[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this board have such a strong Nintendo bias? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

Why does this board have such a strong Nintendo bias? It's kind of disgusting.

The mods should at least be neutral in this kind of thing.
>>
Vast majority of retro games are on the Nintendo systems.

Plenty of sega fans here too.

So whatever.
>>
>>3392817
>Vast majority of retro games are on the Nintendo systems.

Nope. But since we're on an American site, it's pretty natural for them to worship Nintendo.
>>
>>3392824
Um yes besides arcade and Atari it's mostly nes with it ports and and snes and 64.

Ps1 was far more popular but yet produced forgettable shovel ware and had games already on pc or dreamcast. Or have gotten superior remakes which aren't retro by the cut off.

What ps1 has got going for it is exclusive Japanese games but most not much.

The fighters are all better on arcade or even latter day systems.
>>
File: business nappa.jpg (104KB, 577x600px) Image search: [Google]
business nappa.jpg
104KB, 577x600px
>>3392816
because nintendo saved video games
>>
Stockholm syndrome
>>
>>3392832
I'm not too sure about NES/SNES, but I believe that the Saturn library outnumbers the n64's, and it even outsold it in japan.
>>
>>3392832
You fail to take in consideration the various arcade and computer games. Videogames != consoles.
>>
You can leave any time, OP.
>>
>getting triggered because of a Zelda pic

Man, being a single-system peasant as a kid really leaves some ghastly traumas.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1467133888636.jpg (38KB, 521x767px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1467133888636.jpg
38KB, 521x767px
Go away Australia-kun.
>>
>>3392841
That's why I said sega. I see many Sega and Nintendo Fans on here compared to the amount of ps1 fans posting here.

Nes was bigger than than most Atari systems. And sold more units sale wise compared to them and also saved the industry.

Saturn did indeed sold a lot in Japan, the most sold sega system but it didn't outsold the N64 in Japan but it did beat the GameCube in Japan and Wii u too.

Nintendo might have to save the console market in Japan with the low untit sales xboxone and ps4.

The Nx is both portable and hooks up to the tv, Nintendos main market is the portable one.
>>
>>3392835
..in America that is,
>>
>>3392816
>>>/v/
>>
They picked that image because it referenced the old /b/ joke about newfags can't triforce.
>>
>>3392856
It DID outsell the n64 in japan.
Lots of places put the Saturn at around 10 million sales by the end of it's lifespan, while the n64 is sitting at 5-6 million.
http://www.nintendo.com/corp/report/NintendoAnnualReport2005.pdf Check page 33
Meanwhile, the Sega saturn reportedly had nearly 6 million just during it's first year of release in Japan, with that rising throughout it's lifespan
>>
>>3392897
A better source for that? I'm just curious, I seen other places list n64 outselling it in Japan region wise.

The Saturn is better than the ps1 anyways.
>>
>>3392923
Just a quick correction.
Didn't sell around 6 million it's first year in JP, that was after 2 years (1996)
http://segaretro.org/History_of_the_Sega_Saturn
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Sega_Saturn
Just about every source I've seen puts it higher than the n64 in japan for it's entire lifespan.
You can do some quick googling and see for yourself.
I'm curious as to where you saw that the n64 did better in JP than the saturn?
>>
>>3392932
Does it count units sold vs unit shipped?
>>
>>3392937
I hate nintendrones but Kirby is legit good. Pls don't push it.
>>
File: mi_cara_cuando.png (344KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mi_cara_cuando.png
344KB, 500x500px
>>3392937

>2016
>using "le" ironically or not
>>
>>3392967
>le post-meme memer
>>
>>3392948

they're easy platformers aimed at babbies
>>
>>3393000

Stop being mad just because the mods decided to use a Zelda pic for the board rules sticky.

Take some meds and let your autism calm down a bit, then come back. You'll realize it's not a big deal, and that Kirby games are actually never played them, but they look fun and a lot of friends whom I consider to have good taste, and who are definitely not nintendo fanboys, love the Kirby series. They can't be that bad.
>>
>>3393000
Nice trips, but they have good gameplay, animation, music, graphics and are just plain all around fun and that's what counts. There's nothing wrong with liking baby stuff if it's good.
>>
>>3393019
>There's nothing wrong with liking baby stuff if it's good.

lmao nintendrones are literally bronies

>good gameplay
>float over whole level win game
>>
>>3393045
Floating is not fun, so I avoid doing that in order to get fun. And I'm not a nintendrone.
>>
>>3393045

Not him, but you sound like an edgy teenager from /v/ who proudly claims himself a "mature gamer" and probably plays a lot of Call of Duty.
If I'm right, please go back to where you belong.
If I'm wrong, please stop shitposting.
>>
?

One of my favourite things about this board is the amount of Sega and Saturn appreciation and discussion. If anything I would say /vr/ is pro-Sega.
>>
OP is a fucking idiot but I think the sticky should be removed already
>>
>>3393181

if the sticky is removed retards will take it as a sign that all games are now retro and make PS3 and Wii threads because "i-it's been TEN YEARS!!!! THAT'S RETRO!!!!"
>>
>>3393181
This. We should also update the rules to allow PS2, GBA, GCN and Xbox.
>>
>>3393198
Well at least GBA
>>
>>3392857
The only place that ultimately matters.
>>
>>3392886
This. Has nothing to do with a Nintendo bias.

If anything it has a strong Sega/PC bias. We can't have one Nintendo thread without attracting some fucktard who has to go on about his microcomputers and hate for America.
>>
I guess, after all this time, newfags still can't do the triforce :^)

▲ ▲
>>
The persecution of non Nintendo gamers need to stop. Sega lives matter!
>>
>>3392816
>pretending to not love Nintendo
cum on son
>>
File: pedobear.png (146KB, 802x1300px) Image search: [Google]
pedobear.png
146KB, 802x1300px
>>3393275
Don't mind if I do.
>>
>>3392816
>Why does this board have such a strong Nintendo bias?

This board does almost nothing but suck off garbage like the Saturn and hate on great consoles like the N64 fuck off.
>>
>>3392832
Kill yourself, namefag.
>>
>>3394634
I concur
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.