[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of this fucking thing if it won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
1MB, 1600x900px
What's the point of this fucking thing if it won't recognize 75% of my roms?
>>
>>3364496
To provide a unified front end for emulators for those who use proper dumps and not garbage dumps.

I personally don't like it and prefer stand-alone emulators, but either way you should go get proper dumps for your games. It's 2016, there's no reason to still be keeping copies of subpar dumps.
>>
>>3364503
How to get good dumps without getting all that prototype shit, rom hacks and a lot of diffferent versions for the same game? It becomes a real pain to browse through the playlist with all that crap.
>>
>>3364496
Get good.
>>
>>3364595
nigga thats the good shit
>>
>>3364595
>2016
>Still doesn't know how to use the sort option.

Such a dumb generation.
>>
>>3364603
What sort option? I play with a xbox 360 on my tv. I'll take a look on the options.
>>
RetroArch has it's problems but you seem like a really dumb person.
>>
>>3364595

Shell script, you big dummy. I wrote one literally last night to copy over all the ROM files I was interested in to a directory that I then copied over to my raspberry pi.

Assuming you don't want weeaboo-only or inferior 50hz european ROM files, this is what you're interested in:

- Anything with (U), (JU), (UE), (JUE) or (W) as the region, plus [!] to indicate a good dump. The filename might have other codes in it, but we want those too (for now).
- Anything with those regions above as the very last thing in the filename before the extension, because some games don't have verified good dumps.

Once you have those copied over to their own directory, you're going to want to delete a few things too:

- Anything with (Prototype) in the name.
- Anything with [p#] in the name, where # is a number. Those are pirated copies of ROM files that often have copyright information taken out - you don't need them when you have the legit version of the ROM file as well.

And you're done. After these steps, I usually copy a couple of extra ROM files over by hand that don't fit these criteria but I want anyway, like Alien Soldier (J) and Thunder Force IV (J).
>>
>>3364610
Goodsnes/goodgen/goodnes/goodsms/etc all have an option to sort your roms into specific dirs.
>>
>>3364595
Internet FUCKING Archive, goddamn. They have the full no-intro set for everything up to 16-bit consoles. Pleasuredome still has open sign-ups so you can get all 32-bit and above as either no-intro or redump.

It's 2016, how do people still have problems finding proper dumps and rips when the fucking Internet Archive hosts the no-intro sets? What the fuck people?
>>
>>3364860
Aside from talking like a retard, you're right. Internet Archive is the best place to download rom sets.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.