[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come it's so hard to get this board to agree a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: ryo-zanretsuken.gif (105KB, 180x176px) Image search: [Google]
ryo-zanretsuken.gif
105KB, 180x176px
How come it's so hard to get this board to agree a game is mediocre?
>>
>>3372513
4chan never really agrees on anything
>>
>>3372513
Because there's more than one person on the board and opinions vary. Are you honestly this stupid?

>>3372520
I agree with this guy.
>>
But AoF sucks...and you DEFENDED it on this board.
>>
File: ryo-mc-aof1.gif (26KB, 150x100px) Image search: [Google]
ryo-mc-aof1.gif
26KB, 150x100px
>>3372513
AoF's main appeal is in its personality: story, graphics and characters. True, its game system is pretty fucked up by all means. But its characters were memorable, and the story sure was better than a very simplistic/secondary one of SFII.

But otherwise, the game is shit by all standards. Ryo/Robert are vastly overpowered compared to the rest of the hacks in the game. The game copies SFII so much it's not even funny—from lookalike characters to obviously copied moves.

SNK continued to be like this for some time; but then they made Samurai Shodown and KoF and started giving a fuck about balance much more.
>>
nostalgia
>>
>>3372549
I would consider balancing the game something that was outside the game's scope. The hit detection and crap animation that lent itself to a stiff feeling made it unfun to play (at least for me).

They needed to make the engine competent before worrying about making the characters fair to one another. Fatal Fury was considerably better.
>>
>>3372568
True, but SNK learned from their mistakes. Any KoF game is much better balanced than any AoF game.
>>
File: 1343534709806.gif (367KB, 623x224px) Image search: [Google]
1343534709806.gif
367KB, 623x224px
>>3372513
why do you care even care what these pedants think?

just play and enjoy what you like
>>
I don't like how characters vomit and bleed and get purple as they're beat up in this game. It's gross.
>>
>>3372549
The guy who made Street Fighter I, left Capcom and made AoF

AoF is the true sequel to SF, down to only 2 playable characters and shitty controls.
>>
>>3373243
Some of the graphical touches were pretty inventive but that can't mask the unsatisfying gameplay.
>>
>>3372513
There were so many shit fighting games in the 90s Aof wasn't that bad when compared to them.

Time Killers, Primal Rage, Clayfighter, Ballz, Dark Rift, Rise of the Robots, Eternal Champions. omg
>>
File: luke yang0x429x7.gif (116KB, 500x429px) Image search: [Google]
luke yang0x429x7.gif
116KB, 500x429px
>>3374589
This is what many people forget. At this point fighting games are very refined. Even indy game stuff like Skull Girls is far better designed and balanced than most retro fighters were. In the early days of the genre there were a lot of janky games that played like shit.

AoF is pretty bad by today's standards, but back then it was above average.
>>
>>3372513
You're right hand comes off?
>>
>>3374589
Primal Rage and Clayfighter were nowhere near as incompetently built as the other games in your list.

If fighting games had a tier list, Primal Rage and Clayfighter would be C-, and the other games you mentioned would be D or F.
>>
>>3374589
I wish PR2 came out. It looked like a more competent fighting game than its predecessor
>>
File: ignorant_babby_award.gif (59KB, 1000x1192px) Image search: [Google]
ignorant_babby_award.gif
59KB, 1000x1192px
>>3372513
YouTube babbies. Especially during summer.
>>
Because of the many different points of view due to the fact that this is an anonymous website in which people can post as much as they want. Therefore. It's really hard for an anonymous comunity as big as this one, to agree on something.
>>
>>3372520
>4chan never really agrees on anything

I don't agree with that statement.
>>
>>3375525
elaborate.
>>
>>3374589
This all day every day. The West turned out the shitiest fighting games.
>>
>>3377619
Why was that? It's such a simple concept, but time after time east beat west.
>>
>>3377331
I disagree; he doesn't need to elaborate.
>>
>>3374471
"Made"
He was one of the planners. Same story with Fatal Fury:
> Series producers Takashi Nishiyama (since the original title)[2] and Hiroshi Matsumoto (since Fatal Fury 3), were the planners of the original Street Fighter (where they were credited as Piston Takashi and Finish Hiroshi). Matsumoto is also the creator of the Art of Fighting series.

I also think this is probably why the games feel much closer to SF1, having VERY similar feel to it.

>>3377650
>>3374589
You're mentioning games which played on MK fame, not SF fame.

That breed of MK copycats was the case of producers saying: "Hey! This thing is popular with the kids and selling like hotcakes! Quick, dev team, make a game just like this! You know, with pre-rendered sprites, fatalities and everything!".

Well, MK had decent gameplay and some balance at least. The copycats were just like shitty action figures for kids, except in the form of games. "Woah dude look at this huge hairy beast shredding that mutant! That's what I call cool dude".
>>
>>3372549
Ryo and Robert were the only playable character in the game, man. And in AoF 2, They aren't the best characters.
>>
I can't even decide for myself if games are mediocre especially retro games , like masters of fighting is it good? I'm still trying to beat that last boss.
>>
>>3378845
> And in AoF 2, They aren't the best characters.
Who are then?
>>
>>3372520
I neither agree nor disagree
>>
>>3378949
NIGGER SMASH
>>
Because people have different tastes, and no matter how many ironic shitposts about a game are made, people will still like some games.
>>
>>3378965
No argument
>>
>>3378949
motherfucking Geese if that counts. Out of the regular roster, Lee and Micky.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.