[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for advice I got my hands on chipped playstation, works

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: fat.jpg (2MB, 4140x1900px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
2MB, 4140x1900px
Looking for advice
I got my hands on chipped playstation, works great and plays burned games I got with it.
I just cant figure out how to burn new cds so it will read them, followed some tutorials and destroyed like 15 cds to no avail.
>>
Buy good CDs and use good images. Those are usually the problem.
>>
try using different speeds and media, burn the image instead of copying the image file
>flashbacks to 1999
>>
>>3408583
>Buy good CDs
What should I look for in particular? What makes a good CD?
>>
>>3408574
Couldn't get mine to work with burned CDs either. Old pirated copies I still had worked fine, newly burned ones—like trash. Also, the stupidest fucking thing was that a supposedly cracked, german image of the game didn't have the stupid audio stutter on the modern discs, whereas every single copy of the english ones was completely non-functional at literally every speed I picked. You're best off just emulating the fucking thing. Most people use PS2s anyway. Using a PS1 at this point is a waste of time and energ, and the controllers for PS1 are shit anyway.
>>
>>3408583
I use cheap no brand gas station CDs and have no issues. Probably not good for the laser though.

I use Imgburn for the discs. Burning bin/cue files, selecting the cue file and burning at a low speed. It only works if there's one bin file, if there's more than one I have to merge them with CDmage and edit the cue file - otherwise it writes a bunch of gibberish to the disc, no idea why.

Do you have a single bin file with the games you've been burning?
>>
>>3408614
Different anon, but I'd like to know what qualifies as a "good" CD also, from what I thought I understood most companies just buy blank discs from one of three manufacturers then print their own logo/top and package for sale, so if Memorex and whoever else got their discs from the same place it wouldn't make a difference who's you used.

Related note, when burning games for my Dreamcast I noticed that the "cool colors" memorex discs seemed to burn 9/10 working copies, while the standard memorex ones in silver burned discs that read 1/10 times from a cold boot (though if the DC 'warms up' by playing discs for a while those odds jump to 7/10 for some reason)
>>
>>3408741
I usually stick with Verbatim or Sony CD-R's for my retro consoles that play CD's, specifically the PS1, PS2, Saturn and DC

These two brands are easily availble worldwide. I've seen people talking on forums for years swearing by "Taiyo Yuden" CD-R's and I've never come across them in my country (Australia) so they might be a meme.

But yeah, get a good branded cd. And try to get a decent rip of a game and it should be all there is too it.
>>
File: 44736.jpg (37KB, 463x345px) Image search: [Google]
44736.jpg
37KB, 463x345px
OP here, bought a bunch of Sony CDs, burned on slowest speed and it seems to work, got me some Spyro! Thanks for all suggestions.
>>
>>3408574
Which games, which cds, which software, which burner? A lot of variables to consider anon.
>>
>>3409764
Burning at minumum speed is something you did in the 90's to stop yourself running out of ram, nowadays it does more harm than good. You can always reburn them when you have to, but if you want them to last a decent amount of time time burning at minimum speed. Approximately half the CD's max speed is a good choice. Max is usually fine, they're designed for it after all.
>>
>>3411454
>if you want them to last a decent amount of time STOP burning at minimum speed.
Dyslexia strikes again.
>>
I think the "good CD" thing is a myth. The cheapest CD's we have now are FAR better than anything available in the 90s.

What are you using to burn the images OP? I use imgburn on my PS2 slim and it works great with bin/cue files and it works great. No settings, just pick burn speed.

I heard that Alcohol 120% was made for burning Playstation games so you could try that. It requires more configuration but perhaps that's what you need.

Good luck!
>>
>>3411528
Alcohol requires more configuration? Not really, since it has a profile for burning PSX games.
>>
Man, I wish there was a good way to load PlayStation one games on a PlayStation 2 with fmcb
The emulator has issues and I'm trying to have a "no optical media" set up for all my consoles.
GC is chipped, Wii is modded and covers most retro consoles, ps2 has the drive but good ps1 loader is my issue. Anyone got any tips?
>>
>>3411752
http://ps-io.com/features/
>>
>>3411528
Imgburn can't burn in RAW mode so you cant make 1:1 exact copies.
>>
use imgburn for most images, if it can't handle the image format of the game you want to burn, google another burning program that supports it.
try the lowest speed possible, i could get 10x to work but the quality was shit poor, if you have one of those dvd-writers that can only write from 10x +, you might want to consider buying an cd-writer from amazon/ebay/whatever the fuck, because they support writing discs at 2x speeds which are optimal for chipped playstations. just buy one on the internet, install it on your pc and you're all set.
>>
>>3412117
ah, i forgot to add that most of the time, any cd brand will do, really. usually, the cheapest and less durable ones are those that you point the front of the disc towards your room's lamp and you can see everything that's on the other side of it. but you need not to bother with that, just take care of your discs and they should last a lifetime.
>>
>>3411929
I appreciate the reply but I was looking for a solution on my playstation 2, PSIO is a little steep of a price for me, I'd also need to buy a scart cable and a scart to BNC adapter etc
>>
>>3408624
>Using a PS1 at this point is a waste of time and energ, and the controllers for PS1 are shit anyway.

In what way are PS1 dualshocks different from PS2 dualshocks?
>>
>>3408574

if you get your isos from emuparadise, you need a program to decompress the image first before burning
>>
>>3413668
It's irrelevant to ps1 games, but dualshock 2's have pressure sensitive buttons. As far as I can remember, metal gear solid 2 and 3 were the only games that really took advantage of this though
>>
>>3411528
>I think the "good CD" thing is a myth. The cheapest CD's we have now are FAR better than anything available in the 90s.

Are you sure? I know that floppies produced around 2000 when they were considered obselete were cheap chinese garbage as were the drives made then.

They were only made to last a few uses for when users flashed their BIOS.

Who still buys CD-Rs other than retro gamers?
New CD-Rs are likely chink rubbish.
>>
>>3413747
>metal gear solid 2 and 3 were the only games that really took advantage of this though
Mad maestro too, if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>>3414782
>>3413747

The grand theft autos and gran turismos used them for pressure sensitive brake and acceleration
>>
>>3413668
Ps1 dualshock are superior to ds2 imo. The controller feels more solidly constructed, the analogue sticks move with less resistance and the buttons don't have that mushy feel. I don't care for pressure sensitivity, which was just a gimmick anyway. I nottice my DS1 was made in Korea. My DS2s were made in China. I still have my original DS1 from 1998 in pristine working condition. I have been through 4 DS2s as they all develop problems like non responsive buttons and ghost movements on the analogue sticks.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.