[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to take a job where ill be traveling... a LOT.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

File: images(3).jpg (9KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
9KB, 318x159px
I'm about to take a job where ill be traveling... a LOT. I want to build the ultimate emulator thing so i can play everything anytime, and be able to plug it into a hotel tv if possible. Maybe even some sort of multi player capability.

Do i go the laptop route? Is there a small dedicated device i can buy?

Money is not an issue.
>>
If all you want to do is emulate, why wouldn't you just get a laptop? My 2012 piece of shit laptop can emulate everything up to the GameCube at full speed.

All "emulation devices" you'll find are made by shitty Chinese companies, so don't go that route.

As for plugging it into a hotel TV, you'll have to do some research. It should be easy to plug a laptop into a TV but it depends on what ports your laptop has. (Also, you may need different connectors depending on whether the hotel has newer HDTVs or old CRTs.) Once you've figured that out, just get a wireless bluetooth gamepad, pull up an emulator, and you're set.
>>
File: Sardine-Paper-Clips-tin[1].jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Sardine-Paper-Clips-tin[1].jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>3381527
If you have the technical knowhow, you can get a RaspberryPi and install all the emulators. Add a controller or two, a microSD card for data, HDMI cable, a case, and you're set. Total cost $100 or so, less if you already have the relevant parts. The computer itself is about the size of a sardine tin. The controllers themselves will be larger.
>>
File: pyrared.png (351KB, 814x822px) Image search: [Google]
pyrared.png
351KB, 814x822px
There's a couple of devices, like the open pandora, there's two new models the Pyra, (pic related) and the GDP win. that can do all of that, but they aren't launched yet.

The open pandora is 1 ghz, the GDP win 1.4 ghz and the Pyra 2.5 ghz.

In my experience laptops are useless in a lot of situations, it's better something that you can get out of the pocket and play.

Or just buy a PSP model 2000 or 3000, you can get a cheap cable that connects to the tv.
>>
just get a nice gaming laptop then. you can get by with less but you won't have to fuck with the settings on the emulators of things like psx.
>>
Android phone with a USB type-C port in the bottom. You can get little 3-way hubs that let you plug in HDMI, a charging cable and a regular USB for a controller. Plenty of flagships coming out of China with great chipsets and screens for next to nothing and plenty of emulator support as well. If you want something a bit more substantial and less fiddly though, a laptop is the way to go.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.