[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I heard you can use a game genie to play SFC games on the snes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: Game-Genie-SNES.jpg (2MB, 2240x2220px) Image search: [Google]
Game-Genie-SNES.jpg
2MB, 2240x2220px
I heard you can use a game genie to play SFC games on the snes.

Do SFC games with the extra pins not work with this?
>>
I heard SFC games work on the SNES anyway. They just don't fit in the plastic cart slot.
>>
>>3387442
You have to snip the tabs off from inside, but, I rather not mutilate my snes.

My friend is giving me his game genie and I heard it's a lot easier to mod that instead.
>>
>>3387416

>Do SFC games with the extra pins not work with this?

Clearly not, since there are no connections for them.
>>
>>3387448
You'll have to snip the tabs off the GameGenie too, but you won't be able to play the games with extra pins. You'd be better off just clipping your SNES. It's just like removing its appendix. It doesn't need it to function and you'll never notice it's missing unless you look inside.
>>
>1998
>be anime fan
>want to try those anime licenced Super Famicom games
>order some from an importer that advertises in GameFan magazine
>while waiting for games to ship, snip off tabs from SNES cartridge slot in preparation
>my first successful hardware mod!
>package arrives
>these were supposed to be mint, unopened games
>the importer had opened the game boxes and MUTILATED all of the cartridges (and a Super Game Boy 2), melting grooves into the plastic so they could fit in an unmodded SNES
>FFFFUUUUUUU....
>of course this practice was not mentioned anywhere in their print ad.
>>
>>3387920
Heh, this happened with a rich friend of mine who ordered the original Japan only Pokémon Stadium for N64 from a back of the magazine ad. It was nasty, just melted plastic goop.
>>
>>3387872
You know what?
I will circumcise my snes. I don't give a fuck.
>>
File: Super_Famicom.png (221KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Famicom.png
221KB, 500x400px
Just get a Super Famicom, it looks better.
>>
>>3391138
can you play snes games on it
>>
>>3388546
I CAN CIRCUMCISE PENISES
>>
>>3391159
If you cut the cartridge slot to the size of an SNES cartridge, yes.
>>
Its not hard at all. Inside the cartridge slot
of the SNES there are two small plastic tabs.
Just remove them with a pair of pliers

Afterwards you can play Super Famicom games with no problems. I wish every system
made it this easy to play import games.
>>
>>3387526
A+ for effort and answering OPs question bro. But it looks like the rest of /vr/ doesn't understand the question and wants to talk about something else.
>>
File: SNES-Cartridge-Adapter.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
SNES-Cartridge-Adapter.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>3391159
>>3391274
or rather use passthru adapter instead of cutting the slot
>>
>>3392137
Those cost money. CGM is free.
>>
>>3392137
Or, just have an SNES and an SFC.
>>
File: 1450402068156.jpg (5KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1450402068156.jpg
5KB, 250x187px
I don't understand why I can't get game genie codes to work on emulators most of the time.
>>
>>3393123
Hi I'm a 1996 vidya game company and I released 1.0 a few monthss ago, sales are going good.
Fuck galoob nintendo says, we've changed how the bits of certain cheatable values are stored with various bug fixes where applicable, nintendo supports this. 1.1 is on the shelves now.
We've already working on 1.2, currently we've not been able to move around the values for extra lives but now we've got it switch around so that when a 1.0 or 1.1 99 live code is used it corrupts the save game.
>>
>>3387442
>mutilate
>cutting off some useless tabs inside the cart flap
are you fucking faggot?
>>
>>3393580
Why don't you cut off that useless shit at the top of your neck?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.