd suggest Starship Troopers then The Forever War, back to back, in that order. Do it faggot. DO IT.
>>
>>3416382

Starcraft 1 strategy guide

I bought the guide at a garage sale for something like a dollar before I even got the game. Still have the same one to this day. I recently bought the brood war strategy guide and the mapmaking guide just to complete my collection.

The other strategy guide I loved as a kid was the Ocarina of Time strategy guide. Unfortunately I lost that one somewhere along the way. I'll eventually buy another but damn are they expensive.

I think I understand what you see in these guides... Sometimes it is more fun for me to reread the guide than it is to replay the game. When I play some of my childhood games I can't help but play from the perspective of an adult, even if the game is still good by my current standards something just isn't same, but when I read the guides or the manuals it instantly takes me back to those boring, hot, summer days.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.