[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wasn't sure whether to ask this here or /v/, but I figured

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: $_1.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
I wasn't sure whether to ask this here or /v/, but I figured it was more retro than not.
I've been debating picking up an everdrive md for my genesis, since the mega everdrive is just plain too expensive. I noticed the chink clones of the everdrive md are almost half the cost of one, so I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the chink everdrive clones. Do they last longer than a few writes, comparable compatibility, or are they absolute shit and I should just spend the extra money?
>>
Mine bricked itself pretty quick but it sounds like most people don't have any issues with theirs. In the end you get what you pay for I guess.
>>
>>3410403
So its the usual chink knockoff roulette? Fuck, I might just spend the extra 30$ for the lifetime warranty, then.
>>
As far as I know, the "Mega Everdrive" (~$140) is the only one that supports save states, so I'm probably going to get that one.

I like being able to play for 45 minutes and switch to a different game. My days of 3-4 hour long gaming sessions are mostly at an end.
>>
File: 1394539801130.jpg (15KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1394539801130.jpg
15KB, 300x225px
>inb4 that one guy who really doesn't like Krikzz
>>
>>3410425
>that one guy
>one guy
>>
>>3410425
>doesn't like Krikzz
I like him, but he should fix Everdrive N8.
>>
>>3410423
Yeah, the mega everdrive is the only one that can do save states, but I wasn't really worried about save state support. I have no idea what other useful features the mega everdrive has over the everdrive md, but it doesn't seem like double the price worth.
>>
What keywords should I use in Aliexpress to find these damn things? I can't find the $30-40 dollar ones anymore
>>
>>3410632
I think one of the names for the chink knockoffs is 'JACK DIY', I see that with the gameboy ones often, I've seen the everdrive MD as 'mega driver flash cartridge' a couple of times.
>>
>>3410432
what wrong with everdrive n8?
>>
>>3410832
I dunno about for him, but for me, the expansion sound sounds shitty on my famicom. Apparently it doesn't handle it properly or something.
>>
>>3410412
>>3410403
>>3410394
They're pretty good, all games work with it. Only problem I encountered is that saves either disappear -or never were there to begin with.
>>
>>3411036
Yikes, that sounds like it's be infuriating for the phantasy stars or other rpgs.
>>
>>3410832
http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=22&threadid=149921
>>
>>3411065
Yes, luckily there aren't many games that use saves like rpg's so as long as you aren't planing to do them...
>>
>>3411098
Sadly I was intending to, mysteriously vanishing saves seems really annoying.
>>
>>3411036
Chinese clones are based on older versions of everdrives, and on those you'll have to reset your console in order to save, or go to back to the menu, chose options and there's option for manually saving the save to file, then next time from same menu you can load that saved file, and when you boot up the game save is there.

Also the cheaper genesis everdrive doesn't support some of the save types or something, I haven't looked what games uses those(or played them) so I don't know how it exactly works.
>>
>>3411036
I've never heard this before are you trying to use it on a Firecore clone Megadrive? Because those things have serious problems with games that save.
>>
>>3411036
I wouldn't want to use it at all if there's even a small chance of saves disappearing.
>>
>>3411159
>>3412362
Well seeing what >>3411157 has said maybe that explains it.
>>
>>3412630
He said he doesn't know. Sounds like parroting to me but considering I'm close to buying one I'd like to read some more on the topic as PS4 was a game I was planning to play
>>
>>3410869
It's decent on some games, but FDS sound is fucking bad. Also, on my RF only original Famicom, the expansion audio is barely audible, but it's loud as shit on my AV Famicom; just weird little things like that. Not to mention that he's basically halted making any further development on it.
>>
>>3410632
>>3410778
The JACK DIY store is empty right now, but I emailed 'Jack' and he said he would hit me up on September 1st about it... Maybe updating stock? I picked up a clone EDN8 from that store a few months ago and it shipped with the newest firmware despite the listing saying it wouldn't, and it works like a champ too. I highly recommend the Chinese EverDrives; except I had to buy a legit one for my PC Engine sine that one hasn't been cloned yet.
>>
>>3412705
Have they been pretty durable? That's my main concern about them, if they crap out in a year or something.
>>
>>3412871
Its chinese clone, you buy them for cheap prices and not for the quality. So its either DOA or fails within year, or it lasts years. If you want durability then get the official one as it has actual warranty and you can get it fixed for free if its breaks.
>>
>>3410632

"NES game card"
"sega game card"
"snes game card"

You have to think like a chinaman when browsing aliexpress.
>>
>>3413004
Fair enough.
>>
Do you guys know if these clones can be upgraded?
>>
>>3413149
They can't, either physically with something like a DSP chip, or software-wise, which will often brick the cart.
>>
>>3411087
They really should update that list. Some of those problems have been fixed.
>>
>>3413270
What are the current problems? I have a Krikzz Mega Everdrive and I was hoping the other Everdrives would be of similar quality but i guess not.
>>
>>3414421
>I was hoping the other Everdrives would be of similar quality but i guess not.
They are, N64 everdrive is perfect(99% games supported, including 64DD games), and super everdrive is good too outside of not supporting special chips which is understandable. To me it seems like N8 has bunch of problems while the other everdrives are fine for most part.
>>
File: 20160529_221131857.jpg (891KB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20160529_221131857.jpg
891KB, 3024x4032px
>>3412871
I've only had my N8 a few months but it's been chugging along without issue. I imagine it will last at least a few years. It's higher quality than my garbage GBA SuperCard and that thing is way older and still works 'great'. The N8 is pretty pricey even for a clone (compared to SNES and MD EDs), but I took the chance to save like $70. For $30-50 I would absolutely go for SNES and MD clones from china, I'm actually planning to buy one for my Super Famicom pretty soon.
>>
>>3410425
I'm worried you refer to me because every time I try to make the point that he's just selling a product he has the corner on, and if chinks sell his work from 5 years ago at a much cheaper price I feel there's no moral conflict.

Every time I try to say this I get branded a krizk hating china fanatic.
>>
Aliexpress seems to have removed everdrives.
Anyone know where else to get them?
>>
>>3415805
Check your local ebay or local/closest resellers, they have a list of the latter in that official Everdrive website.
If going the ebay route, you might want to ask the seller if it's a Chinese clone because most often than not it's not specified.
>>
>>3410394
weird that it has been taken off of Aliexpress. probably legal stuff w/ krizz. You can get it on DHGate, search for EDMD
>>
>>3414421
MMC5 isn't better, can't play NSF(chiptunes) files, some expansion audio(famicom) errors, no NWC support. Pretty minor shit honestly. Once MMC5 is flawless, and maybe the expansion audio, then it will be on par with the others. I think all of this can be done through updates, so it'll probably get there.

>>3415320
Not that guy, but there is one person who claims anyone buying from him is an idiot since the knockoffs are "exactly the same". And another saying anyone buying from him is an idiot since it's "no different than old chinese cart copiers with an SD card slot". Another guy is angry they cost money. It can be hard to tell who he's referring to.
>>
>>3410394
New cost reduced everdrives with faster loading times are said to be coming later this month or September. I'd say wait and get quality.
>>
>>3415320
Krikzz's Army of Shills is truly something to behold.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.