[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think you could build a clone console that you'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: RetroUSBAVS.jpg (47KB, 698x289px) Image search: [Google]
RetroUSBAVS.jpg
47KB, 698x289px
Do you think you could build a clone console that you'd actually buy/use? What would it be?

I'd love a console that could play GB/GBC/GBA and could do 240p over Component/RGB, with support for NES and SNES controllers. Almost like a stand-alone Gameboy Player for the GC, but without having to get 3rd party controllers and $200 cables.
>>
I get where the hardware purists are coming when it comes to consoles, but I don't know why you'd bother to build a TV-hookup clone for handhelds when you can just emulate on a PC unless you have a wholly irrational obsession with legitimate physical media but not the rest of the hardware chain.
>>
>>3402149
I rather play the original games than the original hardware.
>>
Now that a new era of N64 emulation is only moments away, I could finally see myself doing a dedicated x86 machine with zero purpose other than:
>Upon boot, launch the emulation front-end (with my own GUI)
>Everything pre-configured, no gay ini shit or abrupt Windows updates anywhere
>Everything works
>Super simple form factor, maybe a cube of American walnut or Mahogany with a single led and a power button
>ROM catalog contains all versions of all known good dumps and informs me if hacks are available
>Catal updatable from my main machine through ethernet
>Upon closing, update cores

That's the only clone console I'd be satisfied with
>>
>>3402648
I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to say but I suspect it's something dumb. One should consider authenticity as something that flows backwards from the user beginning with authentic input/output i.e. controllers and display. Followed by the console itself and then, finally the actual software being the least important.

Getting drawn into the hype of collecting the games only to play them on clone hardware with shit controllers on poorly upscaled progressive scan displays is a dead give away that someone is a poser.
>>
>>3402742
>Now that a new era of N64 emulation is only moments away
elaborate
>>
>>3402648
this
>>
>>3402754
http://www.libretro.com/index.php/nintendo-64-vulkan-low-level-emulator-parallel-pre-alpha-release/

The HLE days are over, my friend
>>
>>3402742
>moments away
LOL

NOPE

Unless by moments you take into account your life is but a moment in the grand scheme of things. 100 years < 100000000 years
>>
>>3402774
CEN64 will take forever but that LLE shit is coming
>>
>>3402778
Squarepusher is an autistic shill. This is going to come out and only work with a couple games.
>>
>>3402149
>irrational obsession with legitimate physical media
Since when is it irrational to want to play the games I own?
>>
>>3402753
You do know I made it up, right? Like you can't rate the specs and controllers of a system that doesn't exist. This is just pretend, anon :^)
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.