[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can find

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: Playstation2_slim_front.jpg (283KB, 2048x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Playstation2_slim_front.jpg
283KB, 2048x1025px
Can anyone point me in the right direction of where I can find an SNES emulator to use on a PS2 Slim, possibly with a good, detailed tutorial. Keep in mind that I don't wish to buy any other mod tools or additional DVD magic tools, etc. Is it possible to just load something onto a USB and start playing SNES roms? Any help is appreciate fellas.
>>
>>3397117
Try google.com.
>>
The SNES emulator for the PS2 is shit. SHIIIIIIT. No, I am not kidding. It skips a ton of frames and anything with special chips (Donkey Kong Country, Star Fox) will make your eyes bleed.
>>
>>3397117
just use a snes emulator on literally any other device
>>
>>3397117

first thing you need to do is run free mcboot, which I don't think you can do with some slim models.

also,
>>3397152
>SNES emulator for the PS2 is shit.

that
>>
>>3397117
ps2 emulators are shit, you need to run freemcboot first, you need a dvd burner, a flash drive and a ps2 mem card with at least 4mb free space. just get a wii.
>>
>>3397158
>Free Mcboot

It appears I need a memory card to do this. I do not have one. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>3397152
not OP but which systems emulate well with a PS2?
>>
Step 1: Use PS2 for PS2 and PS1 only
Step 2: Get a Wii
>>
>>3397174
It's not worth it. The SNES emulator on the PS2 sucks.
>>
>>3397182
Sega Genesis. The thing is that the PS2 has the power for this kind of emulation, but the PS2 homebrew scene never got that far.
The same thing happened with the PSP. Its SNES emulator is horrible because it wasn't really developed that far. The PSP has a GBA emulator that's better than it by miles.
>>
>>3397174
how do you have a ps2 and no mem card fgt?
>>3397184
/thread
>>
Is there an alternate method to just download an snes emulator ISO, burn to DVD, and run that on the PS2. what else is involved? I cant seem to find a straight forward answer. I am new at this and dont have a memory card because I can't find it.
>>
>>3397224
Does your console have a modchip? No? Well, that sucks.
>>
>>3397224
no
>>
>>3397224
why do you want to play snes so badly on a ps2?
>>
>>3397235
Ok so back to my original post - here's what I have

PS2 slim - SCPH-70001, driver 1.11
flash drive, dvd blanks
NO memory card, NO modchips of any kind.

want to play SNES roms. how to?
>>
>>3397245
I don't currently have an SNES and I want to play it, and only have a PS2 available to me. It's that simple. I'm sure there are other methods but I am working with what I have.
>>
SNES emulation on ps2 is shit as the last effort on SnesStation was made in 2004. You can get a decent framerate if you turn off the sound, but fuck that. It's a shame, PicoDrive for Genesis and that emu for GBA I forgot the name but was ported from PSP are pretty good and can run at full speed with sound. Try taking a look at PSXscene website, OP

>>3397245

If he's a poorfag like me he has no means of plugging the pc at his tv and has to rely on PS2 emulation to play them on a CRT. I do this shit all the time.
>>
>>3397174

Fuck your own face and die.

Seriously. Or you can buy a cheap PC and run games on that instead.
>>
>>3397193

SNES on the PSP can blow donkey cocks. However SOME games work decently enough.

Hell the PSX2PSP is decent, except some games have tons of trouble that I have seen.
>>
>>3397174
>I do not have one.
Then get one? How else were you planning on saving PS2 gamesaves? Just go drop the $5 for one, you need it anyway.
>>
>>3397247
Download snes9x on the nearest computer.

You can soft mod a wii or psp with no tools, you can run bootleg games on dreamcast. Dreamcast has a shitty version of nester(and a super shifty snesemulator I don't recommend), wii has a lot of emulators ported but not with perfect compatability, psp has some decent emulators but snes in particular can be pretty bad. You can put freemcboot on some ps2slims with a disc swap trick, but you'll need an exploitable game (like agent under fire) and a memory card (which I can't believe you don't have, maybe can't find). You can also load custom firmware on an xbox using a usb adapter, or make your own by cutting a controller cable and USB extender cable in half and splicing them together. You'd have to find a compatible flash drive though.

Those are your options without hard modding. None of them are great, some are unplayable with certain games.
>>
>>3397117
>Is it possible to just load something onto a USB and start playing SNES roms?

No, it isn't.
>>
>>3397117
Google
>>
>>3397193
>The thing is that the PS2 has the power for this kind of emulation,

Wrong.
PS2 has lots of powerful vector math cores, and insanely fast ram. That's it. It's main CPU is actually pretty weak. Sure, you can emulate the Genesis or the SNES, but you'd be stuck with ZSNES and GENS (original) quality emulation.
>>
Why not just plug your computer into the telly?
>>
>>3397152

>DKC
>Special chip

But yeah, SNES emulator is complete shit. NES and Genesis emulate very well though.
>>
>>3397293
>main CPU is actually weak

Not really. It has a superscalar MIPS core which is RISC as fuck. More efficient than you might expect. Sure it's weaker than Gecko and Pentium 3, but it's still capable.
>>
>>3397247
>NO memory card, NO modchips of any kind.
>want to play SNES roms. how to?
You don't. You can't run anything but games and movies unless you have a FreeMcBoot memory card or a modchip to allow you to use burned discs.

And you could have gotten this info with 5 minutes of reading and Google.
>>
Bro, seriously just get one of those ps2 port to usb things and play on pc. I picked up one for 1.50 off ebay, works fone a year later
>>
>>3397618
architecture and performance are unrelated
>>
>>3397705
>architecture and performance are unrelated

Please read over what you wrote again. You can't be this stupid.
>>
>>3397782
What's your exact problem with my statement? Pretty hard to address it when you just fling shit
>>
>>3397805
Architecture is related to performance. So is clock speed.

They aren't the be-all-end-all, that much is true. But you can't say they are unrelated.Not definite perhaps is the right phrase.
>>
>>3397846
>I understood it this anon was suggesting RISC architecture guarantees better performance

It doesn't guarantee it, but it surely suggests better performance per clock for certain operations.
>>
>>3397860
>how so?

Fewer pipeline stages. Classic RISC pipeline like the PS2's MIPS is 5 stages (although I think it might be 6 for PS2's variant), while 10 stages on Xbox's Pentium 3.
>>
>want to play SNES roms. how to?
use whatever device you;re posting this on.
>>
>>3397224
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/playstation/emulators/snes-station-23-snes-for-ps2-full-usa-rom-set/

get this and try it your self

https://youtu.be/zBpll2Gf1bw?t=17
>>
>>3397641
That's what I did.
>>
>>3397174
>>3397117
>I won't spend money any anything
>I WANT TO USE IT
Well mate, start to fabricate things out of thin air or fuck the fuck out of here if you just gonna play dumb and not realise that you can't do it without buying something extra.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.