[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since I don't really have a powerful computer and not much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: D2_Video_Game.jpg (41KB, 640x545px) Image search: [Google]
D2_Video_Game.jpg
41KB, 640x545px
Since I don't really have a powerful computer and not much money, I've been going through videogames that were emulatable on the Wii and the inmense catalogue that was on a PS2 (and PS1 inside of it). However, I've been thinking of either buying a Dreamcast or an N64 lately, but for some specific games, like Conker Bad Fur Day or Banjo Kazooie for the N64 (alongside others on the original hardware) or Shenmue and D2 for the Dreamcast.

Nonetheless, these games don't convince me to go either way, so, what console should I buy? Also, I've heard about the Sega Saturn, but the only game I know from it is Nights, what can you tell me about it?
>>
DC has a more varied library (it's also a fighter and shmup heaven console) and the games have aged better. I'm currently playing through D2 for the first time and it's an awesome game.

N64 will probably be more expensive. Just the Conker cart will be more than a DC + Shenmue or D2.
>>
>>3382747
Oh yeah, also take into consideration that the N64 and DC share a lot of multiplats like Tony Hawk, Rainbow Six, Rush 2049, Resident Evil 2, Rayman 2, etc., that look and play better on DC.
>>
>>3382718
Get a Dreamcast. If you don't have much money, you can pirate every game on the system for the price of a stack of CD-R's. N64 games can get expensive and Everdrives aren't cheap either
>>
>>3382718
Since you don't have much money, then I say go Dreamcast. I did the same last year BECAUSE I knew I could get games for cheap because you can burn games on CD-Rs.
>>
>>3382747
>>3382759
>>3382761
>>3382824
Nice. I've heard the Dreamcast uses an special kind of CD to operate, but what are the games that require it? Also is it as easy as burn and play?

Other question, I'm european, will a PAL Dreamcast support 60hz and output NTSC?
>>
>>3382951
gd-rom, all the imdisk images have been converted to use cd's though. make sure you get an early dc that can play burned disks.
>>
>>3382951
Dreamcast was notorious for its great PAL conversions, and most Sega games had a PAL50 PAL60 selector anyway. Nothing like FFX there.
>>
>>3382951
I believe you used to need a boot disc but that is no longer the case unless you're trying to play official discs from outside of your region. However, with burnt discs, the region locking goes away, I believe. Like I have a NTSC Dreamcast, but I've been able to play Japanese AND PAL games on mine just fine. So I don't see that wouldn't work the other way around for your case.
>>
>>3382963
>make sure you get an early dc that can play burned disks.
Are there any signs that I should be looking for in that regard?
>>
>>3382718
>N64 vs DC being a difficult choice
At least you slid under the console war radar and literally every other anon has already given you the right answer to that one

>>3382997
On the label there will be a circle. If it's empty or has a 1 in it then it'll run burned games. That's like 80% or more of them btw.
>>
File: 1451974506501.jpg (3MB, 2656x1494px) Image search: [Google]
1451974506501.jpg
3MB, 2656x1494px
>>3382718
Do you have an HDTV that has VGA input?
Dreamcast
Do you have a CRT that has S-Video?
DC
>>
Have you ever played D and enemy zero?
>>
>>3383206
CRT with SCART

>>3383532
Haven't played Enemy Zero, because if I remember right it was a Saturn only game and I haven't even come close one.
>>
>>3383920
EZ and D1 both have PC releases to my knowledge; don't know what it'd take to get them to run on modern OSs though.
>>
>>3383978
D is on GOG, bought it not too long ago. I loved it. Runs fine on win10
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.