[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let me post a couple hypotheticals for ya, /vr/. 1) Say Final

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: ehrgeiz.jpg (175KB, 800x783px) Image search: [Google]
ehrgeiz.jpg
175KB, 800x783px
Let me post a couple hypotheticals for ya, /vr/.

1) Say Final Fantasy 7 as we know it simply wasn't made, yet all the characters like Cloud, Tifa, Zack, etc remained in Ehrgeiz. Would any of those characters be remembered today? Or would Ehrgeiz be an even more forgotten game than it already is without having the 'Final Fantasy fighter' identity to go with it?

2) What if Ehrgeiz was released before FF7? Would it have been viewed as some lame promo stunt? Would FF7 instead be known as "The Ehrgeiz RPG?" Something else?
>>
Just realized I still havent tried erhegeiz.
gotta get on that at some point.
>>
File: clair-ehrgeiz.jpg (151KB, 603x515px) Image search: [Google]
clair-ehrgeiz.jpg
151KB, 603x515px
>>3357564
Barely anyone remember Ehrgeiz even with the ff7 cameos.
>>3357649
The dungeon crawler rpg was surprisingly addictive and fun but too short. Also Clair is an underrated hottie.
>>
Nice work, OP. This is indeed an interesting question. I'm a bit stumped at what the answer would be.

I specifically got this game BECAUSE Cloud and Co. were going to be in it. Never finished the crawler myself though, always assumed I was doing something wrong in it.

Still, I thought it had some nice characters in it, though I cannot recite to you all of the names by heart. I remember rewatching the Korean dude's bad ending because it made me feel sad for him all the time.

Also, the sumo-like guy annoyed me because his ending always kept fucking up for me. I can't remember if it kept looping with the eating scene or if nothing happened and it just ended.

And yet, with the whole trailer like things that appeared before you pressed start you could tell there was supposed to be something happening while he was inside of the ramen shop. I just never found out what. I should look up the ending on youtube sometime.
>>
>>3358267
The loop in Sumo guys ending is international. Kind of like Gons Tekken 3 ending
>>
>>3357564
Nah. Maybe.
>>
>>3357649
It's a pretty dope game but the FF7 characters are completely broken. They are leagues better than the original cast of characters. Tifa has a rediculous homing projectile that fucks everyone's shit up.
>>
>>3358332

So that's it then? Nothing happens? He just eats a bowl of ramen four or five times and that's it?
>>
>>3357676
>Barely anyone remember Ehrgeiz even with the ff7 cameos.

Shame that. It was rather fun.

>Also Clair is an underrated hottie.

And how

really wish there was more art. Beyond two pieces of character art and this that's fucking it that Ive seen
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 400x384px
Gotta admit square at least tried to make their fighting games interesting from a single player standpoint. The dungeon crawler in Ergheiz wasn't half bad. Shame this games single player didn't get a bit more polish.
>>
>>3357676
I love this artist's style. It's a realistic body proportion that also looks nice.
>>
>>3357564
Considering Ehgreiz is mainly remembered as "that one game with the FF7 characters" by most people I highly doubt it'd be any more memorable to them. If anything it'd fade into obscurity even faster. Don't get me wrong though I like Ehgreiz it's just hardly anyone really gives a fuck about it and its connection to FF7 is really all they know or remember about it.
>>
Ergheiz is originally an anime series and a arcade game made by Namco. When it was ported to the PSX, Squaresoft published it, and that's why the Final Fantasy characters were included in the port (they aren't there on the original).
>>
>>3361414
The arcade version did have Cloud and Tifa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC-4HWcLF1U
>>
>>3361421
Cool, I didn't know that.
>Ken Mishima
NAMCO!
>>
File: tumblr_ni31foPQBa1shn7rgo1_1280.png (317KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni31foPQBa1shn7rgo1_1280.png
317KB, 1000x1000px
>>3361421

Yuffie was cooler
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.