[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which Rocket Knight game do you like the most, /vr/? The SNES

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: sparkster.png (455KB, 580x715px) Image search: [Google]
sparkster.png
455KB, 580x715px
Which Rocket Knight game do you like the most, /vr/?

The SNES installment seems to have the best graphics.
>>
All of them, they're all different and great on their own right.

I haven't played the non-retro remake though.
>>
>>3388447
>I haven't played the non-retro remake though.

It's okay.
>>
>>3388440
rocket knight adventures is the best. Sparkster is good but not as polished.
>>
Original clearly the best.
Super Sparkster is enjoyable.
Mega Sparkster is to be avoided.
>>
>>3388797
>Mega Sparkster is to be avoided
but Its just as average as the snes one.
>>
>>3388440
The original one is pretty much perfect.
I found the final boss in the SNES one kinda anticlimactic and didn't like the gimmicky levels that much.
I don't remember much of the GENESIS sequel, I only beat it once but it was on emulator and using save states, I do remember the final battle was more proper and liking the more melee approach for the sword, also, I think the true TRUE ending involved collecting some swords scattered across the levels to get some sort of golden sword ala Super Sonic and the Chaos Emeralds? Never actually did it but sounds pretty cool.
>>
Can anyone clarify why Mega Sparkster is to be avoided? I don't know if I'd call it exceptional but it certainly doesn't qualify as terrible.
>>
>>3388849
It's just Nintendo fanboys at work again. The best Rocket Knight games are both on the Genesis/Mega Drive. Sparkster's only real flaw is that it could be longer.
>>
>>3388440
The SNES version might take the cake here, but all of them are just as playable. It's a perfect series if you aim to enhance your gaming skills.
>>
>>3388440
>>3388873
Not in the slightest. Rocket Knight Adventures has far better graphics than SNES Sparkster, not to mention it runs at a higher resolution and speed. Additionally, both Genesis games have superior soundtracks and instrumentation compared to the SNES version.
>>
>10 replies in
>console wars already taken over another thread

Well.
>>
>>3388858
Oh, okay. I've just seen that opinion quite a bit lately and find it puzzling. It controls differently, but it's not a bad game. And the soundtrack is top notch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-bdROxLv9A
>>
RKA >

The sequels are kinda lame.
>>
>>3388886
Umm, no. The SNES Sparkster has a better attention to detail and is overall more bright and colorful. The resolution is slightly bigger on the Genesis, but that's just it.

Also, I'm surprised you thought the Genesis games did better in regards to sound; SNES Sparkster has the more lively and expressive soundtrack of the three.
>>
>>3388447
The new Rocket Knight game is totally fine, it's nothing special but I still enjoyed my time with it.
>>
>>3388954
Umm, no.
>>
Anyone who thinks orher than the genisis orignal is retarded
>>
>>3388954
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a76oFUArUek

You're stupid and possibly choking on a million dicks at this very moment
>>
SNES Sparkster is the best in the series desu. The overhead shmup level that ends with a mech boxing fight sealed the deal for me.
>>
>>3388447
Don't bother with it, it just feels like it was made for mobile or something
>>
File: xmas92costumes.jpg (59KB, 631x461px) Image search: [Google]
xmas92costumes.jpg
59KB, 631x461px
the original had an steampunk/studio ghibli atmosphere I felt the sequels never nailed down.
>>
File: animebooks-com_2268_579109905.jpg (781KB, 1003x760px) Image search: [Google]
animebooks-com_2268_579109905.jpg
781KB, 1003x760px
>>3390251
what I mean by that is the pig army reminded me alot of Hayao Miyazaki's Daydream Data Notes
>>
>>3390259
He made an Otto Carius comic with the pigs, that was pretty fun, shame he never made anything animated with it.
>>
>>3390251

All the spin-offs/sequels seem to be missing that general sense of Whimsy that RKA has. It trades it for standard 90S ATTITUDE stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 960x719px
I wish this series hadn't died.
>>
>>3388440
Original > Sparkster MD > Sparkster SNES > RK
>>
>>3392146
I played Rocket Knight Adventures for the first time yesterday and totally agree with this. If Konami really cared, this would be a terrific franchise.
>>
>>3392538
This is correct.
>>
>>3388440
imo, RKA is the best platformer of the era.
I never liked sparkster back then.
>>
>>3388721
Speaking of which, isn't it lovely how the game was developed in UK but was never released in Europe.
What the fuck's wrong with Konami
>>
>>3392860
Referring to the PC version.
>>
>>3392538
SNES Sparkster > RKA > RKA2 > Reboot

Level design is better, controls are better, graphics are better, and music is better. The winner goes to SNES.
>>
>>3392878
wow snesfags sure are delusional.
>>
>>3392878
Top tier delusion right here.
>>
>>3392538
>>3392878
RKA > Sparkster MD = Sparkster SNES >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reboot
>>
>>3392878
>Level design is better, controls are better, graphics are better, and music is better
Literally all wrong.
>>
I think Adventures is phenomenal, though I've never played the other installments.

It's probably my favorite game on the Genesis, or at least in my top 3 (Pulseman and Ristar are my other two). It just nails everything so perfectly. Wonderfully designed and does the best job of teaching mechanics out of any game I've seen (think what Egoraptor said about Mega Man X, but much better). That, on top of the graphics music, and gameplay are simply stellar.

I have a hard time thinking of other action side-scrollers that come close to it.

The only flaw I can think of it is how you clip onto the edges of platforms (especially in pic related), but that's only minor.
>>
>>3394035
>think what Egoraptor said about Mega Man X
I wouldn't know because I'm not a faggot
>The only flaw I can think of it is how you clip onto the edges of platforms
That isn't a flaw, that's a difficulty choice concerning hitboxes.
>>
SNES Sparkster looks good in screenshots and videos, but honestly it's pretty boring to play , the action and challenge isn't as tight/focused as RKA.
>>
File: mighty mouse nightmare.jpg (33KB, 356x298px) Image search: [Google]
mighty mouse nightmare.jpg
33KB, 356x298px
Unlike Sonic I think RKA could transform well into 3D with freemovement rocket pack
>>
>>3394038
>That isn't a flaw, that's a difficulty choice concerning hitboxes.
I don't mind it much personally, but I feel it makes some areas lenient that would otherwise call for more precise platforming. In my opinion, I see it as something that could have been changed for the better, and therefore a flaw.

>I wouldn't know because I'm not a faggot
I already explained it: teaching the player the game's mechanics, as well as what style of play is optimal and what will reward you the most as you progress.

Don't worry, anon-kun. Your ego won't be diminished by watching some e-celeb video years ago when it was first made.
>>
>>3394074
Your negative opinion about something does not make it a flaw. Sorry, faggot. Not how it works.
>>
>>3394035
Pulseman was shit though.
>>
>>3388956
The new is RK only by name. Has none of the exciting boss battles. Music is half assed. Just a standard platformer 2/10
>>
>>3388954

RKA has a phenomenal soundtrack. It really shows what the Genesis's sound chip is capable of in the right hands and is easily the best of the series.
>>
>>3395616
This. There aren't too many games on the console that can hold the same distinction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5I2qFqYA9w
>>
I heard that SNES Sparkster has some elements of RKA's gameplay and level design. Is this true?

Genesis Sparkster is a very good game, but, personally, I prefer RKA's simplicity. I didn't like the changes that much.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.