/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some cool text games? Please no roguelikes, I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Hobbit.jpg (87KB, 797x599px) Image search: [Google]
Hobbit.jpg
87KB, 797x599px
What are some cool text games?
Please no roguelikes, I'm referring to games with a command interface.
>>
Might we discuss not saving screenshots as huge, artifact-filled JPGs?
>>
>>3387870
Look up the adventure games on NES at romhacking.net (or whatever the url is). I'd especially recommend Portopia Serial Murder Case and JESUS Kyoufu no Bio Monster.

The best I've played though is hands down Famicom Tantei Club Part II for SNES.
>>
>>3387870
Although it says "Developed by Beam Software, Ltd", this likely only applies to the C64, Spectrum, and Amstrad versions. The Apple and PC ports appear to have been done by Sierra not in the least because the PC version has the CGA red/green/orange/blue palette which is a Sierra hallmark.
>>
File: 053.jpg (290KB, 916x1321px) Image search: [Google]
053.jpg
290KB, 916x1321px
text adventures desu senpai
Play all the old Scott Adams adventures first, because they're kind of primitive but still cool (and some of the ZX Spectrum ports even had graphics).
Then you can move on to the heavy stuff like Level 9, Magnetic Scrolls, and Infocom.
Sierra AGI games are also pretty cool, and there's a vew similar games out there like The Adventures of Maddog Williams. Sadly at some point these kind of graphic adventure games dropped the keyboard and text parser interface altogether.
And if you do happen to like the early primitive stuff, try Eamon on Apple II. It's a pure text RPG with several hundred adventures to play.
>>
>>3387990
>nobody except Sierra could use that color palette
>>
>>3388301
It's not just the colors, the art style and dithering scheme look just like every Sierra PC game at the time.

Sierra did do contract work for licensees at that time, sometimes uncredited, but their games are fairly easy to identify if you know what to look for.
>>
Some of the Atarisoft arcade ports were also done by Sierra. I believe they did Ms. Pac-Man and Jungle Hunt.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.