[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your favorite $5 retro games. No pack-in titles. Has to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1343040-extremeg2_us_n64_front.jpg (49KB, 640x469px) Image search: [Google]
1343040-extremeg2_us_n64_front.jpg
49KB, 640x469px
Post your favorite $5 retro games. No pack-in titles. Has to be a game that you can get almost anywhere for $5.

>pic related is the first one that comes to mind. Fun, tight controlled wipeout clone with weapons. Super easy but lots of levels and racers to unlock.
>>
Is it this one or the first one, where when someone boosts in front of you it looks like the textures on the ground contort?
>>
Turok 2
>>
>>3395854
The first I think, but Im going by memory.
>>
File: Blades_of_Steel_cover.png (178KB, 300x411px) Image search: [Google]
Blades_of_Steel_cover.png
178KB, 300x411px
A lot of old sports games would fit this thread but my personal favorite is Blades of Steel.
>>
>>3396357
Id say NBA Hangtime, a great updated version of NBA Jam on the N64. I got mine for $2.50
>>
Fucking Grand Turismo 2. To be found in old ass game stores everywhere for $2-$3 and SO FUCKING GOOD. Maybe it WAS a pack-in that I'm unaware of?
>>
>>3397349
I think it was just a big seller but people look for newer titles when it comes to sim games.
>>
>>3396357
mfw I noticed loose copies of Blades of Steel and Bases Loaded that actually made it to the goodwill shelves for 2 dollars each
>>
>>3397360
Yeah but now all those 90s cars are /o/ as fuck

I tried to convince them that GT2 with proper widescreen hack, perspective correction and internal upscaling was better than Forza Horizon but they weren't having it so I told them to suck it and posted Initial D in a Cycraft VR cabinet.
>>
File: 250px-Dragon-spirit.jpg (50KB, 250x346px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Dragon-spirit.jpg
50KB, 250x346px
>>3395558
I bought this for $5. No idea what the online prices are, but I doubt it's expensive.
>>
>>3395982
Great option. Impossible to not have fun with this game.
>>
>>3397405
All of the Turok games are pretty damn cheap actually, but 2 is my personal favorite. I picked up my grey cart copy at a flea market for $1 a few years ago and its become of my favorite N64 games.
>>
>>3397582
Whats the difference between the grey and black?
>>
>>3398171
one is a darker color than the other
>>
File: ranger-x-usa.png (344KB, 358x500px) Image search: [Google]
ranger-x-usa.png
344KB, 358x500px
I think i bought this for $10 back in the 90's in the bargain bin. Amazing graphics with wireframe 3D and multiple layers of parallax witha kicking soundtrack and great soundeffects Not sure what it's going for these days, but I figured it applies.
>>
>>3398258
Kek nice bantz Australia.
>>
>>3398171
They removed a few glitches and a cheat that enables you to play the single player levels in split screen but aside from that they are exactly the same aside from cart color. They even used the same exact sticker from the black cart.

http://micro-64.com/features/turok2differences.shtml
>>
File: file.png (205KB, 353x400px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
205KB, 353x400px
Bought like a week ago for $4, completely worth the money even if I've only had time to try the first planet so far, that bit alone was fun as hell.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.