[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some classic games that envelope you in a world of whimsy,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

What are some classic games that envelope you in a world of whimsy, magic, and wonder?

I've tried Zelda and I know it's the premiere name for this kind of thing, but it just didn't do much for me, the world and characters all felt kind of...bland, or stock
>>
>>3376839
Zelda is supposed to be player inserty that's why Link doesn't talk.

If you are looking for a more recent game try Golden Sun and Lost Age

Generally for that world of magic feeling you should try digging through old school JRPGs and see what catches you. Older FF titles (never my cup of tea personally, Dragon Quest series, could always try Ys as well.
>>
Legend of Mana
SaGa Frontier 2
SMT
Monster Rancher 2
Klonoa
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Wild Arms
Shining Force 2
Terranigma
Daggerfall
Rudra no Hihou
Chrono Cross
Alundra
LSD
King's Field
Threads of Fate (sequel never ever)
Ys
Beyond the Beyond is generic and boring but I like it
Tactics Ogre is depressing but I also like that one
Live-A-Live
Skies of Arcadia
>>
File: willownes-17.png (3KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
willownes-17.png
3KB, 256x224px
>>3376839
Willow on NES is exactly what you're looking for. Based on a fantasy film by George Lucas, it's an action rpg that's really impressive for 8-bit. Check it out!
>>
>>3377139
>Threads of Fate
Ehhhh, Threads of Fate isn't very good.
Replace that with Shining Force 1 and Shining Force CD, or Tales of Phantasia/Destiny/Eternia.
>>
File: kid_gloves_ii_03.png (6KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
kid_gloves_ii_03.png
6KB, 320x256px
Try Wonderboy and similar games/clones.
>>
>>3377928
Came here to post this.
>>
>>3376839
rhapsody. whimsy and magic overload
>>
>>3377941
>Ehhhh, Threads of Fate isn't very good.
Not that anon, but I disagree. It's a pretty nice action RPG with a neat concept behind its gameplay and some equally good visuals and music.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.