[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today i bought a SNES after years of only playing modern HDMI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: jack-tin-hieu-bong-sen-rca.jpg (44KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
jack-tin-hieu-bong-sen-rca.jpg
44KB, 800x520px
Today i bought a SNES after years of only playing modern HDMI games.

I plug it in to my HD tv using the yellow, white and red cables it came with and i started it up. i'm sure if it's me or not but it looks really fuzzy and way too pixelated. I plugged in my PS3 (which i haven't used in 2-3 years) with the same YWR cables and it looks like this too.

Is there something wrong with the tv or is this the way it always looked and i'm just too used to 1080p?
>>
Well composite kinda sucks so if it looks like shit that's normal.
>>
>>3373561
turn the sharpness to 0 and turn off any signal processing. If it flickers your tv is interpreting 240p as 480i and you need a line doubler. There is the hd retrovision component cable but I haven't tried one yet so I can't recommend it.
>>
Buy a Framemister and use RGB scart with said adapter.

If you are using a mini, mod it for RGB, it's sharper and never use sync on composite, only composite sync, sync on Luma is good too (mostly for PS1/2 games due to a lack of composite sync pin out).
>>
>>3373586
The component cable doesnt linedouble
>>
Composite has always been shitty. Consumer CRTs were just so bad that it wasn't really a limiting factor.

The SNS-001 (boxy model) supports S-Video out of the box. The mini/SFC Jr variant will need a mod to enable it. This will increase the effective resolution a bit and get rid of the purple and yellow jizz around everything.

RGB is even tastier, but sort of a hassle and your set probably doesn't support it.

Honestly the answer to your problems is either - Buy a CRT or - Buy a framemeister (and a bunch of cables)
>>
Also, HDTVs always always always make old consoles look like shit. There's a whole market built around just making them look and play like you remember. Cables, boxes, and the like. SD TVs, having way lower resolution, blended those pixels nice and smooth in a way you will, sadly, never perfectly reproduce. You'll find many great alternatives, however. Pixel filters can really bring an old game into the 2010s, but you would need a filter box or something to achieve that effect using the original console rather than within an emulated environment.
>>
>>3373561
Composite blows. Always has. Also SNES is going to look shit on an HDTV regardless of the cable so use an emulator with a configurable shader. Or better yet get a CRT.
Do not fall for the framemeister meme.
>>
Super Famicom question.
How do I find early non-1 chip model? Which serial number I should look for?
>>
HDTVs handle 240p signals like fucking ass, all your retro games are going to look like shit on it, no matter the console, it's not just because of the composite cables. Now you know why people prefer using CRTs for retro games. The reason why you don't remember the games looking like shit is because you were using a CRT.
So either get a framemeister so the signal doesn't look like ass, or get your old CRT from the basement.
>>
you need monster cables made out of pure gold to boost the signal to maximum overcharge.
>>
>modern HDMI games
>1080p

OP, your PS3 barely plays at 720p, faggot.

Literal '09er
>>
>>3373561
>I plugged in my PS3 (which i haven't used in 2-3 years) with the same YWR cables
I mean this is not retro but I can't resist commenting how stupid that is. Use HDMI for the PS3, jesus fucking christ anon, that's beyond retarded
>>
>>3373784
I thought OP did that for comparison purposes.
>>
>>3373629
i wasn't implying it did but if the tv displays 240p correctly it, the color fidelity and image clarity will be improved considerably.
>>
>>3375138
You assume this but clearly you must have forgotten that OP is a faggot
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.