[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well does this game hold up, compared to its sequels? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

How well does this game hold up, compared to its sequels?

I love New Leaf but I've never played the original.
>>
File: AC_Penny.png (70KB, 200x321px) Image search: [Google]
AC_Penny.png
70KB, 200x321px
It has the best music for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01rpPco3L8A
>>
>>3402462
As I understand the GC version is almost a direct port. I wish they had kept NES games being playable from in-game. That was awesome.
>>
It was great for the time but it's been made redundant several times over, it's only really worth going back to now for the music. The lack of scrolling in particular is a big headache.
>>
>>3402607

I liked the grid-based map. It reminds me of 2D Zeldas, especially with the shovel. If there was some sort of knife or machete to cut off grass the resemblance would be even more evident.
>>
I always wanted to play this game. I didn't know there was an English translation in the works.

N64 just continues to get better as the years go on.
>>
>>3402462
It's good but a lot less content compared to now. Basically all you have is the museum (fish, fossils, paintings, bugs), Nook's store, the post office, able sisters, the dump, and the police station for lost and found. There is an island if you connect a GBA, and some other features as well like visiting friend's towns on other memory cards. The music is best in the series. Overall a more relaxed version of Animal Crossing imo.

It's important to note that they added a ton of dialogue and content when they localized it for GameCube. I honestly wouldn't recommend playing the N64 version, just play the GC version.
>>
E+ > NGC > New Leaf > Animal Forest > City Folk > Wild World

The N64 version is worth playing for novelty but the Gamecube port is far superior.
>>
>>3402462
pretty well what with them being all the same shit
>>
Nintoddler's The Sims.
>>
>>3402473
holy shit that song.

And yeah, I enjoyed Animal Crossing a LOT on Gamecube. It's almost like a therapy of some sort. So peaceful and so enjoyable.
>>
>>3403305

>there will never be a translated version of E+ in your lifetime
>>
>>3402482
It's not a direct port. For one, the Able Sisters shop and the Museum are completely missing
>>
>>3402482

It has a TON of added features, furniture, clothing, and more
>>
>>3403521

I also thought that before playing the game, but it's nothing like The Sims.

I gotta agree with >>3402612, at least the first game reminded me of 2D Zelda due to the grid map, the shovel and the fishing.
Dialogues reminded me a bit to Mother games, and planting trees to get fruit reminded me of Harvest Moon I guess.

But in reality the game is like a jew simulator, gotta get the most luxurious items to sell to Nook and get filthy rich.
>>
>>3402473
Some synth artists were really ahead of their time when it came to a few music compositions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLqy8ygNIu4&list=PL5C6F7D55B988F62F&index=1

https://soundcloud.com/noisey/07-wicked-taoist
>>
NOT
RETRO
>>
>>3404956

N64 is retro, retard.
>>
File: Can't Vile With It.jpg (52KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
Can't Vile With It.jpg
52KB, 354x500px
>>3403585

STOP, PLEASE...
>>
>>3402693
There's no point, the gamecube version has everything the N64 version has and more. Nintendo of America added so much content to the gamecube "port" that Nintendo of Japan ended up localizing it for the Japanese market. They also went on to make an expanded version called Animal Forest e+ which is the definitive version of that game.
>>
>>3404956
Yeah it is, dumb ass.
>>
>>3405220
>>3405256
Animal Forrest had SNES games instead of NES. Only reason I ever tried it out.
>>
>>3402462
I have finally found the perfect time to ask this question.

I bought a Japanese Animal Crossing for my N64. I replaced the batteries.

Time bounced around for a few times before staying in the summer. Now time only moves forward when playing the game.

What happened and how can I fix it?
>>
>>3405260
How good are the SNES games emulated?
>>
>>3405290
>>3405260
You know what, after looking further into it I'm not finding anything backing this claim up. I remember the game itself running poorly, and never getting far enough into it to get anything due to lack of English.
>>
>>3405332
I should really just pick up a cart of it one day and get into it myself then.
>>
>>3403521
You sound pleasant
>>
>>3403521
The Sims is a poor man's Animal Crossing.
>>
>>3405394
For what it's worth the Gamecube version is probably better. The only differences are added items.
>>
File: 1359645567580.jpg (139KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1359645567580.jpg
139KB, 500x500px
>>3403054
there is no museum nor island in animal forest 64

everyone needs to stop talking about the gc version like its the same thing
http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/D%C5%8Dbutsu_no_Mori_%28game%29
>>
>>3405563
>No able sisters
That depresses me for some reason...
>>
GC is my favorite one. It's a mix of nostalgia and the game being just better in many aspects compared to New Leaf. The soundtrack is infinitely better, and while it lacks the quality of life improvements made throughout the series, it still has the best staples of the series: the town and villagers. The town is still the largest in the series, and the villagers' dialogue is much more interesting. It also has a (literally) magical feel to the game, with the fountain spirit and ghost you can encounter. It lends the game a more interesting atmosphere than the later ones.
>>
>>3407453
agreed

I still most want to see an Animal Crossing game which takes from the movie.
>>
>>3407453

I hate how Wild World removed asking the villagers for jobs. That took away 80% of the game.

E+ sounds like the best AC game but Animal Forest seems fun for how unusual it is. I wonder if it'll ever be on Japanese Virtual Console.

>>3406652

It's not like they did much
>>
>>3405260
This is not at all true
>>
>>3408114
Yep, learn to read. I already stated that my memory wasn't correct.
>>
>>3407462
There's an Animal Crosing movie?
>>
>>3409979
Yes, Japan only.
>>
>>3409979
>>3409985
Just googled it, can confirm. How the FUCK you make a movie out of this game is beyond me....
>>
>>3402482
>I wish they had kept NES games being playable from in-game.
Nintendo decided they wanted to charge money for those on virtual console.
>>
>>3402462
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>3412352
That's not nice.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.