[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did this version end up being superior to the 16-bit version?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: batmanreturnofthejokernes.jpg (67KB, 640x876px) Image search: [Google]
batmanreturnofthejokernes.jpg
67KB, 640x876px
How did this version end up being superior to the 16-bit version? They're all really similar, but this controls so much better and looks fucking great for an 8-bit port. Blind=mown.
>>
>>3387583
It looks and sounds great, even for a late NES game. Too bad the controls and the level design are so much bullshit that you can hardly enjoy it.
>>
>>3387604

The controls are tight, plays better than Mega Drive/SFC,
>>
Oh shit, this wasn't an 8-bit port of a 16-bit title, the NES version was the original. Makes more sense now.
>>
I have the Gameboy version. Good gameplay great music. tough as nails though.
>>
the more important question is what the fuck happened to softsoft after the nes
>>
Yo the BGM in this game is one of the most potent earworms I have ever been exposed to. Play at your own risk.
>>
>>3390371
Naoki Kodaka is a genius.
>>
>>3387583
Too bad the game has nothing to do with the Batman universe. It's like a hack from another game a la Doki Doki Panic/Super Mario Bros. 2.
>>
>>3388398
Ikr? The last games I remember them making were the rereleases of Final Fantasy Adventure and Legend 1-3. Didn't even bother to add their name to the games' title screens, just slapped their logo on the box, instructions, and cart label.
>>
>>3387583

The 16-bit versions weren't developed by Sunsoft, dumbass.
>>
>>3390424

Yeah, they were also ports of the Famicom original. See >>3387617
>>
FUCK if this song won't leave my head soon
>>
>>3390396
Thank god
>>
>>3390396

What, and Arkham series is part of cannon? There is no main universe anymore, just fragments of what brings the most ducats.
>>
>>3390685
He is saying the game wasn't originally a Batman game, They just slapped Batman and Joker in it and called it a day.
>>
>>3390698

[citation needed]
>>
>>3388398
They actually released a bunch of quality stuff on the game boy. Check out power quest and project s-11.
>>
So is the genesis version actually bad? I haven't played the NES game but I know its not supposed to be quite as good as the first Batman game they did, despite being crazy technically amazing. Should I skip the genesis port altogether or is it still worth playing?
>>
>>3387583
Sunsoft were fucking wizards
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.