[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can you help me /vr/? I was trying to play popful mail , I unzipped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2016-08-02-20-15-53.png (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-02-20-15-53.png
211KB, 1920x1080px
can you help me /vr/? I was trying to play popful mail , I unzipped the file and installed the us bios on my phone, the ISO is unzipped too, it unzipped into 2 tipes , the .bios and the .cue, they only go as far as this screen, the zipped data cant run on this, what is the problem? I'm new to sega cd emulators
>>
>>3401349

Pretty much any emulator that uses cd's needs a .cue and an .iso in the same directory, the bios should be in the emulator's location too
>>
>>3401389
sorry, it's not . bios,its .bin, and it dorsn't have a .iso
>>
>>3401349
You unzipped the ISO? Like it said PM.ISO and you unzipped it farther? That is a problem. If that .ISO is not working, then maybe you need a different download.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-02-20-53-18.png (182KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-02-20-53-18.png
182KB, 1080x1920px
>>3401403
is the file I need to run here? don't mind the other games and the japanese version, they are for another emulators
>>
>>3401403
I felt I should elaborate. Whatever site you used, should have given you a .bin and .cue. The .bin is what you load. If the site gives you an .ISO you can try it, but usually it won't work without using something like (I think) pakkiso to dissect the cue and bin.

There is a bunch of technical bs I won't even explain. Pakkiso does it all for you. ( think it is Pakkiso, but haven't needed it in ages)
>>
>>3401405
Did you use a pc to unzip this? It looks like something went wrong.

You unzip popful mail (U).zip then you should get a .bin and .cue . The .bin should be the file you select to run.

If it is an .iso, use the pakkiso I mentioned.
>>
>>3401406
it gave me a .bin, I load it and it doesn't go past the sega screen
>>
>>3401413
I just downloaded it all on my phone, bios and game, everything. I am running into the same situation.
>>
>>3401420
I tried gensoid emu, nothing.
>>
>>3401406
no, you're supposed to load the .cue for cd games anon
>>
>>3401434
doesn't work either
>>
>>3401434
For these emulators they like bin files more. That was the only reason I recommended it.
>>
The BIOS goes on /BIOS and then you should be able to play the game depending on the region
>>
OP I managed to get it working in retroarch with an emuparadise download. I doubt the files you have are bad. But it took a few to get it working proper.
>>
for the retards in this thread bin allows for mixed data and cd-audio tracks in a single file. the cure file hsllas the information about the tracks (open it in a text editor to check it out) iso files can only contain data and are usually not suitable for console games
>>
>>3401443
You are so far the only retard. Way to be.
>>
>>3401442
If you want I can write how I got it working in retroarch. But I HATE retroarchs touch buttons and recommend an OTG controller or BT controller for gaming. It also takes more time to setup than other emulators.
>>
>>3401442
how do I use retroarch?
>>
>>3401349
>what is the problem? I'm new to sega cd emulators

You are trying to run it on your phone.
>>
>>3401437
if you don't run it from the .cue the music can fuck up
>>
>>3401445
I'm not the mongoloid who speaks about extracting the iso files to find the bin/cue files.
>>
>>3401453
Retroarch isn't as straightforward as other emulators. It uses 'cores' to play games. You need to go to the cores area and add the genesis core. I used the Genesis Plus GX core.

You then need to go to the settings and change the directory of the bios to a location you know of. Put your USA Sega CD bios in there and rename them Bios_CD_U . So it is Bios_CD_U.bin .

Then go to load core and select genesis so it puts retroarch into Genesis mode. Then go to load content and find where you put the .bin and .cue of popful mail. Click on the .cue and it should load as retroarch recognizes .cue files.
>>
>>3401460
You didn't have to be, to be the first retard of the bred.

>>3401458
Some of these emulators actually don't have .cue selection. They expect people to be ignorant and only show the .bin's (including the bios) and then when you select the bin it loads the .cue .
>>
>>3401467
except for the typing mistakes (phone) nothing was wrong in my post so fuck off and kys
>>
>>3401464
To further elaborate. The first time you select load core it will said add more cores or whatever, so that first time you can easily select genesis and download the files it needs for the emulator.

Also, use ES file explorer or similar to put your bios and games where ever you think convenient. Then that is where you can tell retroarch your "directory" is for your bios in retroarchs settings. You can even tell retroarch to load content (roms) from that folder first, so you don't have to find your games directory each time.
>>
>>3401470
Still here, still a sad pathetic child. We aren't mad at you. We are sad for your mistake of a life and waste of space.
>>
>>3401464
>>3401473
Sorry op. I tried all other options and nothing seems to get passed the sega screen except retroarch. Retroarch takes 1-3 seconds to get past the screen, but it at least gets by it.

It is a larger learning curve. But once you get used to it, the emulator can be a great asset for everything from Windows to Linux to wii to android to ios and more. However If you can get a dedicated emulator to work that is usually best.
>>
>>3401476
nice of you kid to admit that you are just a retarded shitposter.
>>
>>3401484
I think my proble is that the bios file is .brm , not .bin, where can I get a .bin bios?
>>
You need to have all three bios files in the right place which isn't very obvious in Retroarch here's a link to their forum where Shitpusher explains it in his typical arrogant assholish way.

http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549

Enjoy getting a taste of the RetroArch culture and see why /vr/ hates it even though it's a decent app, especially on Wii.
>>
>>3402218

brm is the save file.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-03-11-58-37.png (731KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-03-11-58-37.png
731KB, 1080x1920px
>>3402576
I did it
>>3401484
>>3401473
>>3401464
thanks based emuwizard
>>
Kusion is literally easy to setup wtf
>>
You need to turn on Perfect sync in Fusion dor this game... or use Genesis Plus GX core in RetroArch

>>3401484
Retroarch takes 1-3 seconds to get past the screen
That's perfectly normal, remember you are playing a CD game so there is a lot of loading times. The Sonic boot sequence was used to distract people during the initial load of the games, it's there in most US and PAL games.
>>
>>3402681
>ugly distorted overlay buttons

I know remember why I always hated Retroarch on Android
>>
Hey whats the best emulator to play Sega CD games on a wii?
>>
Fun fact: there are no SCD emulators for Android, Windows Phone or iOS yet that can run Popful Mail.
This whole thread was pointless and you all should be ashamed of yourselves.
>>
>>3403370
What did I do?
I asked this >>3403359
>>
>>3403370
really? I must have been dreaming then>>3402681
>>
>>3403370
Genesis plus gx through Retroarch does run it on Android
>>
>>3403359
stand-alone Genesis Plus GX
>>
>>3403894
So not the core through retroarch? I think the version of the stanalone i have lets me play that legend of wukong game too. It feels like its been awhile since i downloaded it.
>>
There's something really satisfying about playing Snatcher on a wii connected to a projector with semi transparent scanlines and using a snes controller for the game and the wiimote for the light gun sections.

comfy/10
>>
>>3403952
I really wanna play sd snatcher. Which snatcher are you playing?
If its Turbografx which emulator is recommended?
>>
>>3403979

I didn't even know the T-16 version existed. I just just Kusion or whatever plays all the sega stuff. Stuck the rom on a sd card and went to town. I'm hopeless with this stuff and I got it working so I'm sure you will.

I have the HotD Overkill handcannon chasis and the whole experience was just nostalgic perfection.
>>
>>3403982
I may be misremembering. I rhoughr it was on the super CD add on that turbografx has. What snes controller do you use for wii?
>>
>>3403986

A replica one they gave away from the stars catalogue when it was good.

As for releases there were a few that I didn't even know about:

PC-8801:

JP: November 26, 1988

MSX2:

JP: December 13, 1988

PC-Engine Super CD-ROM2:

JP: October 23, 1992

Pilot Disk:

JP: August 7, 1992

Sega CD:

NA: November 30, 1994[1]
EU: December 15, 1994

PlayStation:

JP: February 12, 1996

Sega Saturn:

JP: March 29, 1996
>>
>>3403987
Well then. I guess i should look for a good one i could use on my wii because I don't know what that is and it seems like it may be hard to come by the one you own.
Thanks for the info man
>>
>>3403993

pleasure to help, anon
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.