[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did SA-GCCX die? why aren't other groups willing to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: total give up.png (170KB, 496x320px) Image search: [Google]
total give up.png
170KB, 496x320px
Did SA-GCCX die? why aren't other groups willing to sub new episodes?
>>
File: 1389162449293.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1389162449293.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
>>3408673

Don't know why you think it's dead; http://www.sa-gccx.com/

Their last update was like 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>3408683
Mansion of Hidden Souls was a month and a half ago.
>>
Hope that JP Nintendo channel episode gets subbed sometime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye52EuvJ21Q
>>
>>3408683
>>3408689
Also their list is more than an entire season behind.
>>
>>3408689

Well they aren't very fast but that's far from being dead. Translation takes forever. Same with the Team Gaki subs takes them weeks/months to get the new batsu games subbed each year.
>>
>>3408689

Also I thought it said July not June. my bad
>>
>>3408705
They always keep http://pastebin.com/u/GCCXGeneral up to date if you need to look something up.
>>
>>3408703
Maybe they'll wait until all the parts are out. It'll probably be several hours worth by the time Arino finishes.
>>
GIB UPPU DES~~~!
>>
>>3408673
I stopped tracking it shortly after the America special happened,but I though they had almost caught up at that point. How the hell did they fall that behind again?
>>
File: Arino1.jpg (47KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
Arino1.jpg
47KB, 640x423px
>>
>>3408673
Doesn't it always die in summer? I thought the main translator made her living as an illustrator, and it's convention season, isn't it?

Plus, she had the book for the show.
>>
>>3408673
>http://www.sa-gccx.com/
Will Game Center DX also be updated? The WW episode was very comfy.
inb4notretro
>>
I still don't see why these episodes are not allowed on Youtube. The vast majority of them are not available on DVD in the US so it's not like we could be buying them anyway.
>>
>>3410667
another game I never even heard of so I had to look it up

a somewhat depressing game for the ending, or at least somber
>>
>>3410337
They don't want Japanese to watch Arino for free online when they could buy a DVD set for 80 bucks.
>>
Vazolder was alright.
Right now wondering when the special will air.

Months? Weeks?
One hears rumors but nothing on the schedule.
Drumming fingers waiting.

Pretty boring
awaiting
the next one,
here it seems no
episodes until September.
Terrible.
I hope they fill the schedule with something.
Can't wait for Shikoku

Fuji makes YouTube videos illegal,
allowing them to reserve the rights to future DVD sets.
Good luck waiting for someone to
get on that.
Only time will
tell.
>>
>>3408718
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y985DmzVb6U
Finally the new Pokemon episode.
>>
>>3413165
Can't they just block Japanese IPs then? I know when I try to show Battlebot videos to people I k now in Europe it says that channel cannot be viewed on their end.
>>
>>3413165
DVD sets are like, 5600 yen, that's only a bit over fifty bucks
>>
>>3413165
Japanese DVD/BD are insane expensive. I always wonder how they still are able to sell that many.
>>
>>3415146
its the only option people will spend that much
>>
>>3413872
the next time they sub specials, it has to be these, it's making me nostalgia 20 years back when I was a adolescent playing this
>>
Is the answer to "Why hardcoded subs?" still "because"?
>>
File: gccxhd.jpg (60KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
gccxhd.jpg
60KB, 960x720px
Why is it so hard to translate stuff? I can translate french/other stuff in seconds. Do they need the actual original videos or what?
>>
>>3415146
Japanese media (especially animu) has become super niche. So the only way they can really turn a profit is to jack up the price for the small group willing to buy the product.
This unfortunately is a vicious circle. As the products get more niche, the fanbase for it shrinks. As the fanbase shrinks, the product get more niche to justify a higher cost on the remaining fans.
Eventually either the existing fans just fade away or die out. The industry will then either die or have to recreate themselves into something with actual mass appeal.
>>
>>3416203
I'm not really sure why either, but subbing/encoding arguments shit up the thread so consistently I try not to bring it up. It really is incredible how often a topic as innocent as GCCX gets derailed by paranoid bickering.
>>
>>3416360
Well, every time I do encounter a thread where some asks why, it's the "defenders" that get disturbingly butthurt over it and whine about disrespecting or something.
>>3416358
I remember some guy was using raws and adding the subtitles on top. Had they released some or did he OCR them or something ? I like keeping the files instead of just streaming and even by todays standards they look a bit bad, I can't even imagine how much worse it'll look when in 5 years I'll decide to re-watch some in my new monitor.

Another thing; is that GCDX good?
>>
>>3416560
You can get the subbed version that sa-gccx did on the first episode here:

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=download&tid=813743

It's more of a commercial for upcoming titles.
>>
>>3416560
>is that GCDX good?
No.
>>
Super Godzilla sub when?
hell, anything more recent season when? aren't we 2 seasons ahead now of nothing subbed?
>>
File: 1915_front.jpg (32KB, 337x469px) Image search: [Google]
1915_front.jpg
32KB, 337x469px
I want to see Arino play Blast Corps, I feel like it's the perfect kind of game for a challenge.
>>
>>3416560
>Another thing; is that GCDX good?

It's not bad, but would be cooler if they turned it into a proper spin-off that isn't limited to just promoting the newest Nintendo games.

>>3418324
>hell, anything more recent season when?

I bet that the recent Cho Aniki two-parter will be subbed before they finish Season 16.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.