[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are SNES reproduction carts 100% accurate recreations of original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Are SNES reproduction carts 100% accurate recreations of original hardware in regards to games with unique chipsets? (Megaman X2/X3, Star Ocean, etc.)

Just curious as I've been thinking about using repros as a method of bolstering my library without spending copious amounts of money on rarer games (I'm a wagecuck so I don't have endless amounts of disposable income to work with) but if they don't produce 100% accuracy I might as well be running ZSNES.

So, what's the lowdown? Pic mostly unrelated
>>
>>3398539
Honestly, unless you're a turbo autist, they're as accurate as it's going to get. The only difference I've ever noticed was with a repro copy of Castlevania: Bloodlines having sound like a fifth of an octave too high compared to my real copy. Otherwise in all my comparisons it looks and sounds like the real deal, so go for it.
>>
>>3398545

I'm really only concerned about games with upgraded carts (not counting SuperFX as thats so common its not an issue), I'm not gonna go turbo autist over some extremely slight sound differences but if the framerate or graphics are compromised it pretty much ruins the experience IMO
>>
Any other opinions?
>>
>>3398539

I don't have any repros of games with unique chipsets, but I would assume they're pretty damn close.

But if you're making a thread like this you're probably the kind of retard who records a repro and a legit copy then spends 20 hours analyzing the intro screen if the sounds are different.

Its good enough. Just fucking relax and play some fucking games. All the tech elitists going "I can't play unless its on a PVM" everywhere just need to fucking sit down and play instead of jerking off over tech.

Repros are not economical by any stretch. Get a flashcart and be fucking done with it. By the 15 or so incompatible games (with like 6 worth playing) and move on with your life.
>>
>Repros are not economical by any stretch. Get a flashcart and be fucking done with it. By the 15 or so incompatible games (with like 6 worth playing) and move on with your life.
QFT

Even if I own a few repros right now mostly Famicom stuff they are just shelf fodder as they look nice
>>
>>3398539
>I've been thinking about using repros
Don't be a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1399168304495.png (99KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1399168304495.png
99KB, 250x250px
>>3398539
>implying those actually exist!
>>
>>3398539
w2c repros on the low? Or at all?
>>
I only want a Splatterhouse 2 repo

Just that particular game

Then I go on aliexpress and there's like 50 different ones and I can't pick
>>
>>3398539
Just get a Super Everdrive
>>
OP here, truth is I'd already bought a couple of repros before I made this thread, but only for games I've ALWAYS wanted a cart of (specifically Tales of Phantasia as I'm completely obsessed with Tales and always wanted to own a physical copy of it that's playable in English and not the GBA version, but also NTSC Terranigma, Demon's Crest, and translated Seiken Densetsu 3), but I'm gonna go ahead and get a flashcart now before I waste too much money. From what I gather, the only games I'm missing out on are Mega Man X2/X3 (which don't even have repros anyways) and Super Mario RPG, as I already own Kirby Super Star and Star Fox; even Star Ocean works via the uncompressed version. At least you guys saved me from wasting more than $100.

Question is, any reason to get an SD2SNES over an Everdrive, given that it's twice as much? Also, any reason to go for DSP support seeing as how I already own SMK? It seems the only other worthwhile game that uses it is Pilotwings which I can go and buy right now for $9.99 or less at my local mom&pop.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.