[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I suck at RTS and I cheated my way through the end of the Terran

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: starlog.png (146KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
starlog.png
146KB, 1280x960px
I suck at RTS and I cheated my way through the end of the Terran campaign before quitting entirely when I was a kid but I want to finish this game legit, help me please.
>>
File: give up.png (189KB, 324x408px) Image search: [Google]
give up.png
189KB, 324x408px
>>
>>3399240
What mission are you on ? Normal or brood war?
>>
File: 1465848848500.jpg (195KB, 735x924px) Image search: [Google]
1465848848500.jpg
195KB, 735x924px
>>3399240
Starcraft only really gets good when you LAN it up.

That being said, I've mostly played campaign due to lack of interested parties.

If you need to granny-roll your way to victory, the trick is the CPU never rebuilds turrets, so destroy those. Then crush everything with a massive airforce or rolling siege. You want at least 2 squadrons so that damaged units can be protected and repaired while active units don't let up. On the opposite side of the coin, turtle your main base to hell and back with turrets. With enough, the enemy can't gain any traction on you.

If you want to get better, make groups with mixed units. This is absolutely key. Knowing your enemy and finding a good unit composition to counter their chosen units is the bread and butter of the game.

Btw, if stick to normal. If you can't beat normal, Brood War will fuck you up really badly.
>>
RTS is always about resources. Make SCV till you gather res fast enough to rush asap your enemy.

Explore the map. Every single place you can check, do it.

Dont wait until you have a fully trained army. Halving enemy production is the easiest way to win
>>
Starcraft campaigns strongly encourage turtling until you have an overwhelming (air)force. The solution to any late campaign map is battlecruisers, carriers, or mutas/guardians/devourers. The solution to any early campaign map is git gud.
>>
>>3399617
This and a lot of this
>>
>>3399318
i remember the battle.net days when i thought i was a master at the game and came up against the korean autists
they'd literally create rings all over the map with turrets and make ranged attacks with such precision that they didn't even need 50 units to wipe out my 200.
the AI was good but nothing can prepare you for that level of gameplay... and they're still playing. maybe north and south korea can settle the war this way!
>>
>>3399617

Maybe if you suck.

Every zerg level can be beaten quickly and easily by spamming hydralisks.

Every Terran level can be beaten easily by spamming marines, dropships, and tanks

The protoss levels are a bit harder to beat quickly because you actually need to micro and sometimes use a variety of units, but it is still fairly easy.

Building an overwhelming air force is for shitters and takes a long time.
>>
>>3399740
>suck is literally the second word in OPs post.
Reading comprehension, do you have it?
>>
>>3399624
>north korea
>computers
>>
>How do I SC?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/

All the strategy you will ever need, right there.
>>
>Watching Bisu vs sAviOr MSL 2006 final match 2
>see guy with horsehead mask out of fucking nowhere in the audience around 8:50 in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3iRxYeqEpg

Another good way to learn is to watch the pros.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.