[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What doest thou guys think of SONIKKU SHIIDII (SONIC CD) ? D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: RetroArch-0625-171800.png (21KB, 284x240px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0625-171800.png
21KB, 284x240px
What doest thou guys think of SONIKKU SHIIDII (SONIC CD) ? Do you prefer US or JP soundtrack?
Here is an excerpt from the JP soundtrack: https://youtu.be/JICkXdqVauY
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>3354146
for in game purposes, US
for listening to on it's own, JP.

also ソニック CD is great...
>>
>>3354146
>excerpt from the JP soundtrack
>it's actually from the US

At least learn to link properly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgcvjVRXK44

>>3354163
I'm on the polar opposite of your opinion, really.
>>
>>3354146
Spindashing was fucking terrible in this
>>
>>3354179
everything* was terrible in this
>>
>>3354176
Really? that's interesting, I always had it in that way because I thought the US soundtrack fit better with the atmosphere of the game while JP was more of a traditional sonic experience.
>>
>>3354179
>spindashing at all

ayy lmao

But really, you're supposed to use the super peel-out instead. I'll agree that the original game's sound effect for both of those moves was very annoying.
>>
>>3354191
I mean, I kinda like both for listening, but where the US tracks are some cool tunes to play with, the JP ones are the reason the game had to exist in the first place, they are much more tied to the presentation/gameplay and a better fit altogether.
>>
>>3354229 Oh, I kinda am the opposite, I liked that while it was made only for US, the US soundtrack felt more fitting with the tone of the game.
>>
>>3354146
>SONIKKU SHIIDII
lol them japs, man, them japs
always talkin funny-like
>>
>>3354256
He didn't even do it right, CD in japanese is still CD.
>>
>>3354276
90% of them still pronounce it SHII DII. That's just how their language programs their Japanese brains to speak our foreign talky-words.
>>
>>3354276
you don't even speak japanese you fat burgerlander. they can't pronounce CD, they say シーディー.
>>
>>3354298
ok, well sorry, I'm still learning anyway... I'm not gonna argue though I guess you're right.
>>
Are we gonna ignore that the cat video sounds exactly like Sonic CD?
>>
>>3354163
I'm opposite of this, the music in the JP version is more geared towards game purposes and sounds more like Sonic music, the US version sounds more like general atmosphere and doesn't exactly sound like a Sonic game.

I prefer the JP more, but the US is good too
>>
ITT: We pretend our music preference isn't based on nostalgia for which version we played, or just being a weeb.

I'm a Europoor so techically I got the Jap soundtrack. But when I was a kid I didn't have a Sega CD, I played the PC port, which had the US soundtrack.

Needless to say I vastly prefer the US soundtrack (that sweet guitar work, it's almost Talarico level), and the JP one just sounds like a load of typical j-pop garbage to me.
>>
>>3354718
you seem to be new here.
This thread is well known troll thread to start flame war just like nintendo vs sega.
Just remember to add it in your filter list
>>
>>3354718
It'd be very odd for you to have a Sega CD in Europe. Should have been looking for Mega CDs.
>>
>>3354146
Eh, its just another reiteration of the same basic Sonic formula, but it's worth playing just for the graphics. I didnt know it had different soundtracks. I'll see if I can actually enjoy the Japanese soundtrack.
>>
It's a good game. I dont consider it "the best" like some hipsters do, because the game does play pretty slowly if you intend on getting all of the past endings. Speaking of which, I have never done that because getting those is a huge pain in the ass.

But it has a ton of secrets, and also little rewards for beating times in Time Attack and beating the game on perfect.

The japanese soundtrack is one of the greatest in Sonic history.
>>
>>3354718
>Jp soundtrack
>J-pop
What?
>>
>>3355505
yeah, they don't know what they are talking about
>>
File: 1460146968439.gif (2MB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
1460146968439.gif
2MB, 636x477px
>>3354146
Better than Sonic 1
>>
>>3357159
Sonic EXE?
>>
>>3354146
Never played it when I was young. Didn't know a single soul who owned a Sega CD, and couldn't convince my parents to buy me one. I also recall not wanting one that badly, especially for just the one game. (I find it weird how much more sensible I was as a kid.)

Finally played it years later, not really impressed. A lot of the graphical effects are nice, but eh. Both soundracks are cool, but I think JP fits the game better. Level design was forgettable overall, and the bosses were weak as fuck. Also the jump/spin dash sound effects make me wish I were deaf. I think my favorite part is the animated intro.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.