[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What PSX games make good use of the analog sticks? (Other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (50KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 500x628px
What PSX games make good use of the analog sticks? (Other than ape escape)
>>
Rayman 2 on Playstation X, but it's the worst version.
>>
>>3401829
DS, 3DS, and PSX2 versions are worse.
>>
>>3401781

I think it was Legend of Legaia that actually had the 2nd stick function as face buttons. If you pressed up it would register as Triangle Down X left Square and Right circle

it was neat
>>
>>3401781
Omega Boost?
>>
>>3401853
No they aren't, they don't have half the content cut out like the Playstation X.
>>
Many racing games would use the right stick as an accelerator and the left stick to turn.
>>
Spyro series has good left analog movement
>>
>>3401781
>PSX
>>
>>3401853
lelkok funni. The PeEsEx version is far worse, kidcuck lords of edge.
>>
IIRC, those games used the right analog:
- Tail Concerto (talking animal fights in a tank)
- Gran Turismo/a lot of racing games used the right analog to accelerate/brake
- Wipeout (you can tilt the ship with the right analog)
- Alien Resurrection/Quake 2/Medal of Honor (FPS games)
- Tomb Raider 3 (camera)
- Alone in the Dark New Nightmare (controls the flashlight)
- Megaman Legends 2

You can actually use the analogs in Final Fantasy VIII, but only when controlling vehicles on the map screen.
>>
>>3401829
>>3401853
>>3402028
>>3402732
>autists that weren't even alive when the PSX was announced
>>
>>3402732

Yeah, it's what americans call the original Playstation. It weirds me out too, there's no reason whatsoever to call it that. There's even an actual sony piece of hardware called PSX that is something else entirely.
>>
>>3402936
>Americans

It was in Europe as well, at least in my country it was called PSX by game mags
>>
>>3402747
>Wipeout (you can tilt the ship with the right analog)
Hold up, what? Really?
>>
>>3402936
The reason is Sony of America execs hated the name Playstation, so they tried to make it sound cooler by marketing it as the PSX.
>>
>>3403026
>>3402936

This, and PSX was never used officially outside of SCEA PR marketing in the early days.
In Japan it was always just PS, no PSX or PS1.
The PlayStation logo has also always been referred to as the "PS logo".

No X whatsoever anywhere outside of gaming magazines.

The Nintendo Ultra 64, for example, actually was a beta name for the system and there's plenty of pictures of the prototype consoles with the Ultra 64 logo.

"PSX" was really never a thing outside of marketing and western magazines.
>>
>>3403031
I always called it psx because the emulators did, even in 99/2000
>>
Forsaken
>>
PSX is what emufags who didn't own original playstations call it.
>>
>>3403159
>Emulating in 99/2000
what the hell are you doing?

PCs and emulators back then were pretty shoddy, there was literally no reason to emulate when the real thing was everywhere, and PS2 had only just come out
>>
>>3403252
>not this shit again
Hey kid: go find scans of PSX-era magazines and count the number of times they call it the "PSX".

Hint: IT'S A FUCKING LOT.

Dumb fucking child. I was a goddamn adult when the PSX came out and remember it better than you, so don't think your pathetic attempt at gaming "truth" is worth anything. Hell, you probably wasn't even born when the fucking PSX came out.

Goddamn children. Stay in /v/ if you're going to be this stupid.
>>
File: psx.png (119KB, 836x1599px) Image search: [Google]
psx.png
119KB, 836x1599px
>>
>>3403257
games were expensive back then
>>
File: 1439006059608.jpg (321KB, 1426x674px) Image search: [Google]
1439006059608.jpg
321KB, 1426x674px
>>3402732
Shut the hell up, bunghole!
>>
>>3403302
I miss Beavis & Butt-head
>>
>>3402936
In English the abbr. PS was more commonly used at the end of a letter, to denote an afterthought that couldn't fit into the main body of text. Publications referred to the Playstation as PSX instead, the same abbr. used for the early Playstation Xperimental moniker. A three-character abbr. looked better compared in text, as PSX was frequently compared with its rival N64. SPS (Sony PlayStation) could've also been used, but the X in PSX likely stuck around because X is one of the cooler letters.

Once the Playstation 2 came out, the original Playstation was retroactively classified as the Playstation 1, and during the PS2 era it became standard to refer to the original Playstation and its games as PS1, with the PSX moniker dropped. Referring to the PS1 as PSX is obscure in 2016, but acceptable, although referring to it as PS1 is less-confusing as Sony officially used the PSX name in 2003, on an obscure variant of the PS2.

If the post has enough context to determine whether its referring to the original Playstation or the Playstation 2 variant, then its fine.
>>
>>3403282
This, mostly. I could rent a psx game and pirate it on my PC for nothing, and they played reasonably well. I got through FF-7-9 and megaman x 4-6 and ocarina of time (without an analog joystick, let me tell you keyboard aiming was not fun)

I stopped after I got some terrible Sony published RPG about 'winglies'

It was everywhere at the time... it was close enough it was still expensive, and I didn't have a jerb.
>>
>>3403465
>rent
>for nothing
For $2-5 rather.

Even getting it used would've been $15-$25
>>
>>3403302
>/v/_the_early_years.jpg
>>
File: 1434530272613.gif (45KB, 165x180px) Image search: [Google]
1434530272613.gif
45KB, 165x180px
>legit thread topic
>half the posts are summerbait

why do I even bother look at non-doom threads in /vr/

99% of the time they're total garbage
>>
>>3403302
Wow, the attitude of forum goers are no different now than they were back then, the only exception being the less obscene insults.
>>
>>3403257
>>
>>3403257
>he didn't experience Nesticle rise and fall
>he didn't follow Bleem's trial

What a sad childhood/teenagehood you had.
>>
>>3403818
Oh man, I remember this. I was so excited when I downloaded bleem, put my friend's Suikoden game in and it got to the game logo's animation. I thought fuck yes, finally I can play these games since my parents never wanted me to have a console. And then, it hanged in the middle of that logo, never to be played.

I fucking hate bleem. Fuck you, Bleem.
>>
>>3403863
I only played like 5-6 games back then with it but they all ran great, it was awesome.
>>
Isn't it the other way around? Few games use the gamepad well.
>>
>>3401781
PSX didn't have analog sticks...
>>
>>3404356
The original controllers didn't. The second model did.
>>
>>3404356

Did you stop playing the PS1 circa 1997? How do you not remember the Dualshock? Most games used it.
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 728x635px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 728x635px
>>3403302
>over an hour of dialogue
>>
>>3403818
>higher resolution
>more detail
>richer color

But same shitty perspective-incorrect textures and wobbly vertices?
>>
>>3402730
I honestly can't remember the last time I didn't automatically start using the left analog stick when moving around in a game with 3D movement like Spyro.

There were games like Inteligent Qube and Megaman Legends that outright prohibbited.it, but it just feels weird when using the D-Pad.
>>
>>3404521
You know it!
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.