[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is tedious and boring. I'm at the part where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (230KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230KB, 900x900px
This game is tedious and boring. I'm at the part where you get the airship.
>>
>>3414371
Welcome to literally every JRPG. They're all this bad.
>>
>tedious
youre not using only berserkers, are you?
>>
>>3414375
Please tell me FFVI is the only exception... I'm playing the FF games in chronological order.

>>3414379
2 ninjas, 1 black Mage, 1 white mage
>>
>>3414386
what makes it tedious for you? have you been switching jobs and using prior abilities?
>>
>>3414397
Grinding is retarded. And yes, I've been trying out different jobs and unlocking new abilities, but the story is so bland. Honestly the only reason why I'm playing this is because I'm rushing to play VI.
>>
>>3414410
snes or gba version?
>>
>>3414410
yeah the story is kinda goofy. i had fun experimenting with the jobs and abilities. i dont know. maybe explore item uses. throwing rods is dumb but help a lot. stuff like that.
>>
>>3414434
>>3414415
gba
>>
>>3414371
K
>>
>>3414410
You don't have to grind, stop being retarded.
>>
FFV main focus is just playing around with the class system. It's story is kind of bland/dumb at times. Gilgamesh is really the only thing worth noting personally.

What did you think of 1-4 and what version did you play?
>>
You don't have to play it if you don't want to, if you're not enjoying it you can just play something else
>>
>>3414632
I - Fun
II - Fun, but the combat sucked shit
III - Way too much grinding, shit story, worst FF game of all time
IV - meh

i played the psp version for all of them, V for GBA
>>
>>3414375
This is why I could never get into any jrpgs besides battle hunter and the ys games. Most of them are slow and boring as fuck, and the story isn't enough to engross me in the game
>>
>>3414386
>I'm playing the FF games in chronological order.

Why? You're clearly not enjoying them. They're not going to change in any significant way either, so you're really just signing yourself up for another couple hundred hours of tedium.

Not everyone likes the same kinds of games, man. Just play what you like.
>>
>>3415486
>II - Fun, but the combat sucked shit

I sure hope you weren't playing the PSP version of II and then still thinking you should attack your own party members so you turn the game into a mindless slog and then bitch about it.
>>
>>3415503
What should I play, then? I heard VI and VII were really fun, though....
>>
>>3415543
There's no ongoing story for Final Fantasy so just try VI and VII and see if you like them.
Trying to play them chronologically will probably just make you sick of the series before you even get to the good ones.
>>
>>3414375
Better than some Crpg shit with dirt aesthetics and crap combat.
>>
>>3414410
Don't grind, there's a much better spot to level up jobs later in the game in a castle basement. The game's not that hard, chill.
>>
>>3414371
I would, and do, gripe more about the fact that there's an asteroid that smashes into your planet, with a portal to another planet.
Stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen.
I'll forgive the fucking great whale airship in IV over this shit any day.
Stupid game. Job system is the only redeeming quality, and even that is meh.
>>
>its another "jrpgs are shit" episode

Yawn. Get some taste.
>>
>>3415543
Maybe give them a try, but keep in mind that the people who say that also probably enjoyed the other games as well. Probably you won't like VI or VII much more than the ones you've been playing already.
>>
>>3414386
Play with 4 berserkers
>>
>>3417180
Why...?
>>
>>3417182
Just kidding.
The fun thing about this game is customizating your own party while progressing in the game. So on your first playthrough the best is using as many different jobs as possible. This is the differential between ff5 and most jrpgs.
>>
>>3415486
> I - Fun

Then, what's the problem with V ?
>>
>>3417218
He played 1 on PSP which is so easy you just walk from one end of the game to the other. Also it was his first. He also said the combat in 2 sucked which leads me to think he gamed the system on that one too.
>>
>>3415543
VI was the only one I really enjoyed, I put at least 6 hours in each except 5 and 3 and anything past 10, but I only bother beating 4, 6 and 7. I beat 6 2 or 3 times though.
>>
File: ghghgh.jpg (9KB, 237x213px) Image search: [Google]
ghghgh.jpg
9KB, 237x213px
>>3415486
>IV - meh
>>
>>3414410
>Grinding is retarded.
Grinders are retarded. Stop grinding, problem solved.

Protip: your stats don't even go up in this game (or 6), you're literally only grinding for equipable abilities to use on other classes, you can't get any stronger by grinding. If you're not even changing classes then you're as strong now as you will be at the end of the game, character stat wise.
>>
>>3414375
>>3415502

This. JRPGs are all boring. They're fun only if you have the memory ability of a goldfish.
>>
File: you_seppuku.png (858KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
you_seppuku.png
858KB, 1024x576px
>>3414371
>>
>>3418415
What the fuck do JRPGs have to do with memory, you super hyper turbo nigger?
>>
>>3414410
I swear by Final Fantasy and actually agree with your unpopular opinion. The job system in this game is really great but the only reason I enjoyed it so much was because i played it with another person. The story is bland the world is kind of fun but the game really is pretty boring. I've only ever really enjoyed it when I was doing 2 player with someone else. Oh and here is a tip do you remember in the beginning of the game when you pass this castle and it has these super hard zombie dragons that you can't beat. Level up your beast tamer then go to the castle and use control to make the dragons kill themselves you should level up 2 or 3 times after every battle easily can get your guys to level 45 here and work on whatever jobs you want ( well minus who is the beast tamer that you need to do this trick) do the this trick and blow through the game.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.