[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We lie about our gaming accomplishments. I beat Legacy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

File: lw09.png (5KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
lw09.png
5KB, 512x448px
ITT: We lie about our gaming accomplishments.

I beat Legacy of the Wizard without the use of a guide or any other outside help.
>>
>>3414795
I found all the Mario games interesting enough that I played through them.
>>
I have beaten a retro game in the past 3 years. ;_;
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
I did this all without trading or glitching.
>>
I beat Super Punch Out and I didn't even need to save state between fights like a little bitch!
>>
>>3414901
I beat that with a Super Scope.
Didn't even use a controller like a bitch.
>>
I beat the final boss of Wanderers From Ys III on the first assault
>>
I beat final fantasy 7 in 16 hours.
>>
I have completed SMB3

I should probably just leave this board
>>
>>3414896
>without trading
Wat?
>>
>>3414937
Some pokemon cannot be evolved without trading them, hence without trading you cannot complete the dex.
>>
>>3414940
Right, so how did he complete the dex without trading?
>>
>>3414936
World 8 is bullshit, fuck auto-scrolling
>>
>>3414941
>itt-we-lie

jesus fuck vr at least read a little
>>
>>3414940
Did they have that in the original blue and red?
>>
>>3414946
Yep. The whole 'make your friends buy a different colour copy' gimmick was the big selling point from day one.
>>
>>3414795
that looks exactly like charizard
>>
>>3414795

I beat Kurosawa 2 after only 20 repetitions and without looking at a guide.
>>
>>3414896
what's the point? does it feel good to cheat? do you get an achievement? do you brag to your friends? to your mum? i don't get it. worst I'll do is pirate an extra copy to trade with.
>>
>>3415091
>what's the point?
To see if I could
>does it feel good to cheat?
Didn't cheat. Did it legit.
>do you get an achievement?
Yes. It's proudly displayed in my Steam Showcase.
>do you brag to your friends?
Not really.
>to your mum?
Fuck yeah.
>>
I got the spiritual armor sword and tunic in Zelda in a special area. I could only enter it once though and my game didnt save the gear. I think my cart is special. I cant start a new game and do it again either, becuase its once per cart. It wont work on yours even if it's the same version
>>
I quit playing video games and the quality of my life has vastly improved.
>>
>>3415079

Da fuck is kurosawa 2?
>>
>>3415104
I call bullshit.
>>
>>3415104
>Didn't cheat. Did it legit.
lol not him but you're not still seriously trying to convince us you've done things that are impossible without hacking? Getting all pokes on one cart without trading isn't possible unless you cheat.
>>
I beat Metal Gear
>>
>>3415172
I guess you never found Red/Blue Peninsula, where you can catch cross-cart pokemons?
>>
>>3415239
That's some seriously weak ass bait.
>>
I completed Resident Evil 2, 3 and Zero.

No honestly, I did. On mountain climbing difficulty.
>>
I found my way to the Golden Gun in goldeneyes Egyptian level without consulting the Internet >_>
>>
>>3414795

I beat Wizardry 4 on my first try.
>>
I have played a Zelda game
>>
>>3414795 (OP)
>Legacy of the Wizard

That game is seriously the most unfair shit I have ever seen. It is seriously impossible to beat without a guide. I bet a developer wrote one and people only started beating the game once he released it.

"Oh you want to beat this game? You just have to randomly pick the right character out of four, impossibly buy the right items for that character, mind-bogglingly find your way through a directionless maze, and bat-shit-insanely know all hidden pathways so you can progress while also nailing all of the former criteria. Enjoy"
>>
File: 1434567895.jpg (623KB, 3268x2012px) Image search: [Google]
1434567895.jpg
623KB, 3268x2012px
>>3414795
I've been playing video games since I was a kid and when I was like 17 I played through all of Halo on legendary without knowing I could charge those little blasters to break the shields of the stronger aliens. I killed them all with a combination of hand to hand and grenades. I was really embarrassed when I found out.
>>
>>3414795
I used two power gloves to beat both Contra and Life Force on two-player mode. I then developed my own power boot accessories so I could play through both games simultaneously while controlling two characters in each.

>>3415294
Off the topic of lying about things, I actually did get through Legacy of the Wizard without outside help.

It's not as tough as it first appears. There are some subtle clues that point out where the breakable walls are, and you usually can't get very far into a section of the dungeon if you aren't playing as the character intended for it.

The biggest stumbling blocks I had were figuring out what all you can do with the glove, determining what to do with the crowns, and actually defeating the last two crown bosses.

The shield is absurdly well hidden and I never found it. Without it, archwinger and rockgaea are really tough to take down. Archwinger shits out a ton of fast projectiles, and rockgaea deals a completely ridiculous amount of damage per hit and can kill you in two seconds if you make a mistake. I ended up restarting the game once just because I wanted to face those two bosses with different characters.
>>
>>3415239

Let me guess, your uncle works at Nintendo and told you that?
>>
I hanged myself after playing Majoras Mask
>>
>>3415394
How long did it take you from your first attempt to when you finally beat it? And did you draw your own map? If it isn't too crazy I would probably try it out myself.
>>
I was able to get past Frank horrigan in fallout 2
>>
ITT: retards didn't, or couldn't, read the first post of the thread.
>>
i got all 70 gems in Aladdin

anddddd spent all taht time freeing every mouse in los gatos bandidos
>>
Beat Maximum Carnage without any secret rooms
>>
I beat Abadox without save scumming
>>
>>3415167
>calling bullshit in a lying thread.
>>
>>3415398
>>3415250
>>3415167
Read the thread title
>>
>>3416161
Wait, that game has secret rooms?
>>
>>3414942
7 was more bullshit.
Fucking pipes. Those fucking little chompy fuckers in the little pipes.
Fucking pipes. PIPES!
Fucking world 7.
Fun of world 4 long gone. Nothing but pipes. Fucking pipes everywhere. Just pipes. Mario has no grass. So it's just pipes.
>>
I beat Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest without a guide.
>>
>>3416259
I made it to the end and failed.
Without a guide. Not even fooling. Fuck OPs guidelines.
Just like I legit got all 150 pokemons.
Shit's not hard when you have nothing better to do but grind your ass through these things.
>>
File: meyna_2.jpg (15KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
meyna_2.jpg
15KB, 256x224px
>>3416026
>How long did it take you from your first attempt to when you finally beat it?

I put a lot of time into it as a kid and figured out how to reach all of the crowns, but I sucked too much at games then to defeat archwinger and rockgaea (it doesn't help that I vastly over-rated Pochi's abilities and insisted on using him to take on one of those two.)

I revisited the game as an adult and still remembered roughly how to progress through the dungeon, but it took me a little while to figure out how to get the dragonslayer.

So, the literal answer to your question is ~20 years, but I really can't estimate an actual play-time. I ran through it fairly quickly when I played it as an adult, but I already had a good idea of what I was doing from my past experience.

>And did you draw your own map?

I never felt the need for a map, as the various areas of the dungeon tend to be pretty distinct from each other.

Navigating through the game is certainly difficult, but I think it's a fair challenge. The items you actually need to progress are in areas that are hard to reach due to puzzles, platforming, and resource management rather than obscure bullshit.

If you do decide to give it a try, I will note that the manual has some important information in it and reading through it first isn't a bad idea.
>>
>>3414940
you can catch any pokemon without a gameshark with glitches actually. You can get the other fossil pokemon you can catch any birds you missed out on and the pokemon exclusive to the other versions.
>>
The Sword of Kings in EarthBound?

Got it in 5 minutes.
>>
>>3416482
I got fed up and hacked mine after maybe an hour or two of failing. Looked in my bag after beating the boss and there was another one gotten legitimately that I didn't know about.
>>
I figured out the code to be a superhero in Comix Zone.
>>
>>3416482

I actually did last time I played it.
>>
>>3416220
Really randomness too. I found my ass stumbling on them.
>>
I totally beat Rat Race in Battletoads without save states or cheating. Totally. Also, I just breezed through the fucking under water level.

Seriously, the later levels of Battletoads (not level 2) are nearly beyond rom hack tier difficulty. If you don't get your shit kicked in, you must be a god. And, yes, I will git gud.
>>
>>3416547
I can handle Battletoads fairly well until I reach Terra Tubes, at which point I start dying every ten seconds or so. I reached The Revolution once, but I got slaughtered before I figured out how to deal with its gimmicks.

I'll probably make another serious attempt at clearing the game someday.
>>
I once brought a female friend over to my apartment. Upon seeing my extensive retro game collection her interest was immediately piqued. We fell into a long discussion about video games - what our favorite games were; fond childhood gaming memories, etc. This led to a passionate night of lovemaking. I'll spare you most of the graphic details but she started calling me "Pac-Man" and asked me to "nibble her dot."

And then this woman became my wife.
>>
>>3415160

It's a wing commander mission, designed to be impossible. (Most of the games in the series have one, non-critical mission where they set the bar absurdly high) If you're not familiar with the series, it's a space fighter combat game, a la X Wing, except set in its own universe.

The mission itself

>Your forces captured an enemy capital ship, but it has since been intercepted.
>Go there and save your friends
>When you get there, the captured ship is under attack by 4 Gratha, the enemy heavy fighters
>If you sit around and do nothing, they'll usually destroy it in about 8-9 seconds.
>It'll take 3-4 seconds just to get within firing range
>You've got one wingman, and he can distract 1 enemy, but don't rely on him for too much more
>So in about 5-6 seconds, you need to destroy 2 Gratha, and they're armored well.

It's almost impossible.
>>
>>3416732
This reminds me of all the times a woman was totally fine with me playing video games. I just bring em over to my place, and if I happen to play some old game, they aren't weirded out at all. They just accept that I sometimes like to enjoy myself, without doing things to advance my career, make money or otherwise impress them.
>>
I beat Super Metroid with no e-tanks
>>
>>3416228
It's the least enjoyable world in the whole game for sure.
>>
>>3414795
I beat Contra on the NES without using the Konami code.
>>
>>3414915
I beat that game using an old Atari 2600 controller.
>>
I beat King's Quest III on my first try with no help
>>
>>3414801
Back to Australia
>>
>>3416547
Fortunately the underwater level has an easily reachable 1up in a critical area that makes it much easier to get through since you can keep collecting it every time you die until you can make it through.

The Revolution is a pain in the ass though, especially if you lose your weapon or arent ready for it.
>>
My dad works for nintendo
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.