[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your favorite /vr/ game maker? For me it's Capcom,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: 1264837474716.gif (327KB, 316x231px) Image search: [Google]
1264837474716.gif
327KB, 316x231px
What was your favorite /vr/ game maker?

For me it's Capcom, no doubts.

>Mega Mans
>Street Fighter
>Resident Evil
>Breath of Fire
>Bionic Commando
>all the Disney games

Runners up would be Squaresoft for all the great RPGs and Konami for Contra, Castlevania, and Metal Gears.
>>
>>3395329
Konami is my number 1, not even a fan boy it's just that 90%+ of my all time favorite games were made by them. Capcom is number 2.
>>
File: famitsu_cover.jpg (59KB, 252x320px) Image search: [Google]
famitsu_cover.jpg
59KB, 252x320px
Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, Konami and Hudson are the big ones for me.
>>
Nintendo as a first party dev, Apogee/3D Realms, Sierra.
>>
File: Quintet_logo.png (4KB, 200x84px) Image search: [Google]
Quintet_logo.png
4KB, 200x84px
Quintet for sure. They are closely followed up by Game Arts though.
>>
File: 1418447614252.jpg (49KB, 379x384px) Image search: [Google]
1418447614252.jpg
49KB, 379x384px
>>3395339
This. I also add Compile in the list because they made my favorite shmups plus Puyo Puyo.
>>
Apart from first-party developers, probably Konami, Castlevania being the main reason why along with other great side-scrollers and shmups. Square is also up there because I like RPGs.
>>
File: microprose_log.gif (4KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
microprose_log.gif
4KB, 300x200px
>>
File: 1358306901375[1].png (28KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1358306901375[1].png
28KB, 768x432px
>>
Funny how all of those mentioned from OP are complete shit now

I see what you did there
>>
>>3395507
>tfw my very first video game was Bubble Bobble
Taito always have a place in my heart
>>
File: Neo-Geo-AES-Console-Set[1].png (4MB, 4060x1340px) Image search: [Google]
Neo-Geo-AES-Console-Set[1].png
4MB, 4060x1340px
>>3395329
>>3395329
>What was your favorite /vr/ game maker?

SNK because they dared to dream, and dream BIG

They wanted nothing but the best when it came to graphics, price be damned.

Their arcade games had big, detailed sprites that no home console ever matched until the Playstation era, years ahead of its time.

On top of this they had the revolutionary idea of putting more than one game per cabinet, and being able to switch out game cartridges, which was really fucking smart.

When it came to making a home console, once again they didn't give a fuck, pulled no punches, and just basically released a fucking arcade board for your home complete with an arcade joystick.

If you were a richfag you could enjoy the exact same games at home that you could get at the arcade, some newer arcade cabinets even had a memory card slot so you could bring your saved characters and games with you.

SNK made no compromises. You got the highest quality tech and graphics and it still cost less than owning an arcade cabinet.

The only detail is that, unfortunately, not everyone was rich, and not everyone could afford the luxury of the apex of graphics and sound, and this made it into a product not everyone could own, and so it didn't sell a lot.

I love how SNK never compromised on their home console or games
I love how they made some of the greatest, most memorable games, fighters, and characters ever
>>
>>3395590
>some newer arcade cabinets even had a memory card slot so you could bring your saved characters and games with you.

Holy shit, that's awesome. I never knew that.
>>
Konami and Namco are GOAT. Sega and Capcom also were great
>>
>>3395329
I would say in this order:

Capcom
Sega
Konami (for me this is the japanest compay ever)
nintnedo
hudson
nintendo
>>
>>3395329
>game maker
>Bad ass lad dont need no stinging age rules
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.