[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so /vr/, i am still confused after all those years. Final Fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ff.jpg (413KB, 2510x1079px) Image search: [Google]
ff.jpg
413KB, 2510x1079px
so /vr/, i am still confused after all those years.

Final Fantasy 1 (in US) = Final Fantasy 1 (in JP)
Final Fantasy 2 (in US) = Final Fantasy 4 (in JP)
Final Fantasy 3 (in US) = Final Fantasy 6 (in JP)

is this correct? was Final Fantasy 5 a JP only title? and which games are Final Fantasy 2 & 3 (in JP)? i am afraid i have to be spoonfed because i remember whenever i try to look into it my brain starts to hurt
>>
>>3372310
You remind everything correct.
FF 2, 3 were made for Famicom
FF5 for SFC.
Now no title is JP-exclusive.
>>
>>3372310
>i am afraid i have to be spoonfed because i remember whenever i try to look into it my brain starts to hurt

You need more help than we can give you. Seek professional medical attention. If this is legit and you somehow slipped through the cracks of the education system (probably America) you are mentally disabled and need real help.

If you're white you can ask a police officer to help as well. Good luck.
>>
>>3372329
I gotta agree with this poster. It's very simple. Before FF7, FF's in the US were numbered in the order they were released there. After FF7, no one uses the old release numbering, and just refers to each game by it's actual title. You actually have to be retarded to not understand this simple concept.
>>
There have been too many rereleases of these games that use the correct number ing to still be confused over this.
>>
Outside of the Wii virtual console you have no reason to be confused by a game released after 1997. Even the Wii virtual console releases are obvious as fuck because they tell you they are on SNES
>>
>>3372335
Using the old numbers is attention whoring.
>>
>>3372532
Using both numbers is attention whoring.
>>
You got this right.

Final Fantasy I has been re-released since the NES, under the title Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy II finally came to America as part of Final Fantasy Origins on the PS1, and has been re-released multiple times since then under the name Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy III did not come to America until its DS remake. The remake has been put on other systems too.

Final Fantasy IV was released as Final Fantasy II on the SNES, but has been called Final Fantasy IV since its re-release as part of Final Fantasy Chronicles on the PS1.

Final Fantasy V first came to the US as part of Final Fantasy Anthology for the PS1, and has always been called Final Fantasy V.

Final Fantasy VI first released in the US as Final Fantasy III on the SNES, then released as Final Fantasy VI as part of Final Fantasy Anthology, and has been called Final Fantasy VI ever since.

Everything's been numbered properly since then.
>>
I just use the Japanese numbering to keep it simple.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.