[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been playing Rare Replay, and it's been my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Banjo-kazooie.jpg (40KB, 300x316px)
Banjo-kazooie.jpg
40KB, 300x316px
So I've been playing Rare Replay, and it's been my first exposure to Rare's library.

I won't go full /v/ and call them shit or anything, because I don't think these games are shit, but the games I've been playing just haven't been speaking to me.

-I got halfway through Battletoads but wasn't having fun so I stopped
-the early rare games are either super primitive or have that retro isometric style that I'm just not into
-Thought Banjo-Kazooie was super fun but stopped having fun once I got to the desert and stopped (also it has that Mario 64 camera which is a pet peeve of mine).

Still need to try Conker, Nuts & Bolts, and Viva Pinata before I can say for sure I just don't like Rare games, but most of these games just aren't speaking to me.

Anyone else feel the same about Rare? Any other beloved developers you feel similarly about?
>>
Their Speccy games were alright.
>>
derp gamez twenty yearz old not got muh boop bop graphics hurr
>>
File: 1407094853070.jpg (57KB, 398x520px) Image search: [Google]
1407094853070.jpg
57KB, 398x520px
Pretty sure it's common knowledge that NES Rare weren't all that great. They only started to get really good around N64. I really recommend finishing Banjo, I really enjoyed it and 100%'d it.

>Conker
Quirky game with some decent gameplay here and there. More of a novelty at the time, but I think it's still worth playing.
>Nuts & Bolts
Haha, nice one
>Viva Pinata
Really?

Rare after the Microsoft buyout wasn't really rare to me. The only Rare-esque games to me is Grabbed by the Ghoulies and after that they were assigned shitty sequels and kinect games.
>>
Wizards and Warriors
Battletoads NES
DKC2

to me that covers pretty much everything

I don't like the 3D ones so much
>>
most of their n64 games are at least good, and solar jetman is underrated

Rare is pretty appropriately rated: great in spurts, mediocre overall. Really we should recognize the project team and staff that did classics.
>>
>>3376375
Didn't Rare do RC Pro AM NES? That's quality.
>>
>>3376347
Haven't really played much of Rare's N64 stuff in a while, but I do remember being rather unimpressed by them. I honestly enjoyed Nintendo and Insomniac's (and even ND though their takes follow a more traditional philosophy) take on the 3D platformer concept more, even with the whole minigame stuff the latter's Spyro sequels tend to have.
>>
>>3376375
>and after that they were assigned shitty sequels and kinect games.

I swear there's this massive black spot in the memory of every Rare fan who claims the talent left/MS ruined them because Kinect forgets that Viva Pinata exists.
>>
>>3376375
To me the last true to style Rare title was Kameo (originally planned to be a gamecube title). PD Zero had a shitty campaign but the multiplier was good, if I recall correctly. I've never played Grabbed by the Ghoulies and likely never will.

To keep it retro, every game I've played by them on the N64 was stellar. That company was one of the best reasons to get a 64 of a Playstation.
>>
>>3376594
>of a Playstation.
What?
>>
>>3376347
>Rare Replay
Play Blast Corps. Really play it, don't put it down after 10 minutes. Actually try to finish the game.
>>
>>3376598

>criticizing an obvious typo

anon was probably on mobile. you know exactly what he meant to say and ignore it and shitpost because you're an ass ravaged sonyfag. pls have sex and kys
>>
>>3376375
>They only started to get really good around N64

That happened before the N64 era. Donkey Kong Country trilogy, Killer Instinct, Battletoads were all great games. Wizards and Warriors, Snake Rattle 'n' Roll and RC PRO-AM were good as well.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.