[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that there are very retarded point and click autists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Reminder that there are very retarded point and click autists that don't like Grim Fandango just because of how it controls

These people make me ashamed to be a fan of the same genre
>>
Reminder that Grim Fandango Remastered has an optional point-and-click interface.
>>
>>3385472
>He's only played the shitty remastered version

Underaged kid pls go
>>
>>3385483
Are we seriously being elitist about modern ports of old games now?

It's not even a remake, it's a fucking port. Get the stick out of your ass.
Unless you have a hardon for sketchy fan patches and shitty virtual machines, then the remastered edition is currently the best way to play the game on modern operating systems.
>>
If you don't point and click then it isn't a point and click.
Parser or menu adventures don't count as point and click either. It's not saying anything about the quality, just that they control in different ways.

You're not going to find fans trying to declare a turnbased game as RTS or a horizontal scroller s vertical.
>>
File: deponia.jpg (303KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
deponia.jpg
303KB, 1920x1080px
>>3385461
Well I was super pissed about the controls when I first played it, but eventually got used to them.
Point and click would still have been better, though.

>>3385602
It's a Lucasfilm/arts adventure. People bought them blind because they were used to them being high quality point and click games.

I'm still mad they don't make these games anymore because "the market has changed".
Daedalic's point and click adventures sell like hot cakes, so market has changed my ass.

Pic related. Play it if you haven't. Great series with 4 games already. Thanks based Germany.
>>
I absolutely love the story in Grim Fandango, but the controls are terrible, the graphics are bad, and many of the puzzles suffer from both, making game play itself quite a bit lackluster.

Now if they had made it look like Day of the Tentacle or CMI though...
>>
>>3385483
Reminder that if you didn't finish Grim Fandango in Glide rendering mode then you never really finished it.
>>
>>3385461
>tank controls
>pixel hunting
trash.jpg
>>
>>3385882
Most early polygon using games look like shit. The technology wasn't ready yet, but they still tried to make it work just for the 3D hype.
Just look at most N64/PS1 games. They all look like shit and would've been better off as 2D games with just enhanced graphic effects.
Same applies here.
>>
>>3385483
Where did you even get that from his post?
>>
File: 1465115046883.jpg (42KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1465115046883.jpg
42KB, 480x477px
>>3385906
>Glide

Damn you for making me think about 3dfx again. It still hurts. They were so much ahead of their time.
Also damn Nvidia for buying them when they were on the ground and marketing SLI as their own invention.
>>
>>3385959
Most of us who played the original didn't play the remastered version.

I didn't even know there was a remastered version kek.
>>
File: 1427634683522.jpg (84KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
1427634683522.jpg
84KB, 750x709px
>>3385906
>>3385961
>glide
>3dfx
>dat feel when quake suddenly looked so much better and ran at 100 fps just because of that card

I usually don't use "euphoric" because of the memes, but that was exactly like it was. It was like a miracle.
>>
>>3385946
Many early 3d games still look great nowadays. It was really matter of art direction which in the case of Grim Fandango, just turned out to be shit, integrating low poly art with overly detailed pre-rendered sets.
>>
Is graphical adventure the same as point and click or am I getting them confused
>>
>>3386040
A graphical adventure is an adventure with graphics, as opposed to pure text adventures.
A point and click adventure is controlled with a pointer that can click on stuff displayed, as opposed to typing commands or similar.
Those terms should be self-explanatory unlike the name adventure.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.