[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legacy of the wizard is an underrated game in my opinion. Whose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: legacy of the wizard map.jpg (274KB, 900x584px) Image search: [Google]
legacy of the wizard map.jpg
274KB, 900x584px
Legacy of the wizard is an underrated game in my opinion.

Whose your favorite character?
>>
>>3387072
Thanks, anon. I'm gonna try it out.
>>
File: 1363655571377.gif (2MB, 4096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
1363655571377.gif
2MB, 4096x3072px
>>3387072
>>
I own Legacy of the Wizard and occasionally I'll pop it in just to futz around, but I'll be damned if I know what I'm actually doing. One of these days I'm gonna print up a gamefaqs walkthrough and play this game with serious intention to actually progress.
>>
>>3387072
great soundtrack, and great gameplay, but I had no idea what to do as a kid. were there any hints in game?

also Pochi(the pet) was my favorite, mainly because the monsters couldn't hit him
>>
>>3387072
The loli because of her mobility then the father because I like the puzzle-heavy areas he has. Not overly complex puzzles but well, still fun.
Anyway nice game, love the music and the huge map. That's one thing I really enjoy about retro games, when they wanted to make really densely packed maps, they did.
>>
>>3387279
nah, there is no real hints that I can think of in game for shit, which is one of the cool things about the game, you kind of just play as characters til you can progress, each character is more or less designed to get items that unlock the dragon slayer, then you go kill the final boss with the son, whose only ability is that he can use the dragon slayer itself, and is otherwise weak.
>>
>>3387072
Yeah, it's one of the best exploration-focused games that I've played. Meyna is my favorite character because of the wide variety of items she can use. The rod and wings are fun to play around with.

>>3387279
The manual spells out your basic objectives, and there are some subtle clues indicating the positions of breakable walls and such. Past that, you're expected to figure the game out with a fair bit of experimentation.

I eventually got all of the crowns as a kid, but I couldn't figure out precisely how to use them. It didn't help that I occasionally lost progress because I copied one of those absurdly long passwords down incorrectly.
>>
>>3387479
>I occasionally lost progress because I copied one of those absurdly long passwords down incorrectly.
happened to me a lot too, but with castlevania 2 which is a considerably easier game. don't remember making much progress with legacy of the wizard so no big loss if i screwed up a password
>>
Seeing a speedrun of this game was a little mind blowing, I know that most speedruns use excessive glitch abuse to beat games quickly in some cases, but for this there is just a glitch that lets you jump reset, and its not even used that much, and it surprises me that this game can be beaten in under 30 mins with its giant ass map and all the character switching
>>
File: gfs_39637_2_23.jpg (112KB, 768x672px) Image search: [Google]
gfs_39637_2_23.jpg
112KB, 768x672px
>>3388060
Some areas also take a while to get through.

I imagine it is possible to avoid doing much backtracking, though, if you make good use of crystals and get each of the crowns in one trip.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.