[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up guys. Let's talk about the 3DO. My cousin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 3do.jpg (51KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
3do.jpg
51KB, 720x404px
What's up guys. Let's talk about the 3DO. My cousin bought it I don't know why but it had some good games like Road Rash and The Need for Speed. Damn, shit looked like real life by the time it was released.
What are your thoughts about it?
>>
I have one. Controllers are shit, none of the games are better than their releases on other platforms. Disc drive belts fail too.
>>
>>3379424
Wasn't the 3DO port of Killing Time pretty cool? Aside from that one game breaking bug I guess.
>>
I own one, same model as pictured.
Haven't used it or even tested yet, would like to pick up the Street Fighter II port.
>>
>>3379415
I have several and never use them.
I see a trend developing here.
>>
>>3379712
there is no copy protection on the 3d0, just burn a copy of the game and enjoy yourself.
>>
>>3379415
The 3DO version of Psygnosis' Novastorm was the best one. It was one of those games that was different on each console.
>>
>mfw I got one for €16 on Yahoo JP auctions. (no controllers though)
feels good
>>
>>3379946
Such a contrast to what they originally retailed for, adjusted for inflation a brand new 3DO console was like $1000

One of the big reasons it failed.
>>
>>3380125
They should have think over the lincensing scheme.
>>
>>3379651

Experienced Killing Time and the game breaking bug. Was an amazing game at the time. The music and in-game video were so atmospheric.

As far as the rest of 3do, original NFS was on it. Bad framerate but amazing for the time. Star Control 2 was incredible. Way of the Warrior was packed with secrets but was kinda sloppy. SSF2 Turbo was great.

Others I feel are worth playing...

Quarantine
Twisted

Others I can't think of today
>>
You get people flinging shit at each other over that gen saying N64 sucks or PS1 sucks but really, it was the 3DO that sucked. Talk about a pointless console.
>>
Starcontrol 2 was really good on it. It's kind of moot now since you can play The Ur Quan Masters restoration, but back in the day it was the best way to play sc2
>>
I have a FZ-10 model 3DO and the only game I legitimately own for it, is Cyberdillo.
Which is actually a pretty decent Doom clone if you look past it's drug influenced designs. It had some of the most unique level designs i've seen in a video game. Not good, just unique.

Also the Wolfenstein 3D port is pretty damn good, and has an entire episode with original 3DO exclusive levels.

The Doom port is acceptable, if you're able to deal with either 5 FPS or a screen resolution smaller then the freaking Gameboy Advance.
But the soundtrack is the best of all the Doom ports imo.

And ofcourse the original Gex appeared on the 3DO, which is a great 2D platformer.

That's the one's that first come to mind.
>>
>>3379946
>feels good to overpay
>feels good to pay even more for shipping
feels like your retarded
>feels good to have a console i can't play because no controllers
feels like your lucky
>>
>>3380291
/Thread also if you own a 3d0 you need to pick up super street fighter II turbo. Why? watch this video to find out why.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by_41WVlhgU
>>
I wonder what would have happened if the original Metal Gear 3 released on the 3DO.

They even left the 3DO model on Otacon's room on MGS on PS1.
>>
>>3380418
Oh crap, I totally forgot about the Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo port. That one was pretty damn good aswell.

Thanks for reminding me!
>>
File: 383-Road_Rash_(U)-4.jpg (123KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
383-Road_Rash_(U)-4.jpg
123KB, 640x448px
Just picked up an FZ10 with two, almost new, Goldstar format controllers as well as an SG Programpad for Sega priced at $70. Maybe they thought the SG pad was for the system, similar port plug I guess.

Having fun with it, all the old FMV games are funny as shit, Road Rash is the shit, loading times are the shit when compared to the fuck all times of Battlefront, entire burnable library is the shit, it looks like the shit, nostalgia as all shit as you play them now remembering they were god tier as a kid with an SNES. Burned Twisted to play with the wife later. You all may think it's shit but I think it is the SHIT!
>>
>>3379415
A rental shop nearby my house had it. I did play Road Rash and The Need for Speed. Pretty good games.

Gex was ok. I mean, it's the 3DO it has 3D even in its name so I expected more.

Demolition man was a movie I enjoyed but the game was shit. At least I got to see Sandra Bullock.

Mad Dog 2 I simply loved. I bet it sucks balls but at the time it was a fun lightgun game.

rise of the robots is a trash fighting game.

Another game I played was Microcosm. A shooter inside the human body. Ok too, nothing to write home about.

That sums up my experience with this console. I don't regret playing it but I'm glad I didn't ask for one. Imagine that. I don't think my parents could afford it anyway.
>>
>>3379415
saturn is better in 3d department than 3do.
>>
File: DSCN0724.jpg (840KB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0724.jpg
840KB, 2272x1704px
had mine since it was new, you really need a 6 button pad for street fighter or the pause button is a hit button. plenty of good games, no copy protection and there is a drive emulator but it's expensive. overlooked console. I have Quarantine, Road Rash, Need for Speed and Street Fighter. The dungeons and dragons games are good if you enjoy classic dungeon crawlers and lucienne's quest is a decent rpg
>>
>>3380351
>feels good to overpay
>feels good to pay even more for shipping
Nigga have you seen the prices on ebay? This is cheap as hell especially since this one works.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.