[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time Travel thread. You have the power to go back and time and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: CT WarpPortal.png (442KB, 808x708px) Image search: [Google]
CT WarpPortal.png
442KB, 808x708px
Time Travel thread.

You have the power to go back and time and change 1 event in video game history. What event do you change? What should happen instead? What effect are you hoping that this will have on the future?
>>
I'd prevent them from every happening. Where they are now and they people they've created aren't worth the <20 years of decent games
>>
Not even video game history. If I could go back in time and could have the power to change an even in history, I'd make the internet never go mainstream.
Would make it stop around Myspace times, when people suddenly decided that it was okay to upload their real life photos and personal information to the internet. I would also make the internet stay at 56k, or 1MB at most.
Exchange information is OK, but not streaming shit.
Also, kill cell phones, definitely. Or let them stay as phones, smart phones/devices were a mistake.

That alone should make not only the video game industry better, but also the whole world.
>>
>>3364291
>I'd make the internet never go mainstream
>Would make it stop around Myspace times

So about 6 years after it became mainstream. Got it.

>Stay at 56k or 1,024k at the most
Uhhhhhhh. That's a pretty big gap between what you'd do and what you'd settle for.

>Exchange (of) information is okay, but not streaming shit
Fuck off. Streaming shit is awesome. I don't have to sit and spend 3 hours pirating an entire season of something. I can now just watch it online for free.

All in all you're way too willing to go against your own, however retarded they may be, belief and would be a terrible candidate to go back in time.
>>
>>3364310

Nobody asked for your opinion. Although it's true the internet went mainstream before MySpace, but MySpace was the tumbling down moment.
>>
I would stop these threads from getting posted.
It would make the world a better place.
>>
>>3364310
>I can now just watch it online for free.

>Not exchanging recorded shows in VHS with your friends
>>
>>3364326
>lending out your VHS tapes
Fuck that. I lent out two VHSs to a friend of mine, Jon the Jew. Then he died and I couldn't ever figure out a way to gracefully approach the subject of asking his parents for permission to rummage through his things to get it back.
One was the entire series of Cartoon Sushi on a single, 6hr VHS that I recorded from TV and meticulously cut all the commercials out of.
It showed footage of Oddworld back in July 1997 before the game was released in September.
Fuck lending out anything. People are all inconsiderate and shit. Not look where they're going and getting hit by cars. Fuck people.
>>
>>3364374
>and meticulously cut all the commercials out of.

That's so retarded.

I did that too, now I regret it. old TV commercials are hard to come by, whereas most series got remastered and released on DVD.
>>
>>3364376
I know. :-(

But at the time, we knew no better.
Now, when I tell people about such-and-such commercial, no one believes me it existed because I can find no evidence of it online and often the commercial is so fucking out there, it seems unbelievable.

Like... do you remember those KGB commercials that were around before Smartphones were so widespread? There was one that I KNEW would cause a huge backlash when it aired. I saw it once and once only and never again.
In case you don't know, KGB was (is?) a service where you text a question to some number or other and they text you back with an accurate answer.
The commercial in question was a bunch of Negresses in a hair salon gettin' they hair did and one asks why the natural hair is cheaper than the human hair if human hair is also natural.
So she txts KGB to ask "what is natural weave?"
Then, they showed two KGB agents on a mountaintop in Tibet with a yak. The yak grunts.
The next scene is one of the Negresses chimping out "Oh you bettah don't put no yak up in mah weave!!!"
And that was the end of the commercial.

No one has seen it. But I have. I have.
>>
>>
>>3364278

I'd prevent Midway from screwing over the mk2 actors, thus making sure they woukd be a part of mk3.

>and with Daniel Pesina on board mk3 would have actually been good.
>>
I would go have two man dual guitar jam sessions with Naoki Kodaka in 1989.
>>
sonic Xtreme
>>
File: 3422083_f520.jpg (94KB, 520x692px) Image search: [Google]
3422083_f520.jpg
94KB, 520x692px
Your changed event would only change your personal subjective interpretation of the timeline. Nothing will actually change in the current timeline. Everything will still exist, along with all the other things that could possibly exist.
>>
File: laughingintensifies.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
laughingintensifies.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>3364374
>Jon the Jew
>>
Tell Trip Hawkins that games aren't the future and he should choose a different job.

Tell Sega they shouldn't make the 32x, Also tell them that FMV games aren't the thing people want.

Tell Nec they should get a better NA division.
>>
File: GunpeiYokoi.jpg (71KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
GunpeiYokoi.jpg
71KB, 450x300px
Gunpei, watch out for that car!
>>
>>3364278
I'd try to prevent Rare from being microsoftized.
>>
File: 1249539776711.png (24KB, 693x456px) Image search: [Google]
1249539776711.png
24KB, 693x456px
I'd go and convince Nintendo and Sony to keep working on SNES-CD add-on together to see how it would affect console gaming.

On the second through maybe I should go and kill m00t before he comes up with the idea of 4chan so I wouldn't spend 9 years of my life browsing this shitty website and would retain the ability enjoy video games since I wouldn't come in contact with /v/.
>>
>>3366426
Killing m99t and having sex with your own mother is the obvious thing to do.
>>
>>3364278
kill whomever i have so that they dont exist, videogames were a terrible mistake
>>
Convince the Metal Slug team to stay at Irem so that SNK doesn't steal away their talent. And hopefully stays alive longer than they do in this timeline when MS inevitably becomes a hit.
>>
>>3366427
well at least he is already half way there
>>
>>3366419
God speed brother.
>>
Have Atari release the 7800 in 1984 and have them make more original games instead of just home versions of arcade games.

Plus keep the Tramiels away from the company.
>>
>>3364278
I love handhelds, so I'd make Sega support the NGPC, like they intended. Which would also mean that they fuse with Bandai.
>>
>>3364326
>Not exchanging recorded shows

Stopped right there. I fucking hated people who recorded shit off of cable.
>>
I'd go and convince SquareSoft to stay with Nintendo systems.
>>
>>3367602

Why?
>>
>>3367996
They could never ever ever be fucked to even TRY to cut out the commercials
>>
>>3368094

Read:

>>3364374
>>3364376
>>3364405

A lot of us actually did. And it was a big mistake.
>>
>>3368098
Well, in >>3364405's case, he's a fucking idiot who can't google. I found the commercial in seconds by typing in "kgb yak weave commercial". MANY MANY people have heard of it.
>>
Handle the launch of the Sega Saturn better preventing the existence of the Xbox
>>
>>3366974
And save Gunpei Yokoi.
>>
I'd go talk to Eric Harris and convince him that he has a brilliant mind and his life is worth living.
>>
>>3368497

Is this video games related?
>>
>>3368786

In a way, it's video game related.
>>
Prevent Super Mario Bros from being released, just to see what would happen.
>>
I'd go back to 1993 and convince Games Workshop to give the Warhammer License to Blizzard.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.